I am seriously going to cry.

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2010, 12:53 PM
lizzy27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
As a general rule I try really hard not to complain during pregnancy but OMG I am having sciatica pain REALLY bad for the first time ever. At first I thought I pulled a muscle, but it is wayyyy too painful for that. After some googling I have diagnosed myself with sciatica. Is anyone else experiencing this? You think since I've been pregnant three times I've experienced it all but nope! My doc isn't in today, and I'm not sure that she can help me anyway, since I'm in another state, but as soon as I get home I'm absolutely calling her.

I'm on vaca right now with DH's mom's side, we're doing a mini family reunion and my inlaws are driving me up. the. wall. My MIL seriously hates me, she never lets me talk. I'm not even exaggerating. I start talking about something and she interrupts, talks over me, etc. I try to discipline or parent my kids, she butts in, takes over, or does something completely different from what I was trying to do with them. I'm really getting upset about it.

My kids are uber overtired and not behaving well, and now I can barely walk, or bend over, and even have trouble in some sitting positions. Just WONDERFUL!

Thanks for letting me vent. *sigh*

July 23rd, 2010, 01:04 PM
~Lindsay~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ugh, im sorry girl. I am pretty sure sciatica is really common in pregnancy. I would call your dr when you get back if it continues. And screw your MIL. Start talking over her....lol!

July 23rd, 2010, 01:11 PM
Cibershay's Avatar Super Mommy
My favorite trick to do when people talk over me is to just give them a blank stare and then when they are done talking or even better ask you a question have a long pause with the blank stare. If they question you further, like....are you ok? say "yes, I just want to make sure you are done so you don't talk over me again". A few times of that....gets the point across without the big conversation easily.

July 23rd, 2010, 01:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
ugh so sorry about your MIL. we took one "vacation" - if you can call it that - w/ DH's family.....it will NOT happen again!!

you are not alone w/ the sciatica pain. i didn't have any problems with it last time, but it started around 7 weeks this time. i actually talked to my midwife about it at my last appt a couple of weeks ago. she said that's definately what it is & that she's sorry. i asked her if she had any tips or anything to relieve it. basically she said i could try to talk to a chiroprator if it's unbearable. majority of the time it's ok but i have some moments where i am in tears and can't even walk (and sometimes it's in between the two). and it can change in a matter of seconds, like if baby moves or something.

July 23rd, 2010, 02:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ive got no advice for you really, but just wanted to say im so sorry your in this much pain and i hope you feel alot better soon!!

[/url]
July 23rd, 2010, 02:09 PM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
I have it occasionally. I am sorry you are going through this and when you aren't at home anyways and with you MIL acting that way. Lots of hugs.

Possible treatments I have read about are: A heating pad, a warm tub, stretches, or just some self-imposed bed rest can help with the discomfort. You can even try some Tylenol. I have heard that people that have it really bad are only able to manage it with a chiropractor. Good Luck!

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

July 23rd, 2010, 02:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry about you having so much pain. DH's cousin had sciatica pain really bad during her last pregnancy. She said she wouldn't wish it upon her worst enemy. I agree with Tenille, maybe a chiropractor would help? The hot pad that Christina suggested sounds like a good idea too.

I hope you are able to find some relief soon. Can you pop in a movie for your little ones while you get some rest? Olivia always acts whinier when I'm not feeling good and just want to rest so I just pop in an Elmo DVD and it seems to distract her for a little while. Hope you feel better soon.
July 23rd, 2010, 03:41 PM
mommy*tired's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ugh! sorry girl! Hope you feel better soon. I can totally relate on the MIL. I would be in H-E-double L if I were trapped with her somewhere!!
July 23rd, 2010, 03:47 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So sorry you are miserable in more than one way! I don't know how I would react if any of the grandparents tried to step in while I was trying to discipline. I have a strong personality and would probably tell them my thoughts.

Hope you feel better soon.

kat.
July 23rd, 2010, 05:55 PM
mom2myJo's's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry you have pain in more than one way...you want us to take care of your MIL.....LOL J/k...
July 23rd, 2010, 08:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have never had sciatica but it sound AWFUL! I hope you are able to find relief somehow (from your back pain and the MIL pain).
July 23rd, 2010, 08:31 PM
lizzy27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks so much, girls! The pain was mostly bearable today. Just tried to take it easy a bit. The reunion also went well, MIL and FIL were occupied talking to other relatives, so they weren't a problem either! I'm feeling better emotionally too, thanks so much for the kind words!

July 24th, 2010, 09:01 AM
martilynne's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search