As of now...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 22nd, 2010, 02:31 PM
SSgt_Wifey_USMC
i just got a call from my doctor about my edd, they have decided that they aren't going to change my edd because since my past u/s and whatnot has been on target. my doc's boss things that this baby is just a big baby. the doc is going to talk to one other person and give me a call back(idk when) but they aren't going to change my edd. SO that means Sept. 6th here we come , from what the last u/s it saying that this baby is 7lbs -/+ 14oz i'm at for loss on the growth of this baby since she's already a BIG baby. to be honest, i'd cry if i had to get a c-section. Nothing against you other mothers getting it, but i'm super scared of getting any type of surgery and i hope that IF i had to get it i could still breastfeed from fellow friend of mine she had a c-section and couldn't BF because the drugs they gave her(well so she says). So now i'm a little worried as to how much she's gonna weigh and if i can still go vaginal.
July 22nd, 2010, 02:44 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hang in there mama! It's pretty norm for them not to change due dates - but if baby is getting too big they will most likely induce you before she gets to the too big point. My sisters daughter was about 8lbs and her son was well in the 9lb range and she said it wasn't any harder and didn't hurt more than her daughter. But try to relax - they won't let her get too big for you!
July 22nd, 2010, 03:13 PM
dani.'s Avatar [ missing my soldier ]

Don't worry - the u/s could be a bit off & my tech also told me some babies hit a growth spurt then slow down a bit...so maybe that could be the case for you. My younger sister was nearly 10lbs & my mom delivered her vaginally [she did get an epi which she didn't with my sister & me]. So, there's still a chance things will go the way you want them to! And I'll pray that they do!

And I was extremely scared when they told me I had to have an emergency-c. Overall, it wasn't bad at all & you are allowed to BF. But I do hope you are able to deliver her the way you want her to be delivered.

Either way, you have a healthy babygirl on the way!

mommy to
dakota [05.03.06] & dash [08.24.10]

July 22nd, 2010, 03:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How big was Ryder?

I agree that they won;t let baby get too big and even ifyou do have to have a c/s, you should still be able to BF. Lots of mamas do.
July 22nd, 2010, 03:33 PM
ginnkneephur's Avatar Rainbows and Sunshine
I wasn't allowed to breast feed Phillip immediately bec of some med they had to give me during the emergency c section. I was heartbroken but still managed to breastfeed successfully after we were allowed to start nursing. Def wasn't easy.

Zakkary was a scheduled c section and I was allowed to breastfeed him as soon as I was out of recovery. Piglet.

I wish I could remember why I wasn't allowed to bf after the emergency. I know that it was pretty serious because I wasn't breathing. As they were cutting Phillip out they were shoving a tube down my throat. So everything afterwards is really just a blur.

July 22nd, 2010, 03:42 PM
ScottishBrit's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ScottishBrit
Also remember it's just an estimate of the weight. They told me DD was almost 9lb's and she was barely over 7! Freaked me out thats for sure!!! They always talked about how long and big she was but she was only 17inches and Is only in the 25th prcentile now!!! LOL...
July 22nd, 2010, 07:34 PM
SSgt_Wifey_USMC
when ryder was born he was 8lbs 2oz when i was pregnant with him the docs were trying to tell me he was a 10+lbs.

you'd think with this being my 2nd pregnancy i wouldn't be so paniky(sp.?) huh? lol
July 22nd, 2010, 08:06 PM
lovely_serendipity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh I think people get paniky no matter if its their 1st or 5th pregnancy,so its normal!!! Look at it this way..it doesn't matter if they change ur edd or not...if u are further along then baby will come when it needs to. I do understand the csection fear though. I used to think I would be one of those women women who asked for one but the more I see them done on tv and so on it freaks me out!!! I think its the arms strapped down thingthat messes with me the most.

However, I have the exact opposite problem...they have changed my edd like 3 times throughout this pregnancy but my mom said stick to my instincts. Doctors keep swearing to her id be born in late feb. But she kept telling them...no more like feb 12th.. well I was born late night on Feb. 11th just a few hours away from feb 12th so...mommy was right!!!
July 22nd, 2010, 08:09 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I bet it's the same situation as with Ryder. Try not to worry about it! But, yes, if the docs are super concerned about his size and you are adamant with them that you want to do this vaginally (given everything's well), perhaps they'd induce you about a week ahead. I know many hospitals don't allow for "elective" inductions before 39 weeks, but if she's looking to be record-setting in the size department, they may deem that medically necessary to induce at 38 weeks or even 37 (?)

Not sure how induction happy or c-sec happy army hospitals are, but that's the direction I'd discuss with your doc to see what your options are

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
July 22nd, 2010, 08:16 PM
dani.'s Avatar [ missing my soldier ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSgt_Wifey_USMC View Post
when ryder was born he was 8lbs 2oz when i was pregnant with him the docs were trying to tell me he was a 10+lbs.

you'd think with this being my 2nd pregnancy i wouldn't be so paniky(sp.?) huh? lol
See - that is hopeful! I'm sure everything will be fine. And I think it's perfectly normal to be nervous with every pregnancy - that's our job, lol!

mommy to
dakota [05.03.06] & dash [08.24.10]

July 22nd, 2010, 09:07 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
(((Hugs))) The docs will monitor her and won't let her get too big. We just talked about c-sections and BF at tonight's childbirth class -- and we were assured that you can BF after a c/section.
July 23rd, 2010, 04:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hugs Carolyn.. Let's just hope that the doctors are wrong about the size. After all I have heard about big babies delivered naturally.

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
July 23rd, 2010, 05:42 AM
SSgt_Wifey_USMC
i've seen on that baby delivery shows a woman giving birth vaginally to a 10lber i was like oooh her poor hooha lol now here i am just jinxed myself lol i honestly would be shocked if i make it to sept. 6th, Chris is betting on Aug. 18th. idk why which is odd because he's guessed on the money when we were waiting for a 20w u/s to find out. its so weird how guys knows these things. lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search