My 33 week appointment!!! (kinda long)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 21st, 2010, 03:08 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
All's GREAT! Kellen's measuring a bit large, still (forgot to ask, we were talking about delivery and everything else) but not so much to be alarming (my guess is maybe a week or 2. His heart rate was strong and solid, and I was even impressed with the rhythm

BP is great! By now, with DD, I was swelling badly, and BP was nearing 140/95 (PIH officially diagnosed). Not this time! Doc even says she'd be surprised if my bp really gets high... she said it MAY increase over the next few weeks, but probably not to pre-e levels because of how well things are going now (but who's to say!)

I never look at the scale, but she said it looks good.

And, for my questions (and the answers)...

He's probably still breech, but all balled up at belly button and lower, which is why my stomach is hanging so low.

Not sure if I have to preregister, she said not to, but the hospital's website says to call, so I'll find out about that and do it if they need it.

She said there are more July/Aug/Sept babies, but not so many that we'll have any issues at the hospital and we're always guaranteed our private room for birth and post-partum (I thought it was the same room, and it may be, if I remember right).

EPO: no harm no foul, but nothing substantial proves it's usefulness, so I'll try it anyway

And...

Induction...

Depending on bp or a number of other things (depending a great deal on the Bishop's score) if we have to induce, the target dates are Sept. 3 or 6 (check in in the morning and baby sometime that day!) so, we'll have to see how everything looks.

As I get closer, I may change my mind on induction and go for it! If I'm at least 2 cm dilated and 50% effaced like I was with DD, it'll be very tempting because it was SOOOO easy and I didn't need them to break my water, or use pitocin or anything, just the simple little pills (not even all of them) inserted. Toooo easy!

So, I'm totally thrilled that we're on the same page and everything looks good! I'm still worried about breech, though She said in 2 weeks, when she starts the cerv check and does the Strep B swab, she'll have a much better idea and we'll start to really talk about what to do if he's being stubborn.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
July 21st, 2010, 03:32 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Thanks, Anna! Yep... if we do choose to go with an induction Sept 3, for all kinds of reasons, WOW, that's not too far away like... 6 weeks, 2 days! I can't freaking believe it! My to-do list is WAAAY too long. I'm seriously asking for help to get all this done, even by hiring some jobs out.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
July 21st, 2010, 03:40 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope he flips for you!! All in all it sounds like a great appt though!! Yeay!
July 21st, 2010, 03:42 PM
lulumama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a great appointment! And...September 3 - we really might be Due Date Buddies in EVERY sense of the word!

Forever missing our baby boy, Otis Allen, born September 12, 2010 at 41 wks; left this world 36 hours later.

Blessed with our Maui Miracle - Owen Kekoa, born 9/19/11 at 35w3d!
July 21st, 2010, 04:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am glad you had a good appointment! Now baby has to do some little tricks and place his head in the right spot! Go baby!

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
July 21st, 2010, 04:15 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Hooray for a good appointment!!! So happy to see that your BP is normal!
July 21st, 2010, 04:47 PM
The Heather's Avatar Jedi Master of Piffleness
Sounds like a great appointment! I hope he flips for you soon!

July 21st, 2010, 04:59 PM
ginnkneephur's Avatar Rainbows and Sunshine
Yay!! That sounds like a great appointment!!

July 21st, 2010, 05:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope he decides to flip for you! Glad to hear the BP is still going well. 32 weeks is when mine started going up last time, so I am anxious to see how things are next week.
July 21st, 2010, 05:40 PM
dani.'s Avatar [ missing my soldier ]
So glad to hear your BP is doing well! I hope Kellen flips for you!! Gosh - our babies will be here before we know it.

mommy to
dakota [05.03.06] & dash [08.24.10]

July 21st, 2010, 05:53 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Yay for a great appointment!! I'm glad that everything is looking good! You'll have your baby boy here before you know it

Oh, and I've heard that there are a few yoga poses that people swear by to get baby to flip. Plus, some doctors know how to do external manipulation to get a baby to flip. Hopefully, though, it won't come to that and he'll turn all on his own

July 21st, 2010, 06:10 PM
Angel_Maker
So glad that all is well with you and Kellen <3
July 21st, 2010, 09:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Good appt! Yeah. Lets just hope your little man will be a gymnast and flip head down!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search