OB Appointment and other stuff

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 22nd, 2010, 02:43 PM
Castaway
Had an appointment today, I go every 2 weeks now. Everything seemed fine. I asked him to change the c section date and he went on about how he cannot make it before 39 weeks so the 6th is out, he said they have gotten really strict about scheduled c sections now, I told him how I felt about that particular day so he has switched it to the weekend, Sat Sept 11th Nash will be born UNLESS the hospital says no because he usually only does surgery on Monday's. So for now it's Sept 11th.

I have been having terrible pain through my ribs, back, legs, sciatic, to the point I want to throw up, this happens EVERY DAY if I walk for anymore then 10 minutes or sit up for short periods of time etc. So he approved me to take the Tylenol 3 for the pain like I had for those horrible migraines. I guess I should feel lucky, when I had this type of pain with my girls it was from 3 months on. With Levon I got away with nothing but now it's back full tilt.

I gained 3 lbs, yeah in just 2 weeks, usually it's monthly. I blame that entire chocolate cake I ate. Wasn't my fault it was so yummy. So for the next two weeks I am going to be extra good about what I eat. lol

Blood pressure is good, Nash's heart beat is good. Moving all over, measuring on track.

He forgot about the rogham shot, I guess it was a good thing I mentioned it, so I had to go to the hospital and have blood work done AGAIN, then I have to go back tomorrow and have a huge needle stuck in my butt. Oh the joys!

July 22nd, 2010, 02:54 PM
VeronicaBride's Avatar Jen
Glad they were able to change your c-sec date to something that works better for you. Sounds like a good appt overall. Good Luck tomorrow. lol

July 22nd, 2010, 03:11 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Fingers crossed that the new c-section date is okay with the hospital so you can keep it! Glad it was a generally good appointment, though I'm sorry about the pain. I've been having major hip/lower back issues, and it sucks! Though I'm glad that he approved something to help the pain. And I'm sorry about the giant needle in your butt, even though it's necessary, it doesn't sound pleasant!

July 22nd, 2010, 03:13 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i'm glad they could change your c-section date - sorry they couldn't make it sooner tho. I'm sorry about the pain you're in to GL tomorrow - happy butt shot!
July 22nd, 2010, 05:21 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Here's to hoping Nash stays put til that c-sec date comes up AND the hospital approves it! What if he decides he wants out earlier than the 6th? Or between the 7th and the 10th? Will they still do a c-sec then, just not "scheduled"?

Glad everything's looking good, but I'm sorry about all the pain I hope those T3's work wonders and you can manage til Nash is here! It's gotta be hard with everything going on and Levon running around.

How are you sleeping now with the new locks and such? Hopefully, you are able to get some peaceful rest going...

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
July 22nd, 2010, 05:27 PM
~Tiffany~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope you feel better! Glad everything is good with Nash!
July 22nd, 2010, 09:15 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Glad to see everything is alright with Baby Nash! Good luck tomorrow!
July 23rd, 2010, 08:17 AM
Castaway
The pain is actually worse then a contraction. IMO anyways, I mean I can breathe through a contraction and you atleast get a little break in between them, this pain though is constant, throbbing pain, all up and down my right side, espesh in my rib cage it feels like burning or a stinging sensation, I usually have to raise my arm above my head to alleviate some of the pressure, even if it's only temporary. Then I have the pain throughout my back and butt are that throbs as well and it travels into my hips.

I was saying yesterday that I had this with my first 2 pregnancies and it was really bad but I don't remember it being THIS painful, then again I'm older now and I also have Fibro now.

Yesterday I took 2 T3's and it did NOTHING. I also swell in my ribcage area when it happens, everything becomes extremely tender. I just cried and cried last night, which was surprising to me because up until now it's been too painful to even do that!

I've been laying in bed all morning, it's a crappy rainy day out. I'm sure when I get up though and move around it will start again though, it usually starts after sitting up straight or walking for 10-15 minutes.

I actually hope I make it to that c section date. I mean my body has never known how to go into labor before so I just kinda shrugged it off before but lately I have been having this nagging feeling that it's gonna be different this time although I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't either. I just don't want to deal with an emergency c section cause if I actually went into labor on my own before the section date I would have to get to a hospital ASAP, then those jerks would let me labor anyways KNOWING it would end up in an emergency c section.

July 23rd, 2010, 08:39 AM
The Heather's Avatar Jedi Master of Piffleness
I hope the Tylenol 3 helps with your pain. It sounds like you had a good appointment overall and I'm glad your doctor was able to change your c-section date.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search