Who will be with you in L&D?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2010, 11:22 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Anna's post on cutting the cord got me thinking...

Who do you want with you in L&D?

I am not one for people being around me, so even if everyone lived nearby (all the relatives are at least 10 hours away), it would still be just Dh and myself.

After baby's born, my mom (who's driving up to help with DD) will bring DD to the hossy (when we call her) to see baby brother and then after they go home, we'll let my good friend come visit, but that's it. I'm actually a pretty private, give me my freaking space, kinda gal (remember, I don't have FB for a reason )

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
July 25th, 2010, 11:24 AM
J9+J+C=Complete's Avatar Charlotte & Jacob's Mommy
I had to let my mom down gently on the way back from the beach on Wednesday. I asked her if she wouldn't mind taking Jake while we were in the hospital and she said, "Your dad will have to because I'll be in the room with you guys". Um...No. Sorry, mom. Needless to say, she was "hurt" and "needed to be sad about this", but hopefully she will understand that it is a private thing for Shaun and me. Plus, isn't that typically the role of grandma to watch big brother or sister while mom's in labor??? My mom is a "special" one though
July 25th, 2010, 11:26 AM
lexicon's Avatar formerly SarahRenee
It'll be just DH. Last time around everybody wanted to come (and I would have let them) but didn't show up in time. I'm sure my IL's will want to come but I think DH and I are going to decline or just call them after the baby's born I'm going to need them to bring me food

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy!
July 25th, 2010, 12:01 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am inviting in :

Dave of course
My two older kids (19 and 15)
My mom
Dave's mom
My sister
My cousin
and possibly my long time JM buddy

It's up to them if they decide to come in, but they are all welcome.

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

July 25th, 2010, 12:06 PM
~Tiffany~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Usually I have a ton of family (my 2 bros and 2 sisters and their spouses) in there while laboring, but when I actually deliver it was DH and My Mom with me.

This time, I want everyone to wait to come up until after the baby is born. I will still have DH and my mom with me through the labor and delivery. My mom is such a wonderful support for me I couldn't do it without her by my side with DH
July 25th, 2010, 12:07 PM
klsfl10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I only want DBF in there. Anyone else (my parents and his mom) are more than welcome in the waiting room but I would quite possibly beat my mother if she was in the room just because she would annoy me, lol, my dad would be SO uncomfortable and his mom I've only met a handful of times...she doesn't need to be seeing that much of me, lol.

July 25th, 2010, 12:07 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
Just DH
I feel like this should be a special moment between the two of us, especially since it is our first. Plus, since I have never been through labor before I think having anyone else in there will stress me out. Maybe with the next one I will be more open to having others in there (my sister and/or mom) if they want to.

I was reading something the other day and this lady let her FIL in the room to watch while she was going through labor. No offense if you are doing that, but I thought it was sooooooo creepy and weird The thought of having FIL in the room with me, staring at my crotch while baby boy is coming out makes me want to gag.

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
July 25th, 2010, 12:09 PM
J9+J+C=Complete's Avatar Charlotte & Jacob's Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by klsfl10 View Post
I only want DBF in there. Anyone else (my parents and his mom) are more than welcome in the waiting room but I would quite possibly beat my mother if she was in the room just because she would annoy me.

My mom annoyed the you know what outta hubs the first time around. He would try to calm me down and she'd basically push him out of the way and hubs said I ended up so short with her towards the end. I would just rather avoid that whole scene They can all come afterwards
July 25th, 2010, 12:10 PM
LifenTheFastLane's Avatar Mommy 2 Rhys~Rhylee~Jessa
Dh, My mom and Dh's mom and maybe one of my best friends.
July 25th, 2010, 12:12 PM
SSgt_Wifey_USMC
as far as i planned, its going to be Chris,Ryder, and a friend of mine who will watch Ryder if the doc tell us he needs to leave.
July 25th, 2010, 12:13 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelli4188 View Post
Just DH
I feel like this should be a special moment between the two of us, especially since it is our first. .
I agree -- I only want DH in there. My mom can wait in the waiting room while I'm delivering -- I doubt she'll have a problem with that as that's what happened when my sister delivered. But this is a very special moment and it's something for DH and I to share (of course, with medical personnel whom we really don't know!).
July 25th, 2010, 01:31 PM
Veteran
When DD was born I only wanted DH in there, this time It will be him and my baby sister. She's now 24. She's never watched a live birth before so she's very excited. My other 2 sisters wanted to be there but they are just too dramatic. They'll be yelling, crying, etc. Actually our mom is the same way. I only want people in there that will help me stay calm.

July 25th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
I want DH there and the kids...IF they can handle it. I want my parents there on standby in the waiting room in case my kids can't handle it.

HOWEVER...DH wants his mom there, his mom, dad, and two sisters insist on being at the hospital coming in to see me while I labor and right after delivery, and my dad will probably be out of town and my mom is watching my sisters kids.

SO...DH will be there, probably his whole family, my kids, and no one to watch them.

Call Channel Four news, it will look like a scene from Alien, complete with the screaming.
July 25th, 2010, 01:39 PM
scunch's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I want to be only DH and I . I told my Mom this months ago, she was fine w/it at the time...now that it is getting closer she has changed her tune and thinks that she needs to be there. I do not want her there, we have argued about this for the last couple of weeks. I want it to be a special time for me, DH and baby.

July 25th, 2010, 01:40 PM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
So last time I was in "labor" around 24 hours. While we in the in-between stage of labor, my mom was in the room, my MIL was in the room, and my step mother in law was in the room. Now, nothing happened (except cervical checks) while they were in there. When they doctor needed to do a cervical check, they left. When they said it was time to push, everyone left again.
But....
I really need to see how my labor goes this time. If there is that much down time again with not much pain, I don't mind people in there chatting with me, getting me stuff, etc. But I was in so much pain from the pictoin and no epi that the doc had to give me something to "sedate" me. I woke up and there were there. To be honest, when I realized they were all in there, I was still in so much pain that I pretended to sleep for about 2 hours. I would just roll over and kinda mutter and close my eyes again.
This labor is going to be so touch and go because I plan to VBAC, that I might not let anyone in except DH. I have even considered not telling them I am in labor. My mom will have DS, but his family can come after baby has arrived. Jury is still out on that.

July 25th, 2010, 01:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I only want DH there.. Friends and family can come over after.

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
July 25th, 2010, 01:52 PM
pbcups10's Avatar Super Mommy
Only DH. That is how it was with DS and I and I can't imagine it any other way. I was in NO MOOD to chat that day, just wanted to focus on my breath, manage the pain and try to rest. I barely spoke to DH actually. He just quietly held my hand and it was just what I needed. He knows me.

July 25th, 2010, 02:27 PM
MotherFrog's Avatar lost in la la land
Things are just a little different for me since I'm having a c-section.

DH, MIL, and BIL (yes BIL) are all going with me to the hospital. During the amnio, the prep, and the surgery, MIL and BIL will be in the waiting room but I suppose they can come back between the amnio and surgery and keep us company. Prep is in the OR, or most of it is. Not sure if they are going to be in the waiting room till baby is born or waiting in my room. I have no clue.

July 25th, 2010, 03:53 PM
VeronicaBride's Avatar Jen
Just DH and I during labour and delivery. I don't mind immediate family and friends coming after the baby is born (once we are in the maternal ward) but I really don't want anyone there during L&D and both of our families totally respect that. I do want the IL's to bring Avery into the delivery room shortly after we give birth (once the doctors are all done down there). We want to have some time alone with Avery and the baby and the 2 of us and then I am sure we will let the il's come in as well.

July 25th, 2010, 04:23 PM
dani.'s Avatar [ missing my soldier ]
My younger sister since my DH will not be here for the birth.

After delivery, there's probably 10-12 people that will stop by to meet the new addition.

mommy to
dakota [05.03.06] & dash [08.24.10]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search