Hospital Stay

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2010, 06:07 AM
TXErinC's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just asked the doc this yesterday.
If it's a normal, vaginal birth, I'll stay 2 mornings after the birth. A C-section would be 3-4 depending on how I'm doing.
July 24th, 2010, 06:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I've stayed 2 nights after delivery. By the time I leave, I am so ready to be at home, but it is nice to get the majority of the mess dealt with there.
July 24th, 2010, 06:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am hoping for no more than 2 days...

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
July 24th, 2010, 06:55 AM
Daphinae's Avatar Sande
same, 2 days. Finn ended up with jaundice because he was a slug about eating (he just wanted to sleep) -- so they kept him an extra day and they didn't need the room, so let me "room-in" and stay one more night so that I could keep feeding him every few hours, but otherwise they kept him in the nursery under the lights.

He looked so cute, all stretched out and warm like he was sun-bathing. Born in the middle of winter, and gets to sunbathe. so i hope we do a little better on feeding this time so Roan passes the meconium more quickly and doesn't get jaundice. But if he does, it's easy enough to remedy.

I should say too that DH's family has a history of a higher than usual bellirubin count. So DH is always high on bloodwork, his mom is, his grandmother is, so it wasn't much of a surprise that Finn had more bellirubin in him than he needed to.

July 24th, 2010, 07:37 AM
emmiejack0810's Avatar MELANIE
Probably 3 to 4 days because I am doing a repeat C-Section.

Thank you BAM for this INCREDIBLE Siggy

July 24th, 2010, 07:44 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Welll..... this depends on a number of things.

1. time of day baby is born. I had DD at 7:15 a.m., so I was there for the night of labor and then 2 nights after. They actually wanted to keep me for a THIRD night to make sure she was getting better about feeding, but I was SOOOO ready to get home.

I think we'll do the same, maybe 2 nights after he's born, but that also depends on...

2. NOISE. If it is really noisy (busy, busy, busy) and I keep getting woken up with nurse checks, forget it, we're going home as soon as we can!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
July 24th, 2010, 07:53 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
I guess it depends on when she's born. The doctor said it's usually a 24 - 48 hour stay (providing there are no complications).
July 24th, 2010, 08:21 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Ideally...I won't even be in the hospital. But if I do end up birthing at the hospital or being induced early, then I'll probably milk it and stay as long as they let me

July 24th, 2010, 08:33 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
if it's a normal vag birth the option is 24 to 48 hours after birth. I would like to stay as little time as possible - i'd rather be home...and i'm guessing the induction will take a day or two before.
July 24th, 2010, 09:10 AM
ginnkneephur's Avatar Rainbows and Sunshine
After the emergency c section with Phillip I stayed 5 days but we were both having issues.

With Zakkary I was determined not to stay in the hospital long. I went home after two days. MISTAKE!! We had steps that you have to climb to get in the house and I thought I was dying.

This time around I will stay 3-4 days. I think that extra day will really give me a bit more time to prepare to be home w/ a tad less pain.

July 24th, 2010, 09:13 AM
Dreamsinpink2010's Avatar expecting princess #2!!!
Send a message via AIM to Dreamsinpink2010 Send a message via MSN to Dreamsinpink2010
i think here its 48 hours
they kept me an extra day last time they said because i have so many kids at home ( i dont think 4 is alot!) and i needed someone to wait on me for a change!
i would have asked at my last appointment but i only saw a NP, and alot of what i said she was just listening and told me to ask my dr in 2 weeks

4 wonderful and handsome princes's, 1 princess and 1 more princess on her way! Due September 9th 2010!!!
Lacey Faith Margaret Leilani- September 13th 2010 9:19am 6 pounds. 3 oz
TTC our 3rd pink bundle

July 24th, 2010, 09:30 AM
ladybugmomma's Avatar Trisha
I'm not sure this time. With my 1st I stayed 3 nights. 2nd, he was born at 9:48 AM left next morning,
3rd was born at 7:37 pm and left the next morning, 4th born at 1:39 AM spent that night and one more.
Not sure this time, ROb and the kids will be in a hotel so me staying longer will actually cost us money LOL
July 24th, 2010, 10:13 AM
ardisbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We go home from the birth center after a good hearty nap. The idea is supposed to be that if you and baby are healthy (they make a home visit the next day also) and parents are well prepared then there is no need to stay longer--but to be honest, it is sort of one of my least favorite parts about the birth center experience!

July 24th, 2010, 10:18 AM
Frangipani's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hopefully only a short while (I think they give you 2 days if it's vaginal, 3-4 if it's a c-section here). I can't sleep in strange places and I'm sure it will be even worse in the hospital with all the noises, nursing checks, and so on.
July 24th, 2010, 10:25 AM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A day. The typical stay for a vaginal delivery is 2 days but they don't keep babies overnight in the nursery any more so I plan on leaving after a day.

July 24th, 2010, 10:29 AM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
i had Logan at 6:58am Monday and i discharged at 12noon Tues...... i would have been made to leave earlier (the hospital materinty ward keep paging CODE GRID LOCK... i am assuming that they had no beds) but the NICU nurse would not let me discharge til i got a lunch cus she was worried i wouldn't eat... you can room in at the NICU for $5 a night, but you have to bring your own food

for a second baby i don't know how long you stay for... i should ask that
July 24th, 2010, 11:00 AM
missmich
They told me 2 days for vaginal birth and 3 I think for c-section. I'm hoping my birth goes smooth and I'm feeling strong enough to go home on my own in those 2 days. They may give me an extra day if I tell them that I'm a single mom with no help at home and need an extra night though. I'd say it depends on if they have the room or not. A nurse will call and check up on us though when I get home and will arrange a time to come visit me and set up regular meetings after that if I want. So in that way Im lucky.
July 24th, 2010, 01:08 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
2 days or sooner! I think I will be ready to go home after that! As long as there are NO complications!

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
July 24th, 2010, 01:24 PM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
At our hospital For a normal vaginal delivery it's 48 hours after delivery. For a csection it's 72 hours.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search