Inconsiderate People

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2010, 08:37 PM
Castaway
Share yours if you have any.....

The latest?

Was in the grocery store, some lady hit me right in the stomach with her cart and kept going, didn't even say anything. Usually I would say something but I guess I was just sort of shocked, I just rubbed my belly. Today while changing I noticed a huge bruise on my stomach where I was hit, quite uncomfortable.

July 25th, 2010, 09:12 PM
missmich
That lady should count herself lucky it wasn't me she hit! I would said something loud and clear!

Sorry about your belly though and I hope baby is all right!
July 25th, 2010, 09:16 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i would have been pissed - i would have said something i'm sorry she didn't even say anything.
July 25th, 2010, 09:18 PM
MotherFrog's Avatar lost in la la land
There was a line for the toilet at the gas station, one lady in front of me, then another lady comes in and starts complaining she has to go. The first lady goes in, the lady behind me really starts complaining and says I need to let her go first cause she's going to pee herself. I look her dead in the eye, left my shirt, tell her I have a human being on my bladder and if anyone is going to peeing on themselves soon, IT'S ME! No, you may not cut in front of me! I took my time, needless to say.

July 25th, 2010, 09:55 PM
ScottishBrit's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ScottishBrit
OMG I have a bruise on my belly to from being Hit!!! My friend and I went out to eat and she sat down and accidentally moved the table into me..

But my story is of my friend's mom that saw me the other day and when she asked how far along I was she thought I was gonna pop any day cause of how big I was. Ummm ok? Considering Im measuring small how is that possible? People should just keep there oppion's to them selves!
July 25th, 2010, 10:12 PM
klsfl10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
There was the cleaning lady at work who is under 5 feet tall and while I was still inside the bathrooms decided it was time to stop others from coming in so she could start cleaning. But they don't just put up a cone, they put a stopper across the entryway, kind of like a pull-up pole or a limbo pole. Again, she's not even 5 ft tall. She didn't want to remove the pole blocking me from now getting OUT of the bathroom...she actually told me to duck under. UM NO! I can't duck, bend forwards, backwards, whatever. I can barely walk at this point!

And I still try to literally run past the female security guard who keeps making comments about my size/twins/delivering soon.

I think I have a hostile work environment when you add in those with the random other people who make comments about my size (I've only gained 16 lbs!), face filling out "but that's good"?!?!, and the ones trying to tell me I'm having a girl when its clearly a boy with no modesty.

July 25th, 2010, 10:35 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I'm sorry, Leesha! I can't believe she hit you!

Friday at the bar, I was at the bar waiting for the bartender (I was getting my friend a drink! And myself a water ) and this guy just shoves right in front of me right as the bartender comes up. However, the bartender looks at him, looks at me, looks around him and goes "What can I get you, hun?" While he ignores the guy who cut me off I definitely tipped the bartender extra for that one!

July 26th, 2010, 05:09 AM
Gemum
ARGH...PEOPLE!!!

I was in mothercare buying a little gift for my cousins brand new baby, I was in a thin isle and this kid who was playing chase in the shop ran up and was next to me. She couldnt get by and there was nowhere for me to go, so she PUSHES ME AWAY USING MY BELLY shouting MOVE! I fell into the clothing rack behind me. I was shocked cause her Mum just stood there and I was too shocked to say anything... MANNERS ANYONE!??!
July 26th, 2010, 05:16 AM
*MomofO&Nat*'s Avatar Kelly, Massachusetts Mama
You live in MA, don't you BAM? I think I remember you saying that. I do too, and I swear people here are sooo rude, especially at the grocery store. I dread Market Basket every week. I hope your tummy feels better!
Natalie Laura (9/14/10)
Harrison Dean (2/22/13)
Proud Member of the September 2010 Playroom

July 26th, 2010, 06:01 AM
~Tiffany~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh No!! I also would have flipped on the lady. Sorry Leasha!
July 26th, 2010, 06:15 AM
MariaL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! I'm sorry she didn't even have the decency to say sorry.
July 26th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I take NYC subway to work. I usually get a seat when I first get on a subway since it's one of the first stops, but when I have to transfer to another train or when I go from work most of the time nobody gives up a seat for me.

July 26th, 2010, 08:16 AM
ginnkneephur's Avatar Rainbows and Sunshine
I've been lucky to not run into any rude people lately. I also have not been leaving to do anything very much. I feel better at home with no shoes on.

I hope your belly gets to feeling better. And Gemma next time some rude child runs you down. SAY SOMETHING!! If you don't say anything the child may never learn. Parents of children like that are horrible...I can't stand to see a child left uncorrected for something like that.

July 26th, 2010, 08:28 AM
Frangipani's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went to the movies yesterday with some friends of mine. Somehow, I managed to stay in my seat for the entire movie, but of course made a beeline for the bathroom as soon as the movie let out. There was a long line behind me and I was next to go. This chick walks in to the bathroom, skips the entire line, and stands in front of me about 2 feet away. What the?! I heard all these grumbles behind me but no one said anything.

The door to the stall right in front of me opened and a lady walked out. I looked at the chick cutting and just walked in, in front of her. I mean, come on.
July 26th, 2010, 09:52 AM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I cannot believe how rude some people are, these stories make me so angry. I've become so protective about my belly lately that if anyone does stuff like this I immediately go into b**** mode. I cannot imagine how badly I would have responded if a lady did something like that to me at a grocery store...wow!!

I was at the movies with my husband this week and was turning the corner to walk into the bathroom. At that moment a teenage girl was walking out with her teenage boyfriend (why was he in the girl's bathroom in the first place??) who was walking backwards, fast and ran right into my belly. I immediately put both of my hands out and shoved him from his back away from me and said rudely "Excuse me!!" They both kind of just looked at me shocked, giggled and ran away. Ugggh, whatever.

July 26th, 2010, 02:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My god! Girls you are a patient bunch of people... staying so polite with these rude strangers! Everyone has been nice to me so far.

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
July 26th, 2010, 03:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow! I can't believe she ran into you hard enough to leave a bruise and didn't say anything! I would have been so pissed!

We went to a family-geared Blues Traveler's Concert on Saturday, and I was like awesome, should be fun! For some reason every single pot smoker and cigarette smoker sat around me, I was getting so mad. I mean, I don't care if they want to do it, even though the concert rules was that it shouldn't be there, but must they do it RIGHT next to me? Ugh, I had to shower when I got home because I felt so gross.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search