The pee pee hula dance

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2010, 07:58 AM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
So I was listening to a pregnancy podcast and these preggos were talking about the pee pee hula dance they do before the get off the potty. I had NEVER heard of this.

Of course, this is not its official name...I don't think it even has one, but after they "think" they are done going pee pee, they kinda circle their hips and torso (think hula dance) to make sure their bladders are completely empty. I laughed out loud. What?? I mean, seriously, does this work??

So the next time I went to the bathroom I did the pee pee hula. OMG! It worked. I thought (and felt) like I was all done, but there was some still stuck in my bladder. These girls swear it helps them not to have to go to the bathroom every 10 minutes or so b/c you completely empty your bladder out each time. Now, I have done it 3 more times and gotten nothing....but isn't that the strangest???

July 25th, 2010, 08:18 AM
~Constance~
Never heard of it. I count to ten after I think I'm done to see if I still have to go and then lift off the seat about 6 inches. Pre-baby I could just lean forward to fully empty but with the weight of the baby I need to actually start to stand up a bit. I learned all the tricks after running to the bathroom all the time with my first. So pregnancy #2 and this one have been just a few more trips a day than non-pregnant.
If I tried the hula trick I'd probably collapse off the side of the potty from sciatic nerve pain.
July 25th, 2010, 08:22 AM
ladybugmomma's Avatar Trisha
I will try it LOL This is the first pregnancy I have had frustrations with peeing. After I pee, I think I'm done, then when I get up and wipe, I leak more, it pi$$es me off. So annoying. Hula dance here I come!
July 25th, 2010, 08:25 AM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmomma View Post
I will try it LOL This is the first pregnancy I have had frustrations with peeing. After I pee, I think I'm done, then when I get up and wipe, I leak more, it pi$$es me off. So annoying. Hula dance here I come!
I FEEL your pain. I have never been more pi$$ed off when going to the bathroom. Or trickling when I sneezing. Now that NEVER happened with DS. I will be hula-ing with you each time from now on.

July 25th, 2010, 08:45 AM
ladybugmomma's Avatar Trisha
I will try the hula as soon as I need to go!
July 25th, 2010, 08:56 AM
klsfl10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm going to have to try that...I've actually gone to the bathroom in one bathroom at work then while walking back to my desk found myself having to reroute to another bathroom to finish, lol.

July 25th, 2010, 08:59 AM
WomanInTheMoon's Avatar Courtney
It's so nice to know I'm not alone in all these peeing issues. I'll be so glad when I don't have to think about potty gyrations.
July 25th, 2010, 09:20 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Definitely worth a try! I also read that after you get done peeing, you should wait a few seconds and then lean forward to make sure there's nothing left in your bladder. I was doing that for a while and it worked. Now, I play the "is my bladder full or is she sitting on it" game -- always super fun!
July 25th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Gemum
Happened to me today. Went to KFC for lunch..YUM

Went to the loo on the way in, on the way out said oh get you in the car I need to wee again... and on the way back to the car... I needed to wee...AGAIN!!

I find myself setting up camp before bed at night, sitting on the loo for a good 15 mins. I'm amazed that every 3-4 mins or so, a little more pee comes. I can't wait to have my body back
July 25th, 2010, 09:36 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i've never heard of that! I just sit and wait for another minute to make sure i'm done.
July 25th, 2010, 12:29 PM
lexicon's Avatar formerly SarahRenee
I actually do that but I've never heard that term

When I pee on the toilet, I will wiggle and lean forwards and lean backwards and get the last remnants out. DH thinks I"m crazy and gives me looks whenever he catches me do that.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy!
July 25th, 2010, 01:21 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpixiepuff View Post
I find myself setting up camp before bed at night, sitting on the loo for a good 15 mins. I'm amazed that every 3-4 mins or so, a little more pee comes. I can't wait to have my body back

I have to do that otherwise I am up in an hour having to go again!!! I definitely need to try this trick!!

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]
forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search