A question about stretch marks

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 21st, 2010, 08:56 PM
Frangipani's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For the BTDT moms-I have a question about stretch marks.

Do you get them during pregnancy or do you get them after the baby is born? What I mean is, if I haven't gotten them yet, is it possible that after the baby is out, that all that skin will be saggy and get stretch marks then?

sorry if this is a weird question!
July 21st, 2010, 09:00 PM
The Heather's Avatar Jedi Master of Piffleness
I got them while I was pregnant. Stretch marks are caused by your skin stretching, so you wouldn't get them after you have the baby. Maybe you are one of the lucky ones that won't get any!

July 21st, 2010, 09:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
If you have gone this long without any, then I think you are one of the lucky girls!
July 21st, 2010, 11:00 PM
Wifey2Jordan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had none the entire time I was pregnant with DS, then after he was born, I had little white ones on my lower stomach. You could hardly notice them when I got pregnant this time, but they are a little more obvious now. I haven't gotten any this time either.
July 22nd, 2010, 04:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ditto to them appearing from the skin stretching.
July 22nd, 2010, 04:56 AM
~Constance~
Most of the marks I got with my first appeared in the last month and the ugliest in he last two weeks(the two weeks I was overdue). Those came suddenly when he dropped.
I got some stretch marks after ds was born but they were on my "nursing" area.
Lotions and creams may help somewhat but it's mostly genetic. My awesome skin care regime didn't prevent mine or make them completely disappear.
July 22nd, 2010, 07:35 AM
klsfl10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabbagepatch View Post
Most of the marks I got with my first appeared in the last month and the ugliest in he last two weeks(the two weeks I was overdue). Those came suddenly when he dropped. .
I don't have any either yet but that's what I'd been told is that we can still get them when the baby drops.

July 22nd, 2010, 07:41 AM
I never had a single stretch mark with DS, and was extremely proud! But then the first time I looked in the mirror after delivery I was like WHAT IS THIS?! I guess I had them while pregnant but since my skin was stretched so tight you couldn't see them. I was sooooo sad.
July 22nd, 2010, 07:41 AM
army wife wilcox's Avatar "Z" kids mama
I got them while I was pregnant with my son and daughter, but no new ones this time around. My sister didn't get any until the last couple of weeks. It was from the baby dropping and the last little bit of weight she gained

July 22nd, 2010, 07:48 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
the only ones i can imagine getting is on your boobies from breast feeding - i got those. I also got 'regular' stretch marks with DS but it was while i was preggo from the skin stretching so much. I haven't gotten any new ones yet this time tho!
July 22nd, 2010, 08:41 AM
mothra's Avatar Martha
I got mine when I was pregnant, though I didn't get a single one until I was 36 weeks. They were bad for a while, really red and gross, but eventually turned white and sorta faded. They're looking a little more pink now, so I expect them to get worse. Oh well.

July 22nd, 2010, 08:55 AM
Frangipani's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel like my skin can't possibly expand any more than it already has yet I still have 6 weeks to go! I've been putting Palmer's cocoa butter lotion on every day but still am worried that I'm going to get them all over my belly in the next few weeks. I have a couple of stretch marks from losing weight a few years ago/gaining weight (?) so I know I'm prone to them. Just hoping I can avoid them if at all possible with the pregnancy!
July 22nd, 2010, 09:21 AM
lexicon's Avatar formerly SarahRenee
I didn't have a single stretch mark on my belly while I was pregnant... and then AFTER I had the baby I had a few purple stretchmarks I was so surprised and upset!!! So in my case I got them AFTER. They've since then faded and I can barely see them now. I won't be surprised this time around if I get a few more after having this baby.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy!
July 22nd, 2010, 09:55 AM
I didn't have any stretch marks until this week. Now I have some on my lower abdomen. Boo!
July 22nd, 2010, 11:10 AM
LifenTheFastLane's Avatar Mommy 2 Rhys~Rhylee~Jessa
After the baby is born it is highly unlikely you will get them, however I didn't have any with either of my sons until the last 2 weeks before they were born, and I mean I had NONE and then it looked like freddy kruger attacked my stomach a week or two before birth!! Not trying to freak you out, but if when you deliver and you don't have any, you should be in the clear.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search