Boo - 3hr Glucose Test.

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 22nd, 2010, 08:21 PM
dani.'s Avatar [ missing my soldier ]
I went to the OB yesterday & there's still sugar in my urine. The OB said this can be normal, but since I had problems with GD DD [borderline - controlled it with diet] and a history of diabetes with in my family, he wants me to come in and take the 3hr test.

I have to fast - no eating after midnight. I hope I don't forget to bring a snack for after the test...I remember how awful I felt after the test with DD.

On the bright side, with DH [hopefully] being in town, I figured this would be a perfect visit for him to go to [to make up for other missed visits]. I'll go in, have my blood drawn, drink the drink, go to have the ultrasound, then wait until the testing is done.

Hopefully everything is normal & my body is just passing sugar through the kidneys...if not, that's okay, too - I've done the diet before and I can do it again.

Oh yeah - this may be a dumb question, but I can still have fluids, right? Water? I forgot to ask [I didn't have to fast with DD].

Thanks for reading!

mommy to
dakota [05.03.06] & dash [08.24.10]

July 22nd, 2010, 08:26 PM
ardisbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just had mine this morning and was a little confused about how early fasting was supposed to start and whether I could have water, I was informed when I got there that water up until two hours before is fine!
Good luck, glad you get to have your hubby there. Mine came too and it made the time go by much faster.

July 22nd, 2010, 08:27 PM
Renwick2002's Avatar Veteran
As long as they allow you to leave during the 3 hours. I was allowed a bathroom trip and that was it. I had to stay nearby so they knew I wasn't trying to mess up the test with exercise, etc... LOL

I was allowed water and did fasting for 9-12 hours.
July 22nd, 2010, 08:29 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I was able to drink water throughout, but (and this is a direct quote) "just not a lot" ... ha ha. Well, a lot for one person may not be a lot for me, so I just drank when I was thirsty and I didn't worry about it.

Good luck! Don't forget that snack!!!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
July 22nd, 2010, 08:33 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
Bummer about the sugar in your urine Hopefully you don't have GD, but if you do, it sounds like you are pretty confident on how to manage it which is AWESOME!
Hopefully DH will be there to keep you company for the three hours! But I bet it will go by fast, since you'll be having an ultrasound!

When I went in for my one hour I was told to fast, but they didn't mention fluids, so I just didn't have ANYTHING after midnight. DEFINITELY remember a snack for afterward though!!

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
July 22nd, 2010, 08:33 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Good luck! I was allowed to drink water after midnight and throughout the 3 hour test (although I "nursed" a small bottle of water then and only drank when I felt queasy).
July 22nd, 2010, 08:38 PM
klsfl10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've got mine next week so I'm glad you asked about the water and good luck!!

July 23rd, 2010, 06:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
At least you know you should be able to control it if you do have it. Sorry you have to go through the test though. At least your DH should be with you.
July 23rd, 2010, 06:46 AM
MonkeyBugMommy's Avatar Brooke
Send a message via Yahoo to MonkeyBugMommy
I hope he will be there with you! I had DH and DD with me. Boy, was that fun! They were fighting over the one coloring book that I brought while I was trying not to throw up.

I was told that I could "sip" water during the test, but I was so nauseous that I didn't want to. I also fasted for 12+ hours because we ended up getting there and starting the test later than we had planned, so by the time the test was done and I was able to get food, I hadn't eaten in about 17 hours! Definitely take a snack with you so that you can eat right away!

Good luck!
July 23rd, 2010, 06:56 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you have to do the 3 hour - but YEAY for your DH being here by then! Yes, you can drink water still. GL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
July 23rd, 2010, 01:38 PM
The Heather's Avatar Jedi Master of Piffleness
Bummer for the sugar in your urine. I hope you pass the 3 hour test!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search