Bishop's Score...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2010, 09:31 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
For those wanting to know more about the Bishop's score and how it relates to induction or how they "keep track" and what they are talking about when they mention this score, check this out...

What is a Bishop's Score and How Does it Relate to Inducing Labor? - Inducing Labor

They also have an app for it! Hmmm... I may have to get that for my iPod touch Although, I'm super at math, so think I can do it in my head faster

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
July 24th, 2010, 09:49 AM
ladybugmomma's Avatar Trisha
hmmm very interesting. In all my pregnancies/labours. I have never heard of it. I wonder if they use it, or by that name in Canada.
July 24th, 2010, 11:08 AM
I was a 5 on the morning of the appointment, but when I actually got to the hospital (that evening) I had thinned out a little more, so it could have been a 6... but I was also pre-e, so that played the big part in it (she was born Dec 27 and I was REALLY wanting to hold out to have her bday be the 31st!!!) It was a super fast, super easy L&D (except the back labor) and I did get the epidural, so that helped make it "super easy" too It was 8 days earlier than EDD...
IF, IF, IF we choose to go the route of induction on Fri the 3rd (if he doesn't come earlier on his own!) then, I really want to have an even high Bishop's score. 7 or higher is optimal, but even with the 5/6 I had with DD, it was seamless, so we'll just see!

July 24th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Awwww... you shouldn't ask a preggo about her first birth experience, you may get a soppy book

I was 50% effaced and 2 cm dilated. I can't remember the position (just the total score) but I know my cervix was between soft and medium, so pretty right for the "pickens".

I didn't need pitocin or for them to break my waters or anything, just 2/3 of the meds inserted (no side effects there, I slept the whole time) and then water broke naturally at 1:50 or so and she was born at 7:16 am (just a bit over 5 hours later). I had the epidural running when I was 6 cm dilated, but I was 5 cm when I asked for it (chicken!), so I had epidural for about 2 of those 5 hours).

I am telling you, except the back labor (which caused nausea but only for a bit because I didn't feel ANY contractions until a bit after my water broke and then none after the epidural kicked in) it was picture perfect. It's why I am so adamant that my Bishop's score is as high, or preferrably higher, this round too because I don't want to have to have my waters broken or pitocin or anything like that. I just want it to happen as well as it did with Kensley, if we do induction at all. I can't believe we're so close that we're even able to talk about this option!

July 24th, 2010, 12:36 PM
lovely_serendipity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thats very interesting. However, I hate math and numbers, so it also made my head hurt lol I def go for the app!!!
July 24th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I had also never heard of this system.

My cervix is not nice. It does not like to cooperate with my uterus.
July 24th, 2010, 02:04 PM
scunch's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have never heard of this, very interesting.

July 24th, 2010, 02:18 PM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
Never heard of this either but I was wondering what it was when you mentioned it in your last post. At least now if someone mentions it to me I don't have to pretend I know what they're talking about or admit ignorance

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search