my bed rest update

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2010, 06:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
So I have two days down and 26 more to go
Sounds so scary and long. I have not been bored yet as I had a lot of research to do and had some work related formalities to handle so it kept my mind busy.
My back is already sore from being in bed/sofa all day long. I have no idea of how I am going to make it… Do you girls have any tips on making it feel better? I am usually an extremely active person, I hate sitting and doing nothing, love walks, bike rides, I don’t take naps unless I am deadly tired.
On the other side, I have made some progress. I am, in fact, having contractions!! I was too busy to feel them before, but there was no way I was not having them because I am dilated (exactly why my doctor made me slow down). I am hoping they are only BH because there is no pain associated with them. I feel my baby’s head move very low and it scares me a lot. I think the shock over being put on bed rest has passed and now I am realizing how serious this is. I am not ready for my little man to come out!
All the best to you and take care of your babies!

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
July 24th, 2010, 07:36 AM
emmiejack0810's Avatar MELANIE
You and I are in the same boat --- Bed/Couch rest... Hope yours goes by uneventful...

Take care of you and baby.

Thank you BAM for this INCREDIBLE Siggy

July 24th, 2010, 07:39 AM
mamato4boys's Avatar Daleen
Sorry that you are having such a hard time dealing with the bed rest...I can't imagine what it must be like. As to the back pain I find that a warm shower helps a lot. HTH

THANK YOU BAM FOR MY AWESOME SIGGY
Always Remembering Otis, Evan Navarro, Riley, and Patrick
~September 2010 DDC's Perfect Angels~
July 24th, 2010, 07:40 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Karina, you keep that baby baking as long as possible!!! Did your doc say to "tilt" your hips to try to get his head from disengaging? I know some will have you do that, even just a little with a few pillows under your hips...

You sound like me in that there is ALWAYS something to do, especially with research and planning, but I hear you on getting tired of being in bed already. I wonder if you can do some bed "exercises" that still keep you pretty flat, since you don't have bp issues, like lay on your back and put your feet in the air and bike pedal for a little while, or lay on your side and do scissor kicks with the leg that's lying on top... just some ideas!

We're pulling for you and all our other bed rest mamas! Hang in there and take it one day at a time

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
July 24th, 2010, 07:57 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
No advice for you, but hang in there! I know it stinks, but it'll be worth it when you see your precious baby!
July 24th, 2010, 08:24 AM
ardisbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Karina! I completely missed that you are on bedrest and have been a bad buddy! Hugs to you, sending a pm right now.

July 24th, 2010, 08:27 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Sorry, hun! You're doing such a good job taking care your your little guy, though Get a crossword puzzle book! My mom got my brother and I each one for Christmas, and when we were visiting my grandma in the hospital, they kept us entertained for hours (haha, that makes us sound like we are 5...but we're 25 and 23 ). Or start knitting, I bet you could make a gorgeous blanket for him in the next 26 days!

July 24th, 2010, 08:32 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hang in there mama - i know how hard it is. I've been using some pillows when i'm sitting on the sofa so that i'm not leaning back too much - and that's helped with the back pain a little. I've been also trying to stretch while sitting - i'm also normally pretty active so my body is thinking what the heck. try doing a little stretching, changing positions, using pillows -- also if you need to a heating pad on your back. If you feel baby's head going low you can try some pelvic tilts and also sit in a leaning back position. I'm glad you've been able to keep pretty busy. HANG in there!!!! And BAKE BABY BAKE!!
July 24th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for your caring words and ideas to make my back feel better! I have no idea what I would have done without you all! Having this support group is best thing ever!

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search