Appointment and trip to L&D

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2010, 05:50 AM
C&J's Mom's Avatar Stacy
Rewind to Wednesday evening. We are dog sitting my in laws basset hound while they are gone. He is not quite a year old and needs to be on a leash when he goes out because he takes off (we live in the country). I brought him out Wednesday night to go potty and when I came in I unhooked his leash and he turned around and ran right out the door. Instinct was to run after him so I did. Ran down the steps and had to bend over and grab him and hold on to his collar to get him back in the house. After I did this, I didn't feel well. I started cramping and was sore. I had a dr. appt scheduled for Thursday so I decided that I would wait till then unless I started bleeding or something. All day yesterday I maybe felt him move twice. I was starting to get really worried. Went to my appointment in the afternoon and talked to the doc about it. She checked the heartbeat which was good, but she was concerned about the lack of movement as well so she sent me over to l&d for an NST. Got hooked up to the monitors for about 45 minutes and I had to chug a glass of ice water to get him moving after 20 minutes of nothing. But once he did start moving he wanted those monitors off! He was kicking them so hard! So baby is perfect and I feel better knowing! She did say though that she is not convinced that baby is head down though and will hopefully be able to tell at my next appointment.

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!
July 23rd, 2010, 06:17 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
I'm sorry you were in so much discomfort, but I'm glad to see that everything is alright! I have to take my Yorkie out on a leash every time we go outside -- even though she's almost blind, she will take off (yesterday she tried to "charge" the garbage can across the street!).
July 23rd, 2010, 06:20 AM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
I'm glad you are okay! I know we're not supposed to DO ANYTHING but come on, what would anyone have done if the dog took off? Unfortunately, right now ANYTHING makes us feel like crap. I moved a couch the other day and that was it...end of that day for me.
July 23rd, 2010, 06:53 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i'm sorry for the pain and the scare! I'm glad your ob sent you in to check on baby - just for peace of mind if nothing else it's worth it. I'm sooooo glad you and baby are ok!!!
July 23rd, 2010, 07:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
You had some real worries going on. It is great that your doctor followed up and sent you to l&d. I am glad to hear that your baby is doing well... i guess he was having his calm days..

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
July 23rd, 2010, 07:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad everything turned out ok!

July 23rd, 2010, 07:35 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I know what you mean by instinct kicking in, Stacey When we were in SD, someone didn't lock the sliding glass door and I turned around and it was WIDE OPEN and I panicked, so went outside and saw DD about 1/2 block down the back yard (shared condos, open area) and I FREAKED and chased after her, well... she thought this was a fun game to see this mama elephant chase after her, a little gazelle! Needless to say, when I started yelling at her, she thought otherwise to take another step.

I was SORE afterwards.

Pregnant women should not be chasing ANYTHING.

So glad the news from the NST was good. I am also a bit concerned about breech position, so let's both hope these babies turn for us and keep that worry away!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
July 23rd, 2010, 01:35 PM
The Heather's Avatar Jedi Master of Piffleness
I'm glad everything with you and baby are okay!

July 23rd, 2010, 02:30 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Glad that everything was okay and that the NST looked good, too! Last night, I laid down in bed wrong and something in my stomach gave me a quick shooting pain. I spent all night paranoid I did something horrible, and even today, keep wanting him to move to reassure me

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search