Hospital tour question

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 22nd, 2010, 10:01 AM
Frangipani's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I couldn't get an appointment to tour the Labor & Delivery ward until August 17th, due to my work schedule. They only do tours on Tues, Wed, Thurs at 10 am and I work!

I'm worried though b/c I will be 38 weeks by that point. Am I worrying unnecessarily? Would you be freaked out that you are waiting that long?
July 22nd, 2010, 10:17 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i actually never even toured my hospital before DS was born - and am not touring this hospital either - since it's the only hospital my ob delivers at there wasn't really a point to me - since when i'm in labor i won't really care where i am or how it looks i've seen their postpartum rooms online and that's the only thing i had a 'concern' about b/c the ones for DS where soooooooo small DH couldn't spend the night, these ones rock though. So if you don't make it to the tour try not to stress out! They're going to wheel you everywhere anyway or lead you so you don't have to know where everything is before hand.
July 22nd, 2010, 11:16 AM
dani.'s Avatar [ missing my soldier ]
I never took a hospital tour, either. I had been to the hospital before, to visit friends, so I knew where to go (even though a nurse from my OB's office ended up wheeling me over in a wheel chair to L&D because I was being induced).

mommy to
dakota [05.03.06] & dash [08.24.10]

July 22nd, 2010, 01:52 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
I am having my hospital tour a week after you!!! I also was worried that it would be too late, but I think Alethia and Dani are right! They will ending up wheeling us around anyway

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
July 22nd, 2010, 01:59 PM
missmich
I did the tour.... in French. So I didn't get a whole lot out of it for the most part. I was late for the English one and my friend translated for me. I really felt I needed the tour and am considering taking it again in English. That's just me though. I have control issues and need to know what to expect in a new and scary situation. I also feel that I need to arrive early enough to "unpack" and settle into my room. I won't arrive to early though b/c I don't want them to rush me or push me around so I' won't have much time unpack and settle in before things really get going.
July 22nd, 2010, 02:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I wouldn't worry about it. As long as you know where the hospital actually is, they can direct you from there.

When I had my 2nd the hospital area was under construction-both insdie and outsdie. You couldn't park in the normal spots, there were limited entrances, etc. The doc had warned that we'd just have to follow signs once we got there as things were changing almost daily.

Plus a lot of hospitals limit their entrances at nighttime, so it would be a good idea to know that ahead of time, but otherwise, once yu get to L&D they'll take care of you.
July 22nd, 2010, 02:07 PM
Renwick2002's Avatar Veteran
Mine is August 9th so less than a month before my due date. She said it wasn't a big deal but they do the registration paperwork prior so it's all done in one fell swoop. I never toured the other hospitals.
July 22nd, 2010, 02:20 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wouldn't worry too much about it being that late. If you have any questions that are bugging you before hand you coulde always call and speak with a L&D nurse before then.

The tours for me are "nice" but in no way made me feel any more prepared.

I have found during the tours they like to sugar coat things in a way. Like the jacuzzi tub at our hospital. They show you this great tub in it's own room but never allowed me in it either time I was at that hospital. Either they didn't have enough nurses, they said I needed monitors...etc. It was one excuse after another. I got the feeling the tub is never actually used. No one I know who has delived there has ever been able to use it.

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search