my baby shower

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 22nd, 2010, 01:42 PM
niccimarie's Avatar Veteran
So my shower is this weekend, and I had a horrible dream about it. Only people came to munch on food and give a nother prego all my gifts. I guess im a little jelous of something. Im not sure. I also do not have a clue what to wear and if i should get my hair cut. It is getting pretty straggley i have not cut it in 9 months. eeks.

And one last question: what should i get my hosts as gifts for throwing me such a great shower, i know it will be great. i was thinking a pedicure and coffee, but any other ideas would be great as i ahve to get 3 of them something .
July 22nd, 2010, 01:47 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I bet you'll have a great time at your shower and the food AND the gifts will be great

As for presents, I find that any spa gift card works wonders. I got my host a spa gift card, a pair of SUPER fuzzy warm slippers (it was winter and it's cold here) and some fancy hot choc with a little bottle of peppermint schnapps. She loved it!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
July 22nd, 2010, 01:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That is a funny dream. No worries no one is going to take your gifts away.. The hosts should be happy with peddi and coffee. Last year I threw a baby shower and got nothing for it... I even did not expect anything because I did it simply for pleasure of making someone happy. Have fun and wear something comfy. GL with your haircut!

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
July 22nd, 2010, 02:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Bummer about the bad dream. I'm sure the real shower will go well. I say go for comfy too and treat yourself to a haircut. I never got gifts for my bridal or wedding shower, but my mom hosted them.
July 22nd, 2010, 02:14 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
sorry about the bad dream that sucks. I hope you have an AWESOME shower! A pedi and coffee sound like a great thank you gift!! Have fun!!!
July 22nd, 2010, 02:25 PM
ardisbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
awwww! I get worried about my shower too as I am not too big into being the center of attention. I think the gift idea sounds perfect!

July 22nd, 2010, 02:28 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
I was nervous about my shower, but I had such a nice time! A gift card for something that you know they'll enjoy is perfect (I got mine gift cards to a particular store I know they like).

Treat yourself to a hair cut, relax, and enjoy yourself! You're the mommy-to-be -- it's your special day!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search