Who will cut your baby's cord?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2010, 11:09 AM
~Tiffany~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DH
July 25th, 2010, 11:13 AM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
DH has no interest (I really think he feels like the baby can "feel" it, but he hasn't admitted that to me). He also wanted decline to "watch" any crowning or birth from that angle. He never left the side of my head and never had his hands off me. Either stroking my head, or holding my hands.

Now, I did read somewhere the mom could do it, but I don't think I want to either...

July 25th, 2010, 11:19 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Amanda, my DH is the exact same way. He'd actually prefer it if the baby would just magically come forth and none of the L&D had to happen at all! Soooo... my OB will cut the cord again. Mom is driving up from 10 hours away, so she'll be with DD and I wouldn't have her or anyone else in there with me and DH anyway...

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
July 25th, 2010, 11:39 AM
lexicon's Avatar formerly SarahRenee
DH will be cutting it. He's actually excited about watching her be born.

Last time around my entire pregnancy he was such a baby about it and talking about how gross it would be and how traumatized he would be if he had to watch a baby shoot out of my crotch He was so adamant right up until 5 minutes before I delivered that he'd stay up by my head... but when I was ready to push, it all happened so fast and the doctor and nurse were yelling at him to grab my leg and help me so he took one little peek... and got SO excited and told me he could see her hair! So he watched and he was just so in awe of everything and he wanted to cut the cord. And now he talks about how awesome it will be to experience that again.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy!
July 25th, 2010, 11:57 AM
LifenTheFastLane's Avatar Mommy 2 Rhys~Rhylee~Jessa
The Doctor unless Dh wants to... I never had the option with either boys bc the cord was around there necks so the dr. cut it both times. ...now I gotta go ask Dh if he wants to cut it.
July 25th, 2010, 11:59 AM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexicon View Post
DH will be cutting it. He's actually excited about watching her be born.

Last time around my entire pregnancy he was such a baby about it and talking about how gross it would be and how traumatized he would be if he had to watch a baby shoot out of my crotch He was so adamant right up until 5 minutes before I delivered that he'd stay up by my head... but when I was ready to push, it all happened so fast and the doctor and nurse were yelling at him to grab my leg and help me so he took one little peek... and got SO excited and told me he could see her hair! So he watched and he was just so in awe of everything and he wanted to cut the cord. And now he talks about how awesome it will be to experience that again.
That is sooo sweet

I just asked DH, "Do you wanna cut the cord?" and he said "Sure!". So DH will do it

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
July 25th, 2010, 12:01 PM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
Daddy will do it, hopefully not in such a rush this time (last time it was a hurry up and cut it kind of moment)
July 25th, 2010, 12:07 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
DH will be up by my head and holding my hand. He has no real interest in cutting the cord, but he will if it's something I want him to do. My fear is that if he doesn't, he'll look back with regret (although he assures me that this will not happen).

So..... probably the doctor unless DH gets a sudden "need" to do it.
July 25th, 2010, 12:14 PM
SSgt_Wifey_USMC
DH and hopefully if they don't kick Ryder out by then i can get my friend to take a photo of it
July 25th, 2010, 12:27 PM
klsfl10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DBF...he's always been very set on doing that but also very set on NOT going anywhere below my shoulders, lol. Honestly, I don't want him anywhere below my shoulders during delivery either.

July 25th, 2010, 12:49 PM
missmich
I'm going to do it. If all goes well and they place the baby on my chest I plan to BF right away,if he's interested and then wait for the cord to stop pulsating and then I will cut the cord myself.

I never thought it was an option. I just assumed that Daddy or the doctor would do it. My doula asked me if I wanted to and I was like "huh,really,I can do that?". She said sure. So hopefully if all goes as planned then I'll be the one to cut my babies cord.
July 25th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hubby will
July 25th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Super Mommy
DH, but I think it's 50/50 whether he'll still be standing upright at that point. He's VERY queesy about the whole birth thing!
Joyfully expecting #2 in January!

July 25th, 2010, 01:21 PM
*Amie*
DF cut Tyler's... the midwife cut Leo's as it all happened so fast/DF wasn't there etc

July 25th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Veteran
DH, he did with our DD, so hes's actually looking forward to cutting this one.

July 25th, 2010, 01:43 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
I definately don't want to.

DH isn't sure yet. We're going to leave it until it happens and see.

His mother has informed us that he WILL be cutting the cord.

I can't believe she's known him for 34 years and I've known him for 6 years 10 months and I KNEW 6 years and 9 months ago that YOU DON'T TELL HIM WHAT TO DO =) And again, he's 34.

If Keith won't do it and Justin is there, Justin will cut it.

And if Justin isn't there...the doctor will cut it.
July 25th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
DH said he will

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
July 25th, 2010, 04:28 PM
dani.'s Avatar [ missing my soldier ]
The OB - DH wasn't allowed due to my c-section, so I am assuming it'll be the same this time around.

mommy to
dakota [05.03.06] & dash [08.24.10]

July 25th, 2010, 04:44 PM
TXErinC's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not sure, DH doesn't have any interest. I'll have the doc ask before she does it to see if anyone else in the room does. I'd really like him to cut it though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search