Kidney or lower back?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2010, 12:39 AM
dani.'s Avatar [ missing my soldier ]
Earlier today, I started getting a pain in my lower back - I don't know if it's back pain or if it's my kidney? It's on my right side & it feels like a throbbing pain. If it was my kidney, would it be tender to the touch? It has been going on since around 2pm - it'll go away and come back.

Thoughts?

mommy to
dakota [05.03.06] & dash [08.24.10]

July 24th, 2010, 07:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry, but I have no idea. Take a warm bath and do some stretching. If it is your back it should go away. I hope it goes away,,, Hugs

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
July 24th, 2010, 09:53 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My ob and the hospital has told me that if (when your preggo - since things move around) if your upper right of your belly hurts or your upper right belly and your back hurt to go in right away b/c of the possibility of the kidney. If it's really really hurting tho you may just want to give your doc a call. I hope you feel better!!!
July 24th, 2010, 11:34 AM
klsfl10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd call too but a couple weeks ago when I thought I had a kidney infection my doctor basically told me it would be tender to the touch and it was more off to the sides than midback. Mine was just to the right of the spine. But since an actual kidney issue can be a real problem I'd call if you have questions.

July 24th, 2010, 04:00 PM
lulumama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My nurse also told me when I was having a very similar sounding pain that if I was having kidney issues it would be REALLY tender to the touch, whereas with back pain like I was having, touch or gentle massage made it feel better.

Forever missing our baby boy, Otis Allen, born September 12, 2010 at 41 wks; left this world 36 hours later.

Blessed with our Maui Miracle - Owen Kekoa, born 9/19/11 at 35w3d!
July 24th, 2010, 10:36 PM
dani.'s Avatar [ missing my soldier ]
It wasn't tender to the touch - but it's been happening on & off - right now, I am fine...but, I had a really bad episode around noon. I think if it happens again - I am going to call the nurse or head to L&D.

Thanks for the replies! I really appreciate it!

mommy to
dakota [05.03.06] & dash [08.24.10]

July 25th, 2010, 07:52 AM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been having awful lower back pain only on the right side for weeks now (off and on, but more on than off LOL) during the day. I didn't even think about it being kidney issues. Ooops. Guess I'll bring that up at my next appointment.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search