Log In Sign Up

Some comforting statistics!


Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #2  
July 22nd, 2010, 04:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,504
Wow... I am also surprised.

I am with you - number of people choosing epidural is quite low. Yay for 58% of vaginal births!!!
__________________

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
July 22nd, 2010, 04:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 32,940
That does seem really low for epidurals!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
July 22nd, 2010, 05:51 AM
MonkeyBugMommy's Avatar Brooke
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Augusta, GA
Posts: 4,428
Send a message via Yahoo to MonkeyBugMommy
Wow, impressive statistics there!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
July 22nd, 2010, 06:19 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Midwest
Posts: 10,094
Glad this makes you feel better!
__________________
Thank you JAIDYNSMUM for my adorable new siggy!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
July 22nd, 2010, 09:24 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Join Date: May 2008
Location: MI
Posts: 14,754
Those look like great statistics, Anna! I'm with you, though, at being surprised at the low number of epidurals. But, I was confused...if 58% have vaginal births, 12% have emergency c-sections, 10% have elective c-sections, and 10% have vaginal births with the use of instruments...that's only 90%! What do the other 10% do? Whatever it is, if it's not a vaginal birth, and it's not a c-section...I want to do THAT!
__________________
Amy: Wife to my Handsome Husband Mommy to my superhero, Max (3) and Luckiest Bonus Mama to Sammy (5)

Reply With Quote
  #8  
July 22nd, 2010, 01:19 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 10,787
FYI~ I got a stork delivery with my first and he was dropped of when he was 5 1/2 so there are pluses and minuses to each method.

I bet Brandi is over the moon happy waiting for her stork delivery!
__________________
Nicole mommy to...



Reply With Quote
  #9  
July 22nd, 2010, 01:21 PM
*Amie*
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 3,921
__________________



Reply With Quote
  #10  
July 22nd, 2010, 01:25 PM
whitehouse's Avatar My name is Kelli :)
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Southeastern, USA
Posts: 11,323
88% DO NOT have an epidural!?!? Wow, there are some tough mamas over in the UK! Will you be with the minority or majority on that one Anna?
__________________
All good things are wild and free...


.fearfully and wonderfully made.
eli grey // jude lawrence
forever loving Finley
Reply With Quote
  #11  
July 22nd, 2010, 02:33 PM
ardisbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Folly Beach, SC
Posts: 1,882
Cool, I bet it feels empowering to have that research done on the place you are giving birth! I just watched a video today that said 76% of women have epidurals, way different!
__________________
Alisha

Reply With Quote
  #12  
July 22nd, 2010, 02:38 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 18,623
wow! Those are great stats!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:04 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0