Hemmroids

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2010, 04:47 PM
emmiejack0810's Avatar MELANIE
Who has them and what are you doing about it???????

I have them awful this time (way TMI coming up) that they are swollen and on the outside of the booty hole which just bugs me the crap (no pun intended) out of me... They hurt, itch, etc and I am super scared they aren't going to go away...

Any advice??????????

Thank you BAM for this INCREDIBLE Siggy

July 26th, 2010, 04:52 PM
~Tiffany~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ugh, I'm sorry you have to deal with them.

Somehow, I haven't got them with any of my pregnancies...
July 26th, 2010, 04:57 PM
heathernoel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh! I'm sorry sweetie. No, I have no clue how to help you...but I want you to know that I"m thinking of you.
July 26th, 2010, 05:10 PM
klsfl10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
[QUOTE=misscallie;20990199]they are swollen and on the outside of the booty hole which just bugs me the crap (no pun intended) out of me... They hurt, itch, etc and I am super scared they aren't going to go away...[QUOTE]

It makes me want to cry. I use Tucks pads, Prep H max, Prep H ointment and NOTHING.

July 26th, 2010, 05:21 PM
pbcups10's Avatar Super Mommy
I've had them several times in life including after delivering my son pretty bad. well two weeks ago I got one and it wasn't the usual... it was really swollen and hurt so bad I really couldn't do much of anything. After a week it started bleeding and my OB looked at it at my regular appt. She immediately was like "woah" and sent me over at that very minute to a colo-rectal surgeon. Turns out it was a "thrombosed" hemmorrhoid which I think means the vein inside of it ruptures. Anyways the surgeon advised against removing it at that point since the worst pain was over. It's been a week but it's finally getting smaller. Next time I get one like that I will go directly to the surgeon and not suffer. Nothing worked for me, not prep H, not Tucks pads, not sits baths, the surgeon said the problem with a thrombosed hemorrhoid is on the inside of the skin so nothing topical will help. I almost wrote a thread aboit it but then I got all embarrassed. Hope this helps you.

July 26th, 2010, 05:59 PM
missmich
Have you tried some witch hazel on some cotton pads? That may help soothe them. It's also good for after baby arrives for your lady parts.

Can you try a stool softener to make things a little easier when you do go?
July 26th, 2010, 06:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I also had a thrombosed one-which means that the blood clots inside of the inflamed vein. It got so bad that I woke up on a Saturdday morning and I was crying in pain. I ended up going to the ER. They gave me some suppositories which helped a good deal and then I had to follow up with my OB after the holiday weekednd (so that was back on July 3rd). They gave me some better cream and oh boy did it help a lot. It's still there, it may not fully resolve until I deliver and I don;t have the increased blood volume, but it's definitely smaller and not as purple as it was-which means the clot is smaller.

Since you're already in the hospital, have someone take a look at it. Both the ER doc and my OB doc said it was good that I went to the ER ad had it looked at, as once it is thrombosed, they generally do not go away with OTC meds and will only get worse.
July 26th, 2010, 06:11 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i've had them on and off - and i've used cream...i'm sorry hun! I hope it heals asap!
July 26th, 2010, 10:01 PM
*Ava's Mommy*'s Avatar Naomi
me! got my first one ever last week, it ended up being thrombosed and i had to go to the ER and have it lanced and drained... it hurt so freaking bad.... i still have it, not as bad now though they got the blood clots out, so now i just have to use a medicated cream until it goes away and stool softners are a must now

July 26th, 2010, 10:25 PM
Pupcake74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A stool softner a day helps keep hemroids away.....sorry couldn't help it. I learned my lesson the first time around. Do what ever you can to prevent them.

July 26th, 2010, 10:37 PM
very true! LOL i never forget to take it now. have to be int he ER and have it cut open and drained was the worse pain i've ever had in my life they tried to numb before they started but it didn't work so every time then went to get the bloodclots i felt it and i wanted to go thru the roof..

July 26th, 2010, 10:44 PM
Castaway
I've suffered from these for 10 years, they are a pain right in the a s s no pun intended. I can't remember the name of it but my doctor had prescribed me some cream for them which was amazing! Near instant relief, I would def talk to your doctor about it. However, they WILL go away, once the swelling goes down they will just go back up inside. We ALL have roids, it's just that not all of us, the lucky ones never have to experience them when they drop out so to speak. I hate them and they move me to tears, most likely because when I get them I get anywhere from 3-5 at one time.

July 26th, 2010, 10:45 PM
klsfl10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
There's apparently some sort of softener in my new iron pills but I'm curious do you all take just colace or what do you take? I've got colace for afterwards but if I can take it now...

July 26th, 2010, 10:47 PM
i was taking miralax, but the ER dr put me on colace and that works 100 percent better, and its' avail over the counter so i'll contiune to take that daily in hopes that this never happens again

July 27th, 2010, 08:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Mine is generic colace that they gave me after my little guy's birth. Most days I still take it just in case.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search