Just a few questions, if you don't mind

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2010, 09:24 PM
Veteran
Ok I'm having achy pain, like the baby has dropped down extremely low. Best way I can describe it....it feels like...someone has shoved the jaws-of-life in between my legs (sorry tmi) and is prying my pubic bone apart. Does anyone else feel anything like this? Its hard to get to sleep at night even with a pillow between my legs and stepping down out of the bathtub...well DH usually has to help me out cuz it hurts too bad. And, sorry another question, with DD I don't remember nesting, but I think I might be doing this. I clean, and clean, and clean, and still think that everything needs cleaned all over again. One more, sorry its been awhile since I was pregnant last I don't remember much! Would I know, without a doubt, that I have lost or am losing my mucous plug? Thanks for the help and info!

July 24th, 2010, 09:31 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
you should notice if you loose your plug - it's typically a tiny bloody and a lot of gooey snotty type stuff. I would notice - but i compulsively check the toilet and toilet paper - if you're not a checker and you lost it in one go - you might not notice. It can also come out in "pieces". Sorry you're in so much pain. It was painful to me when DS dropped - it was really hard to walk or move. I'm sorry you're hurting so bad
July 24th, 2010, 09:35 PM
therealjimi's Avatar Veteran
I had that achy feeling you described in my last pregnancy and again with this one.. I find it is worse if Ive been on my feet all day or walking around alot, etc... One thing that helps me a bit is I have a rice bag that you heat up in the microwave and I heat it up (not too hot) and put it on top of my pillow that I put between my legs...it isnt a miracle cure, but it helps...my doc says the pain/ache is from the joints loosening up...totally normal.

When I lost my plug last time, I definitely knew it. It was like a big booger (gross!) and came out in chunks...

Hope that helps!

July 25th, 2010, 07:35 AM
Renwick2002's Avatar Veteran
When my lil man gets his head down there I know instantly. It's like a perma waddle that hurts like the dickens. Doc told me the bones are probably inflamed and that as he moves it will change which it did. I had days of no pain and then back to days of being unable to walk, literally holding the wall as I go. My lil guy wasn't "engaged" so he's still going up and down.

Today is a good day with no pain yet! Wahoo! I hope your baby moves for you soon or you find some relief.
July 25th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Veteran
thanks ladies! I will try the rice heating pad, and hope it eases it a bit for me. And the mucous plug (if that's what it was)...it came out in little chunks, kinda looked like snot. thanks for the advice!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search