Something weird happened last night....I threw up! In a weird way though.

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2010, 06:58 PM
missmich
So I was sleeping and in the middle of a dream and the dream sent me a message,but I can't remember it now. Something like "go do what you need to do" or something.

I woke up all of a sudden coughing like I'd choked on something. Every time I coughed it felt like fire or acid in my throat really burning me! I've never felt anything like that before ever in my life.

I took a sip of milk,b/c I had some in a glass in the fridge ready to go. It helped a bit.

I went to pee then started to cough again and then throw up!

The weird/gross part? It was curdled milk that came up! I'd had a big glass of chocolate milk earlier that day and it looked like my stomach had curdled it.

Any one have that happen before or know why it happened? Does heartburn do that to milk?
July 23rd, 2010, 07:06 PM
MotherFrog's Avatar lost in la la land
Sounds more like acid reflux hun. Can you get Prilosec or Tagamet to take on a daily basis?

July 23rd, 2010, 07:14 PM
missmich
It's only happened the one time. I'm a bit afraid of it happening tonight though. I didn't take my OTC heartburn medicine last night,maybe if I'd taken it that wouldn't have happened.

I'll talk to my doc though and see if I should take something for it.
July 23rd, 2010, 07:46 PM
::april.showers::'s Avatar April- Mama of 4
I will gag sometimes if I cough or brush my teeth, maybe the coughing plus the reflux was just too much on your tummy and gagging reflux. Definetely take your OTC before bed hope that never happens again!

Thank you GraysMama for another amazing siggy!
July 23rd, 2010, 08:37 PM
missmich
Yeah coughing has made me vomit in the earlier parts of my pregnancy. What was weird and a bit scary was how it woke me up all of a sudden and the burning fire feeling it gave me right before I threw up and the curdled milk.
July 23rd, 2010, 08:41 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
What did you have WITH you milk? I know a lot of times if you have milk and something acidic (like fruit or fruit juice), it can cause the milk to curdle in your stomach. I had a friend who had issues getting sick in the mornings, and her doctor told her it was from drinking orange juice and eating cereal with milk on it. The juice caused the milk to curdle in her stomach and made her sick.

July 23rd, 2010, 08:51 PM
missmich
I had chocolate syrup,that's it.
July 23rd, 2010, 09:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hugs.. Hoping it does not happen again. Drink some water instead of milk tonight.

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
July 23rd, 2010, 11:00 PM
dani.'s Avatar [ missing my soldier ]
I have done this, but curdled milk never came back up. Sometimes, I wake up in the middle of the night gasping for air because of the acid - so I try to sleep propped up & that helps. If it gets too bad & I have already taken my RX, I get a glass of milk. One time I drank TOO much milk [during my pregnancy with DD] & I threw it ALL back up + whatever I had that day instantly. Thank goodness that has not happened this time [with the milk], because I am really running out of options as far as controlling this heartburn goes.

What all did you eat that day? Maybe try to avoid that certain food to prevent it from happening again. With this pregnancy, every time I've thrown up due to acid is because of spicy/greasy food - so I cut back [and it was before I was prescribed an RX for heartburn].

Crossing my fingers that it does not happen again!

mommy to
dakota [05.03.06] & dash [08.24.10]

July 24th, 2010, 08:47 AM
missmich
I figured out what it was. Something on my "no no" list. I love to drink cold water with a bit of lemon juice. For a while I couldn't have it at all and thought it was ok now,but it isn't. I think that's what made it all so bad for me. That's what caused the fire!

So no more lemon water for me I guess.
July 24th, 2010, 08:56 AM
Dreamsinpink2010's Avatar expecting princess #2!!!
Send a message via AIM to Dreamsinpink2010 Send a message via MSN to Dreamsinpink2010
i have been doing this the past few days ( minus the milk and oj, i don't drink either) its been awful! i almost feel like i have morning sickness again. i can only eat mashed potatoes the past few days because of the getting sick and acid

4 wonderful and handsome princes's, 1 princess and 1 more princess on her way! Due September 9th 2010!!!
Lacey Faith Margaret Leilani- September 13th 2010 9:19am 6 pounds. 3 oz
TTC our 3rd pink bundle

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search