Holy Stinkin' Moly!!!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2010, 06:20 PM
~SavedbyGrace~'s Avatar ~Nichole~
So, I'm googling trying to figure out what position Grace is in and came across this website. Thought the info was pretty interesting, not sure how accurate it is.

BUT, I clicked on the video for the "quickening" and WOW!!!! I can hardly believe it! Does anyone else's little one cause this much movement to be visible from the outside? I'm like in shock!! Pretty cool and unbelievable at the same time!!

8 Ways To Determine Your Baby's Position In The Womb Right Now - The Fun Times Guide to Pregnancy

check that video out!!!
July 23rd, 2010, 06:29 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Wow!!! She must either be reallllly tiny and he has nowhere else to go, or she's almost ready to pop!!! Amazing. My DH was enthralled and can't wait til we can see a bit more pronounced movement like this so Kensley can see it without focusing for too long (toddler attention span, you know)!!!

I love this, it gives me hope because according to this:

If you feel a lump near the top of your belly (usually on one side or the other) push lightly on it. Then:

If you feel the whole baby move, he or she is most likely head down, meaning you pushed on the baby's bottom

and this...

If you feel your baby's hiccups lower in your belly, then the baby is head down

We have a vertex baby, but not sure which way he's facing! (but most of the time, they turn at the very end to the right way to face for delivery, so I'm not that concerned about it).

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
July 23rd, 2010, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbirds View Post
Wow!!! She must either be reallllly tiny and he has nowhere else to go, or she's almost ready to pop!!! Amazing. My DH was enthralled and can't wait til we can see a bit more pronounced movement like this so Kensley can see it without focusing for too long (toddler attention span, you know)!!!

I love this, it gives me hope because according to this:

If you feel a lump near the top of your belly (usually on one side or the other) push lightly on it. Then:

If you feel the whole baby move, he or she is most likely head down, meaning you pushed on the baby's bottom

and this...

If you feel your baby's hiccups lower in your belly, then the baby is head down

We have a vertex baby, but not sure which way he's facing! (but most of the time, they turn at the very end to the right way to face for delivery, so I'm not that concerned about it).
Yes, I thought you would like that as well!! I'm liking those two things too........I feel hiccups down low, like tapping on my girly parts, and when i press on the ball, it moves the whole baby! Yayy for us!!
July 23rd, 2010, 06:31 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
This is very cool! My baby is head up and head down =)
July 23rd, 2010, 06:34 PM
Angela~

Yes, I was both as well! But I'm choosing to ignore my abdominal/rib pain for the purpose of making this baby head down! haha.. Not sure why I even care since I'm having a c/section! lol!!
July 23rd, 2010, 06:55 PM
klsfl10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikaboli View Post
But I'm choosing to ignore my abdominal/rib pain for the purpose of making this baby head down! haha.
That's what I'm doing, lol. Everything else fits him being head down (heartbeat down low and kicks above belly button) but I do have the abdominal and rib pain.

July 23rd, 2010, 07:00 PM
J9+J+C=Complete's Avatar Charlotte & Jacob's Mommy
Baby is head down (can push her bottom and her whole body moves). Scarily enough, my belly DOES move like that video and it HURTS. I am very short (5 foot) so I'm guessing that's why I see movements like that. I can literally see an entire length of her shin or arm roll across my tummy. I have a wild woman inside my belly!!! COMPLETE opposite of the gentle bumps Jacob gave.
July 23rd, 2010, 07:20 PM
mamato4boys's Avatar Daleen
My belly moves like that as well. I'm thinking he is face up..but head down. My older boys love to watch peanut move around.

THANK YOU BAM FOR MY AWESOME SIGGY
Always Remembering Otis, Evan Navarro, Riley, and Patrick
~September 2010 DDC's Perfect Angels~
July 23rd, 2010, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanine View Post
Baby is head down (can push her bottom and her whole body moves). Scarily enough, my belly DOES move like that video and it HURTS. I am very short (5 foot) so I'm guessing that's why I see movements like that. I can literally see an entire length of her shin or arm roll across my tummy. I have a wild woman inside my belly!!! COMPLETE opposite of the gentle bumps Jacob gave.
That is amazing and I am sooo jealous!!
July 23rd, 2010, 09:38 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Neat info! Right now, baby is head down with the back of his head stuck into my right hip. Probably sucking on his toes, and they are down there too

July 24th, 2010, 06:08 AM
Gemum
Hahaha, I saw this site a few weeks ago. I get movements like that, again, It's cause I'm so small (barely 5ft) and my skin so stretchy. I can sometimes grab a limb
July 24th, 2010, 06:44 AM
Daphinae's Avatar Sande
Roan is wiggly too, but maybe not quite as pronounced as the movements she was getting. He is head down, anterior (so "perfect" birthing position) but he likes to dig his toes into my right side above belly button and then wiggle his butt around. He'll stretch and my whole belly will distort from his normal round baby bump to really oddly misshapen. Then he'll settle back down.

July 24th, 2010, 06:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpixiepuff View Post
Hahaha, I saw this site a few weeks ago. I get movements like that, again, It's cause I'm so small (barely 5ft) and my skin so stretchy. I can sometimes grab a limb

Lol Gemma.. you seem to be having a lot of fun!

My baby is head down (confirmed by my doctor), I also know his back is on my right side and his little behind is on the left. Now I cannot wait to see a foot or a hand stick out

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
July 24th, 2010, 08:25 AM
Boo, i had a little ball on my left side in the middle of the night.......very new position for her. So I gave it a little push, and I could feel her whole body move, like never before. I'm thinking it's been her head now up top because it feels completely different when I press on that. I've got to be driving this little girl crazy! haha
July 24th, 2010, 08:54 AM
~Constance~
My babies have all moved like that video, every day for hours on end. It's funny, weird, and often very uncomfortable but pretty cool! My ds and this one were 10X more crazy than dd though. This one has been moving like that since my early 20's weeks.
My babies were occiput(sunny side up)so their limbs were almost always front facing. Looks like I'm headed for another back labor.
July 24th, 2010, 09:39 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
wow - that baby is really close to the skin surface! Kaylee has her day's when she moves like that but she isn't THAT close to the surface.
July 24th, 2010, 10:03 AM
lexicon's Avatar formerly SarahRenee
My baby's head down and sunny side up according to that site but I already had a good feeling she was because my pains and movements are different this time around as opposed to Alex (Alex was head down facing my back so her butt was wedged under my ribs). I'm a little nervous about the impeding back labor but I had back labor with Alex and she was in optimal position so maybe I'll get lucky this time!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy!
July 24th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Gemum
Ohhh it's great fun He is head down and back out so perfect position, has been lying like that since around 24 weeks!! Stay like that little man!!!!
July 25th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Kenya's Avatar Expecting #2
Thats so weird! My belly does it too (I'm 4'11) and DH loves to watch her.. lol

But Olivia is head down...according to the Dr. But according to the website she's both.
@ 2:55pm

6lbs - 10.7oz, 20 1/4 in long

Team Blue for Baby 2! Due in April

July 25th, 2010, 11:07 PM
ScottishBrit's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ScottishBrit
Well that didn't help me at all! haha, This kid is everywhere! You'd think he'd be out of room already but I guess not!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search