BTDT Moms...Nursing Covers

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2010, 02:09 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Did you have one? And did you use it?

Uddercovers.com has a promotion for a free nursing cover is you pay shipping with the promotion code Family2010. Shipping is $9.95, which isn't bad, but I hate to order it (and risk that it's just a scam!) and spend even that much if I'm never going to use it. What do you ladies think?

July 23rd, 2010, 02:14 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I didn't have one for DD, but I ordered one (with the free, just pay s+h offer) and it looks good enough for me! I know a few women who have them and love them.

They are pretty simple, though, so if I paid the $30 or whatever they want for them, I'd be pretty disappointed. But just for the cost of shipping, I think it's a great buy and I've got mine ready to go so I can nurse a little more in public without being so conscious of my huge jugs (since I can't hide them well) getting a few peeks from passerby's or wait staff or whomever is around when baby's hungry!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
July 23rd, 2010, 02:19 PM
Thanks, Gwynne! I went ahead and ordered it. I figure it's probably better to have if I need it/use it, and $10 is a really good price! I'll spend $10 on a movie ticket or dinner without blinking

July 23rd, 2010, 02:20 PM
Frangipani's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Let us know if you get it. I read about this a few months back but the ladies said it was a scam (with one or two ppl saying it wasn't). It seemed great though!
July 23rd, 2010, 02:24 PM
I used PayPal to order it. I got a confirmation e-mail from PayPal and from the site right away, and a confirmation number from the site. I've read in the past that it might be a scam, but I've heard about lots of mamas actually receiving them. Plus, PayPal is usually really good about reversing payments when good were never received, and it's harder to hack then giving them my credit card information...wish me luck! I'll let you know if I receive it!

July 23rd, 2010, 02:25 PM
The Heather's Avatar Jedi Master of Piffleness
I never used one with my DD. I just used a receiving blanket. However, if you can get one inexpensively, go for it!

July 23rd, 2010, 02:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I usually avoided NIP, but if I had to, I just tossed a blanket over my shoulder/baby.
July 23rd, 2010, 02:48 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
Ditto! I'll be using a blanket too.

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
July 23rd, 2010, 02:48 PM
~Constance~
No I never used one or plan to use one. I don't feel that breastfeeding is something I need to hide from the world and I want to see my baby and have my baby able to see me while nursing.
July 23rd, 2010, 03:43 PM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
my friend and i both ordered one and it came quickly! it is not the most expensive cover up (my other friend has a much more stubstatial one) but for 10 bucks i thought it was worth a try
July 23rd, 2010, 03:54 PM
ginnkneephur's Avatar Rainbows and Sunshine
There was a time when people weren't getting them because they were backordered. I need to get around to ordering mine.

July 23rd, 2010, 04:06 PM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabbagepatch View Post
No I never used one or plan to use one. I don't feel that breastfeeding is something I need to hide from the world and I want to see my baby and have my baby able to see me while nursing.
Ditto!

I wear Bravado nursing tanks, and they are AWESOME! Supportive, cute, comfortable, and they do a great job at keeping your mid drift covered while in public!

Other than that, IF I felt uncomfortable in the group I was in for some reason, I used my ring sling (not with the baby in it, just as a cover)

July 23rd, 2010, 04:27 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
no i did't have one with DS - i just wore nursing shirts and if i felt like i needed to cover up or wanted to i just used the burp cloth - b/c i live in Arizona, it can be a little hot for a nursing cover. I think it's totally a preference thing - i know lots of mama's who use them and love them! If it weren't so hot here i probably would to

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search