Am I the only one secretly hoping for an early birth?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2010, 03:41 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am just so uncomftorable all the time. Day and night. I'm not a patient person initially and I'm just so anxious to have baby here already. I cannot wait!! I secretly pray and hope every single day that baby comes like 1-3 weeks early. I'd be thrilled. I want him to be "full-term" and healthy, but I'm getting sooooo impatient!! I really do not want to go past my DD but I have a feeling I will. Am I the only one feeling this way?

July 23rd, 2010, 03:45 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
NO WAY GIRL! You are so not the only one!!!!! I would love if bubs came 1-3 weeks early- healthy and all of course I just KNOW I am going to go over my due date, so I am going to try those natural "jump start" methods for natural "induction" like 4 weeks early! Lunges, squats, DTD, long walks, even castor oil if it comes down to it

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]
forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
July 23rd, 2010, 03:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Add me to the list. I think it's hard for those of us due at the end of the month-it just seems like we have FOREVER to go compared to the ladies due earlier in the month.

I'm not too uncomforable or anything, but I'm excited for baby to be here. My boys were 5 days late and 2 days early, so my guess is I'll deliver really close to my DD, but I wouldn't mind a week or so earlier than that.
July 23rd, 2010, 04:05 PM
Yes, I agree. It seems like a longer wait almost since we're all due towards the end of the month. I feel like I'm playing catch up to everyone.

July 23rd, 2010, 04:16 PM
Veteran
Add me to the list also, I'm really hoping he'll come early. I of course want him to be full term and healthy, so I would love for him to come out at 37 weeks. Thats only 4 weeks from today. I cannot wait to see him and hold him. My DD was 21 days early, which was considered full term, and she was healthy. I'm hoping the same for this baby.

July 23rd, 2010, 04:18 PM
klsfl10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so there. My doctor was telling DBF today "now soon she'll reach the point where she's tired of being pregnant" I was like "ummm I'm there now!". I want Logan to be completely healthy, but I'm also so ready for all these medical problems to be over and my baby to be here!

July 23rd, 2010, 04:21 PM
Frangipani's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
*raises hand*

definitely would love for him to come around 37-38 weeks. I don't have a lot of maternity leave so if he came early, I'd get more time with him.
July 23rd, 2010, 04:24 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You are NOT alone!!!! I'm sorry you're so uncomfortable You're almost there mama!
July 23rd, 2010, 04:26 PM
So glad I'm not alone!!
I have a question: Does how your belly measures at your OB appointment have anything to do with when baby may come?
For example my whole pregnancy I've measured 1 week ahead. Does this mean I have a better chance of going into labor say 1 week early? (LOL, wishful thinking here!)

July 23rd, 2010, 04:27 PM
The Heather's Avatar Jedi Master of Piffleness
I'm very much looking forward to having my baby. The earlier the better, as long as he is ready and healthy. August 10th is when I hit 37 weeks, so anytime soon after that would be great!

July 23rd, 2010, 04:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memi View Post
So glad I'm not alone!!
I have a question: Does how your belly measures at your OB appointment have anything to do with when baby may come?
For example my whole pregnancy I've measured 1 week ahead. Does this mean I have a better chance of going into labor say 1 week early? (LOL, wishful thinking here!)
Sorry, no luck with that.
July 23rd, 2010, 04:33 PM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
i don't think measuring ahead means youwill go early as much as that it might be a little bigger when born... i am not 100% sure though

i want to go early too!!!! i want a healthy 1=3 weeks early.... only hesitation on my part is that my son came at 38.4weeks and he had to spend 5 days in the nicu.... so hopefully i have a healthy baby this time.... but early is good cus Logan was 7 pounds 12 oz 10 days early!

i don't want to know how big he would have been at 42 weeks!!!
July 23rd, 2010, 04:34 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memi View Post
So glad I'm not alone!!
LOL I dont think so and I sure hope not!! I have been measuring 2 weeks behind!!!!!!

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]
forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
July 23rd, 2010, 05:02 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I don't think the measurement of the belly has to do with predicting birth, but for those who are measuring slightly ahead, wouldn't that be nice? Sometimes, you measure ahead because of the amniotic fluid levels, the position of the baby, a slightly larger baby and so forth

I'm telling Kellen he is coming Labor Day weekend!!! My doc has bets on it and it's only a week early. I have TOO MUCH to do to go any earlier than that, and my mom is coming up to help and it's a 10 hour drive, so he better not come earlier! That weekend would be optimal, as DH has through Monday off (he may take off some time here or there) and my mom can drive up and so forth...

Sorry for the book, but I keep telling Kellen he needs to come just a week early, not even a week, 5-6 days!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
July 23rd, 2010, 05:10 PM
MommyKent910's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thats funny. Im with you guys! Hayden has also been told he needs to come Labor Day weekend also. Only a week early!! If he wants to come earlier(by a week or so) that would be awesome too
July 23rd, 2010, 05:17 PM
ardisbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Totally! I talk about it all the time, wouldn't want her to come TOO early, but healthy and ready to come early would be fantastic. Mostly I just want to meet her, but I do also think about me getting bigger and the baby getting bigger if we pass 40-that can only make for a more uncomfortable birth I would imagine!

July 23rd, 2010, 05:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I wanted to go to full term until I was put on bed rest. Now I know there is a real chance I end up with an early (hopefully not pre-term) labor. I just want to meet my little guy! I would like him to wait till I am about 37 weeks so I have one week to prepare his room. I will be off bed rest once I hit 36. So, once again.. you are not alone!

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
July 23rd, 2010, 05:49 PM
*MomofO&Nat*'s Avatar Kelly, Massachusetts Mama
Anytime after 37 weeks is fine with me!!
Natalie Laura (9/14/10)
Harrison Dean (2/22/13)
Proud Member of the September 2010 Playroom

July 23rd, 2010, 05:59 PM
mothra's Avatar Martha
Oi I'm definitely hoping to go earlier than expected!! My hubby has this new job where he's gone for 3 weeks at a time, then home for 3 weeks - his schedule at the moment has him coming home Sept 8th then leaving again on the 29th As soon as he gets home in Sept I'm doing whatever it takes to get this baby out! Jumping jacks, hiking, you name it...it's ON at that point!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search