What kind of big decisions do you still need to make for baby?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2010, 03:44 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
We have the name picked! and all the other stuff is pretty well decided (birth plan, vit K shot, eye stuff...)

BUT...

We have ignored the big: Circumcision-Or-Not decision. I think I'm leaning to circumcision after watching and changing some of those boys one day... but we haven't talked about it for a while and I guess we'll just see what we lean to in the next couple weeks.

What big decisions do you still have to make?

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
July 25th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't have a pediatrition (sp?) . I take my children to a family doc here that I like. If they ask who I want Tessa's ped to be, I will be like "I dunno" I guess I will just use who is on duty until after her 2 weeks appt, and then just start going to the family doc.
July 25th, 2010, 03:55 PM
VeronicaBride's Avatar Jen
I think the circumcision is the only thing we haven't decided as well. This is the one area where I have kind of given DH a much bigger say and originally he had decided on circumcision (since he is) but the more he reads the more confused he gets and is now unsure.

July 25th, 2010, 04:02 PM
ginnkneephur's Avatar Rainbows and Sunshine
We cannot decide on a middle name!!! If I don't get on it her middle name will be her nickname. LOL I can see it already. Genevieve Le Bebe.

July 25th, 2010, 04:13 PM
Daphinae's Avatar Sande
We apparently had a Big Decision that I wasn't aware of. When we were out of the house for a couple days with the A/C broken, we stayed in a hotel with a King bed. And for the last two weeks, DH has been saying we need a King size bed. Because we have to have room for all FOUR of us in it.

We've been working on getting Finn in his toddler bed, and he does quite well considering. Last night he fell asleep about 9 pm (a little later than we like) but didn't wake up once ALL NIGHT until 4 am. So he's doing very well. But DH figures that new baby will wake him up, and the easiest way to get him back to sleep (ie so DH can sleep) is to put Finn in bed with us.

And he assumes that I'll fall asleep breastfeeding Roan (like I did with Finn) in our bed, so we need room for everybody.

So.... my birthday present was a new king size bed that we went and picked out Saturday. Today I went with my MIL and picked out sheets. Bed will get delivered next Sunday.

I had to laugh at DH, because before I had Finn, I HAD TO HAVE a new fridge. I needed a good one so I could freeze milk and such. This time, HE had to have a new bed.

Good thing we just finished refinancing the house so we had a little extra money... Of course, I was planning on hoarding it for a while, */sigh* --

The good part: my sister in law is the store manager at a SofaMart, so she was able to get us a 1/2 off deal at the Denver Mattress next door.

July 25th, 2010, 04:19 PM
missmich
I'm working on the birth plan now but have an idea of what I'm wanting and not wanting. I just have to finish writing it out and make copies.

I think I'm a NO on the eye ointment and a maybe on the vitamin K,I may look into getting the oral version of it instead of I have that option.

I haven't quite decided if I'll be totally natural or will be having some drugs they offer me. I really want to avoid the epi though. This kind of choice I think I can't really make until I'm there and things are really happening.

I guess the biggest decision I still have to make is when to tell the FOB the baby has arrived. He knows the due date and he has my contact info and he could call and check on me/us if and when he wants to but he hasn't at all since I told him in March that I was pregnant. So I just don't know what I'll do right after he arrives.
July 25th, 2010, 04:31 PM
heathernoel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ah! The benefit of having done this before, and before, and before, and before, and before. LOL

None, really. I guess the biggest worry I have is where I will recover. If DH's new job gived the o.t. that it says he'll get, he can take off the hospital days to be with me. When I get home, though, I'm screwed. The girls have school, so someone has to be here to see the off and welcome them home, but I'm not kidding myself...I won't be up and about a day after getting home after a c section. The last thing I want is my father helping me.

I'll man up and do it alone I'm sure.
July 25th, 2010, 04:35 PM
missmich
Heather can you get a nurse or someone to come help? I know they can be expensive,but sometimes they are covered. What about a student or a teen near by who can come make sure they get ready in the am and get out the door on time? Can you try and get hubby to get clothes and lunches ready the night before for the kids?
July 25th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My biggest one is my little man's name. We are deciding between Lukas and Milan.

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
July 25th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumii View Post
My biggest one is my little man's name. We are deciding between Lukas and Milan.
I like Lukas

I don't think we have any big decisions to make before baby arrives.
July 25th, 2010, 05:10 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by missmich View Post

I guess the biggest decision I still have to make is when to tell the FOB the baby has arrived. He knows the due date and he has my contact info and he could call and check on me/us if and when he wants to but he hasn't at all since I told him in March that I was pregnant. So I just don't know what I'll do right after he arrives.
Being stubborn and knowing he knows the due date and so forth, I'd forget telling him and see if he EVER calls to see how everything went! Especially since he's had no interest in seeing how you and baby have been up to this point. It almost sounds like you and baby would be better off without him ((HUGS))

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
July 25th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Veteran
So far it looks like everything is in order for this little guy.

~I have his name picked.
~My doctor delivered my other kiddos so I dont need a birth plan or anything since we've been through this 3 times already, lol.
~He will be circumsiced like his daddy and brothers.
~ My mother in law is a school teacher at my sons school and she lives behind us so she will help getting him there for me.
~I went ahead and bought Jaxon his own crib instead of tying to transition Jacie to a toddler bed just yet.
~ Hubby will be home a week or so to help and if I need help longer than that I have my mom and sister I can call.
I think that covers all the biggies...

Last edited by Jenna9150; July 25th, 2010 at 05:14 PM.
July 25th, 2010, 05:17 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We don't really have any of the normal big decisions to make for Kaylee - we pretty much have already.
July 25th, 2010, 05:26 PM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
I think we've made them all and I'm so happy we agreed on everything we decided so it didn't take us long at all! Now our only concern is how to maintain our sanity after he arrives and the Army starts packing up our house and we move over 4,000 miles to NC with a cat, dog and newborn and begin looking for a new home!

July 25th, 2010, 05:27 PM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
i think i am ready decison wise .... but now that i say that i will probably be up tonight with some decison that i had not thought of...lol!
July 25th, 2010, 05:29 PM
dani.'s Avatar [ missing my soldier ]
The only thing I have left to do, which isn't really a baby related issue - more mommy/medical, is having a living will drawn up. I do not want to even think about this, but DH really wants me to have one since he will not be here to help making any big medical decisions. We had to do this back around Christmas for DH & it just leaves me in a funk thinking about it.

But, when it comes to Dash - he is pretty much good to go [well, not literally - he still has some baking to do! ].

mommy to
dakota [05.03.06] & dash [08.24.10]

July 25th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The only real decision we have left is for me to decide whether to ask my mom to be in the L&D room with me or not. Besides that we have everything agreed upon.
I really think I do want her there, she's my mom and she's great. I know it would mean a lot to her-this is her first grandchild and she's so excited. With my future children she'll probably be the one responsible for watching them while I'm in L&D so it's the only one she'd be present for most likely. But to be brutally honest I'm so grossed out watching L&D videos that I wonder why anyone aside from my husband would want to see all of that. I guess my discomfort with the process is the only thing holding me back. I need to do it soon tho if I'm going to ask her.

July 25th, 2010, 06:36 PM
J9+J+C=Complete's Avatar Charlotte & Jacob's Mommy
Our biggest decision isn't so much a decision as it is a hurdle. I am taking 8 weeks paid 4 weeks leave without pay. They will not send me a paycheck at all those four weeks and I will have to pay my portion of the family health benefits that month (as always, but without receiving a paycheck) as well as the mortgage, utilities, etc. Our biggest challenge right now is to "pretend" to still be paying daycare each week even though we pull Jacob out for the summers (and he is done with daycare and going to public school next year) so that we are saving up the next four months for that big financial hit. PLUS, personal property taxes come out soon...yikes....
July 25th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Castaway
Nothing, all the decisions were made longggggggggggggg time ago.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search