My appt....

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2010, 11:24 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So Kaylee is measuring 6lbs 3oz - wahooo!! She is already bigger than DS was at birth he was 5lb's 12oz) My pressures are still high - but steady so my ob is very hopeful for the 36 week goal! He did the fun "swab" today, so we'll see if I have strep B again. And he did do a cervix check - normal his nurse said they do it at 36 but since i'm going to be induced then he wanted to start checks now - still VERY high and VERY closed

All in all a really good appt. The only bummer thing is that i can only take 2 doses of extra strength Tylenol a day for my headache's - bummer
July 26th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like things are mostly great! Way to grow Kaylee!
July 26th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anna&bump View Post

Sounds like a fantastic appointment Alethia!!!! Woo! Kaylee sounds like shes doing great and you are doing as awesome job as ever as baking her! Glad your BP is steady, when are you getting induced then? I know you are but must have missed the date
They typically only do inductions durring the week - they don't like to do them on the weekend - unless it's an emergency...So If we reach my 36 week goal - since it's thurs/friday - i will probably be induced the following Monday -which is August 9th When i asked my ob today so we could do some planning he said when we get closer if we make it there will schedule the date
July 26th, 2010, 11:50 AM
Gemum
YAY for the little lady! She's almost what I weighed at birth

Jay is going crazy mad making my laptop go all over the place and my tiny little yorkie is on my bed snoring.

The 6th is my big day to see whats happening...eek!!
July 26th, 2010, 12:11 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
HOW EXCITING!!!!!!!!!

What an amazing appointment!!!! Kaylee is a little chunkster I love it! I can't believe you will get to hold your precious little girl in like 2 weeks!! August 9th is my next CHECK UP and you'll be HAVING A BABY!! WOW!!!!
Is it hitting you that you will be having your little girl here so soon!?!?!
And HOORAY for the awesome possibility of making it to your goal of 36 weeks! You've done a FANTASTIC job mama!!!
Kaylee should be proud of her strong mommy

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
July 26th, 2010, 12:13 PM
~Tiffany~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WTGrow Kaylee!! How exciting! So glad she is doing well!!!
July 26th, 2010, 12:37 PM
*MomofO&Nat*'s Avatar Kelly, Massachusetts Mama
Yay!! So glad she is growing so big, I hope she continues to bake in there. Sorry about the headaches though, that must be awful!!
Natalie Laura (9/14/10)
Harrison Dean (2/22/13)
Proud Member of the September 2010 Playroom

July 26th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Dreamsinpink2010's Avatar expecting princess #2!!!
Send a message via AIM to Dreamsinpink2010 Send a message via MSN to Dreamsinpink2010
that sounds like a very healthy baby girl! i had GBS one time, and get tested for it in 2 weeks, fun fun!

4 wonderful and handsome princes's, 1 princess and 1 more princess on her way! Due September 9th 2010!!!
Lacey Faith Margaret Leilani- September 13th 2010 9:19am 6 pounds. 3 oz
TTC our 3rd pink bundle

July 26th, 2010, 01:24 PM
-Trish-'s Avatar Mom to 3boys & a Princess
Wonderful news. It's great to hear she is growing so well! Aug. 9th is right around the corner...wowza~

Thank you so much Alethia for my GORGEOUS siggy!!

July 26th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Alethia!! How are you feeling about bringing your baby home in 2 weeks??? This must be so exciting I am glad your appointment went well! Keep on growing baby girl!!!

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
July 26th, 2010, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumii View Post
Alethia!! How are you feeling about bringing your baby home in 2 weeks??? This must be so exciting I am glad your appointment went well! Keep on growing baby girl!!!
I'm super excited - but i still can't believe it too! It's hard to grasp - after having a few losses in a row and then such a rough first trimester and being so paranoid about the 3rd - t's hard to believe she's doing ok in there I can't wait to meet her.

I can't believe we'll all be having babies soon!
July 26th, 2010, 02:05 PM
TXErinC's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay for a great appt! Glad she's growing so well. I can't believe she'll be here in about 2 weeks!
July 26th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Super Mommy
So exciting! Congrats on a good appt. Bake baby bake!
Joyfully expecting #2 in January!

July 26th, 2010, 02:36 PM
lexicon's Avatar formerly SarahRenee
Great appt!! She sounds like she'll be a nice little chunker! My DD was 5 lb 13 oz at 39 weeks I know you can make it to 36 weeks!! Only 2 more weeks... and you'll have your little girl in your arms!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy!
July 26th, 2010, 02:42 PM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
Wahoo! WTG Kaylee

July 26th, 2010, 02:50 PM
VeronicaBride's Avatar Jen
Wow you are going to have your Kaylee so soon!! So exciting. Sounds like a great appointment overall.

July 26th, 2010, 04:35 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I am just grinning from ear to ear!!! It sounds like she's SO big already I remember reading somewhere that if everything looks good, they like baby to be more than 5 pounds to go home, and she's already hit that milestone

Will they do an amnio before inducing to see if her lungs are mature, or will they induce at 36 weeks no matter what (i.e. if your bp is holding steady and you are still closed up tight)

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
July 26th, 2010, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbirds View Post
I am just grinning from ear to ear!!! It sounds like she's SO big already I remember reading somewhere that if everything looks good, they like baby to be more than 5 pounds to go home, and she's already hit that milestone

Will they do an amnio before inducing to see if her lungs are mature, or will they induce at 36 weeks no matter what (i.e. if your bp is holding steady and you are still closed up tight)
Thanks!

I know i can't believe how big she is - that she is bigger than DS already!

If i make it to 36 weeks they won't do amnio to check lung maturity - At the BPP's they've been checking her practice breathing - and she is doing it like a champ! And yes, they will induce at 36 weeks no matter what, is my understanding - even with my blood pressure holding steady - it's high and steady - which can cause stress and reduced blood flow to baby on-top of my SLE which already made me high risk...and paranoid - lol . Since they don't induce on the weekend - i'll be 36 weeks and a few days if the pressures stay where they are.

DS was in the NICU most likely because he was a boy, poor guy - they say that girls always do better at the 35 and 36 week mark and typically just go home.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search