Back in Hospital

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2010, 06:36 AM
emmiejack0810's Avatar MELANIE
So I just got released last Thursday and was doing so good on modified bed rest at home until Sunday morning around 4:30 when I went to the bathroom and bleeding again...

Back to the hospital we go and now I am here for the long haul...

I am here for a minimum of 5 weeks (unless Baby Jackson has other thoughts)...

How am I going to make it through the next 5 weeks without my Hubby & DD?????? I know she can visit but it is just not the same --- I feel like my heart is being ripped out... I have cried and cried and ultimately know that where I am is the best place but Good God -- it is sooo painful...

If anyone else is stuck in the hospital - how do you cope????????

Thank you BAM for this INCREDIBLE Siggy

July 26th, 2010, 06:44 AM
MonkeyBugMommy's Avatar Brooke
Send a message via Yahoo to MonkeyBugMommy
Oh my, I'm sooo sorry! I think I'd go crazy. I'm sure it will all be worth it, though, when you hold a healthy little Jackson in your arms.
July 26th, 2010, 06:50 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i'm sorry! Hospital bed-rest is really hard. You can do it though!!! One of my friends had her water break at 21 weeks and was on hospital bed-rest until she was induced at 32 weeks. She also had a 3 year old at home. It was hard but she watched lots of movies, internet, did a lot of word games etc. You can do it!!! Hang in there and keep baking baby!!!
July 26th, 2010, 07:04 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I'm so sorry, Melanie! I can't imagine being away from DD for 5 weeks, but I pray it will go by super fast and you all can make it actually very fun for her to come visit, like going to visit a play yard or something

How far along are you now? ((HUGS)) I hope it goes fast for you, and Jackson is actually growing very fast and fully in there and he stays put for a bit longer! Our goal as a DDC is to wait until August for any more babies to be born... not too long, but still... tell Jackson that!

well... good news... doesn't look like you have much opportunity to deliver baby in the car anymore

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
July 26th, 2010, 08:48 AM
TXErinC's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry hun. I hope the time goes by fast.
July 26th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Veteran
I was in the hospital for 2 weeks and the best thing i had was my laptop and a video camera. that way if DS couldn't come up we would video chat a few times a day. It made it a little bit easier. But other than the laptop & web cam I did a lot of word search books, read, watched tv and slept.
July 26th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh no Melanie! This is so unfortunate. I know nothing I say will make you feel better... I am sending you T&P. Take care of yourself and keep in touch with us as much as you can. I am not in hospital, but I am stuck at home. Feel free to PM me anytime you want or need to talk.

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
July 26th, 2010, 10:50 AM
amymgem's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So sorry to hear that. Hang in there, lady. Read lots and skype with the family if you have a laptop (if not, maybe someone can lend you one). You can do this!
July 26th, 2010, 10:56 AM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
Oh no! I am so sorry that you are on hospital bed-rest
I hope that you can find ways to keep yourself entertained and get by until baby Jackson is here He needs his mama to stay healthy and rest, so I guess that is what you need to do!
We will be thinking of you! Check in often!

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
July 26th, 2010, 11:17 AM
*MomofO&Nat*'s Avatar Kelly, Massachusetts Mama
Oh no!! I am so sorry you have to go through this. I have no experience with it, but I would say do a lot of list making for DH to get things done now for when baby comes so you feel like you are prepared even if not at home. Also, catch up on movies, do a puzzle if they have a table big enough to go over the bed, solitaire games are fun, etc. I hope it goes fast and you get to see your family a lot!
Natalie Laura (9/14/10)
Harrison Dean (2/22/13)
Proud Member of the September 2010 Playroom

July 26th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry the bleeding came back and you have to be at the hospital. Just know that as hard as it is to be away from your DD, if Jackson wereto be born now he may have to be in the NICU, which could mean you'd haveto shuffle between the 2 of them. Hopefully DH can bring her to visit often. Are there other friends/family near you that can visit to help the time pass more quickly?
July 26th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Thanks ladies... The hospital where I am at is located in the Downtown area - so it is pretty close for everyone... Of course DH & MIL visit every day and my mom comes a few times a week but she is busy with Emmie so that is a okay...

One of my best friends works at this hospital - well the Children's Hospital that is attached...

I have had friends visit so that is nice... FB is a godsend right now so I can keep up with the outside world.

We have webcam so we get to do that as well... So it could be a lot worse but I can hang in there for the time being.

Doc was telling me that she wants me at the hospital because the previa could lead to a "big bleed" - she said that what I had although to me was big was considered a small bleed... which in turn could lead to a big bleed that doesn't stop...

So right now just hanging in there watching a very nasty storm out of my hospital window - UGH --- so day by day and week by week we go.

Will definitely keep updating on progress.

July 26th, 2010, 03:35 PM
lexicon's Avatar formerly SarahRenee
I'm so sorry you're stuck in the hospital... but it's the best thing for baby Jackson!! My DD is a month younger than yours and I could only imagine how devastated I'd be not to be home with her... but the good thing is she's still so young she won't remember this... they're so resilent at this age!! I'm glad you have lots of family and friends to help and keep you company!!

Everyone else had great suggestions for you to help pass the time... how about crocheting? There's lots of easy tutorials online and all you need is yarn and a hook. You could make a blanket or hat or booties for Jackson!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy!
July 26th, 2010, 03:38 PM
scunch's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry you are stuck at the hosp. away from DH and DD. I hope the time passes as quickly as possible and baby Jackson stays put until then.

July 26th, 2010, 03:45 PM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
Awww hon, that just sucks no matter what way you look at it. It is such a short time though compared to their whole life. I am sure your DD will look back and remember you being gone for some time, but not realize how long it was when she is older. Plus, just like everyone else said, it is what J and YOU need right now, so try to rest up and keep us posted.

July 26th, 2010, 03:45 PM
My mom is supposed to bring my bag of yarm up to me so I can also do the crocheting thing.. I only know 1 way but hey that is okay...

So one good thing that has come out of this is the bonding that is happening between DH & DD... It is sooo cute and sweet to see... She so wants him more now and they have a new routine (although I am not sure it was smart on his part) but they rock together when she goes to bed --- he did this because she was sick last week and would wake up in the middle of the night so he would rock with her... He loves it so hey what can I say...

i am so proud of my DH who has so stepped up to the plate that it actually threw me for a loop because my DH is not the type of person who handles sudden change and chaos very well at all... So things are actually very good right now.

I definitely miss my DD - I miss just sitting there watching her play and interact and just be her, but DH is going to bring her up for a visit some time this week and we will see how that goes and then determine if she comes back or not - I don't want her to be sad and cry and stuff when she leaves... And you are right - she won't remember this and she will bounce back just fine.

July 26th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh mama, I'm sorry you are on hospital bed rest! But it's best for little Jackson that he bake a little longer! At least the hospital is close by and you can see DH and DD! Lots of hugs mama!

July 26th, 2010, 04:02 PM
~Tiffany~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh no, I'm sorry! I know it must be soo hard, but soo worth it!
July 26th, 2010, 06:54 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I'm sorry about being stuck in the hospital! It sounds like you are making the best of things, which is good And I'm so glad that your DH has stepped up and is doing so well! Hopefully baby Jackson stays put and the next few weeks fly by!

July 26th, 2010, 07:20 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2

I'm sorry you're back in the hospital. Hopefully though, Baby Jackson will stay put and keep growing! Keeping you in my thoughts!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search