PPD experience??

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 21st, 2010, 06:55 PM
SSgt_Wifey_USMC
i was just sitting here just thinking with my edd aug. 16th-18th i definately gotta get the bag ready. But i was also thinking, after ryder was born and chris came home from iraq my baby fever hit me so bad that i developed ppd and was put on low dose of zoloft. I stopped taking them once we found out we were pregnant with this one, so now i'm worried if i have a higher chance of getting ppd (sighs). chris thinks i should ask for it only because of my body not adjusting back to normal like other women do. i really don't like taking any stuff like that i just had taking pills in general. He says its BFing friendly but i still don't want to take anything unless i truly need to but now its got me thinking how'd my baby fever would be or if i would get ppd. sometimes i wish i was telepathic and psychic lol some of your BTDT moms, have you had any experiences with PPD in your previous pregnancies???

PPD= Postpartum Depression...BTW

Last edited by SSgt_Wifey_USMC; July 21st, 2010 at 07:07 PM.
July 21st, 2010, 07:03 PM
TXErinC's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had PPD and was put on 50mg of zoloft a few weeks after DS was born. I plan on asking the doc for a RX before I deliver, just so I have it if I need to use it. I know I don't want to feel so anxious and cry so much ever again. The zoloft really helped before so I'll happily take it again if it helps me function.
July 21st, 2010, 07:39 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i really really thought i was going to have PPD and so did everyone else since i struggled for about 10 years with depression....however, i didn't end up getting it. I don't believe your chances are higher b/c you had it last time.You have the advantages of also knowing your body and mind from having it last time to know if it does become and issue. i'll def be on the look out for myself getting it too. T&P's that you don't get it again!
July 21st, 2010, 09:11 PM
The Heather's Avatar Jedi Master of Piffleness
I have previously been on anti depressants, but stopped taking them when I got pregnant with my DD. So we obviously watched very closely for PPD after DD was born, but I never got it and I also never went back on my meds. Everything seems to be going well since, so hopefully I can continue to avoid them. I would just let your doctor know your history and keep a close eye on things after the baby is born. Don't be ashamed if you need to take the medication either. It is there to help you.

July 22nd, 2010, 04:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't have any experience, but it sounds like you're keeping a good eye on it and hopefully it doesn't happen again. But if it does, don't be ashamed to ask for help.
July 22nd, 2010, 06:33 AM
SSgt_Wifey_USMC
i think they put me on 250mg of Zoloft before i got pregnant and was told it was a low dose. it actually did help me, i was surprised kinda to be honest i forgot that i had it til the docs look at my medical record and mention it. i should start carrying a notepad with me lol ok phew i'm really glad its a hit or miss on PPD
July 22nd, 2010, 07:53 AM
heathernoel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Zoloft starter packs start at 25 mg and go up from there.

I am already on anti depressants, and can say I wouldn't still be here if I didn't have them. Yes, there are some that are less safe that others when breastfeeding. However, you have to weigh risks v benefits when considering it.

The meds I am on are considered cat. C. The research conducted and published is only available with results in animals....no humans. The anecdotal evidence, however, is quite encouraging.

I will breastfeed my baby, and I will take care of my mental health. It's important to remember that if you aren't healthy, your baby WILL pick up on it. So discuss PPD with your dr.

July 22nd, 2010, 05:58 PM
Mom2#1Drakester's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i already have a script for zoloft just in case

thank you tasha_mae for the great siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search