Contractions.....What would you do???

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 22nd, 2010, 03:38 PM
Kayla0308's Avatar Veteran
So i know this is so bad...Trust me i've heard it from SO and my mom for the last 4 days!

Donno if this has anythign to do with it, but on Saturday night and Sunday morning SO and i dtd.

Monday AS soon as i stood up out of bed i started having contractions. They hurt...But not horrible i guess. I was thinking about going to the hospital that night, but wanted to wait it out and see what happed. So i went to bed and they went away....So now on to Tuesday morning i woke up again and the second i sit up they start all over again....(apparently i'm not gonna get a break). On Tuesday they hurt just as much as Monday, but they went away by 230pm, So i didnt worry about it...again.

Wednesday - No contractions at all----Man it was an amazing day no pain and i wasn't so tired all day (like monday and tuesday)

So today! UGH!!!! Its becoming a pattern apparently. I wake up and got in the shower....as soon as i get out **** contractions start all over again! But today HORRIBLE PAIN!!!!! Like pain where i'm having to breath through them because they hurt so bad. I'm getting goosebumps - not sure why but i figure its because of the pain. I get my lunch and go home to relax Still getting them while i'm sleeping on my lunch. I didn't have any since noon....then i get home....omg they start again...I've only had one since i've been home and i've only been home for about 30 min.

Okay now that you know the story...What would you girls do? I dont wanna go to the hospital when i'm not having the pains because...well i dont want the nurses to be like "omg this girl is crazy she's not having contractions" Now the pain...Is it contractions? My WHOLE stomach from under my boobs to my "girly" parts lol hurts when this happens, its a horrible pain! What do you think is going on with me?

Mark and Kayla
Jasmine-7, Eamon-4, Zaylee-1
July 22nd, 2010, 03:48 PM
dani.'s Avatar [ missing my soldier ]
If your OB's office is still open, I'd call them and see what they want you to do. If they are closed and there is an emergency nurse for your OB's office, I'd call and see if she can get a hold of the OB. If neither work, I'd go into L&D - they won't think you're crazy! If the contractions are hurting and you are having several an hr, it's worth getting checked out.

I went in a month or so ago for contractions and they stopped as soon as I got in the car - I would have said forget it, but my OB put in orders for me so I knew he had tests waiting.

Good luck & I hope it's nothing serious and the pain goes away!!

mommy to
dakota [05.03.06] & dash [08.24.10]

July 22nd, 2010, 03:50 PM
mamato4boys's Avatar Daleen
This site might help. Braxton Hicks Contractions or True Labor?
It is really hard to tell the difference I have found this site helpful..Some braxton hicks contractions can sometimes be just as bad as the real thing. If you are worried see if you can get in to your doc or call your doc's office after hours. And if you feel that you have to go in to the hospital they won't think your crazy. It is better to be safe and have it checked. KUP

THANK YOU BAM FOR MY AWESOME SIGGY
Always Remembering Otis, Evan Navarro, Riley, and Patrick
~September 2010 DDC's Perfect Angels~
July 22nd, 2010, 03:59 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
If you're worried...go in! Like the pp said, better to be safe! And you definitely wouldn't be the first person to go in after the contractions stopped or for BH contractions. If you aren't overly worried, then I'd wait and call your OB in the morning and see what they recommend. Or if the contractions start back up, go in while they are in full swing.

July 22nd, 2010, 03:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How far apart are they happening?
July 22nd, 2010, 04:02 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
GO IN! If they hurt that bad you really really should go in. They've told me to go in if i have more than 6 contractions in an hour whether they hurt or not - if i'm having painful contractions no matter the number to go in. It's better to be safe. Even if it's nothing it's good to make sure it's nothing and the nurses understand that. I've gone in a few times for spotting and light cramps - and i always appologize for being crazy and every time they tell me it's better to be safe and get checked out.
July 22nd, 2010, 04:03 PM
Kayla0308's Avatar Veteran
This morning they were about 5-9 min apart, but since then its just one here and one there. I called my dr on tuesday when iwas having them and all they said was "we dont see anyone untill the contractions are 5 min apart" Knowing that i'm only 31 weeks pregnant they still didnt wanna see me.

Thank you for the website link, i'm gonna go check it out now. As for being worried i'm really not, the pain is bad when i have them but i dont feel like anything is wrong with me or Zaylee, She's still moving all over the place.

Mark and Kayla
Jasmine-7, Eamon-4, Zaylee-1
July 22nd, 2010, 04:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think you should go to the hospital or see someone who is there for you and get checked. Sooner you get checked sooner you will find out if you are ok. For all we know you could be in pre-term labor and this is not what you want right now. I have been having real contractions, according to my doctor, because I have dilated, and I had no pain what so ever. The fact that you are having pains is making it worrisome.

Take it easy and go in asap. Try not to worry, just be careful. It is all about keeping your baby baking.

Hugs hun. I am sorry if I sound a bit straight forward.. I got a reality check yesterday when I was put on bed rest and I have been feeling fine - completely fine this whole pregnancy.

*** I just read your update.. I cannot believe your doctor told you that they won't see anyone till it is 5 min apart. That is way to late to be seen... that is time to have a baby and it is too early at 31 weeks. Please keep us updated.

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.

Last edited by Kumii; July 22nd, 2010 at 04:49 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search