Pubic symphysis diastasis

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2010, 08:03 PM
momma_of_4's Avatar Veteran
I'm pretty sure this is what is going on. I just started having some major pain in the left side of my pubic bone. It hurts so bad when I put pressure on my left foot. I've been limping around the house. It's ridiculous. I'm pretty upset about it b/c I can't really do too much. I wonder if it will last until delivery. Are any of you dealing with this kind of pain?

Last edited by momma_of_4; July 26th, 2010 at 08:07 PM. Reason: forgot to add something
July 26th, 2010, 08:20 PM
scunch's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine is the whole front of my pubic bone. I can really tell when I overdo it, it will hurt to put pants on, get up into my car, etc.

July 26th, 2010, 08:26 PM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
Hi, sorry I'm lurking but the topic got me interested. I had the same thing last year and it went unnoticed by the doctors (I mentioned it to my midwife and she said it was normal - a year later I now know it wasn't normal). Anyway, my physical therapist now said that I should have been given an SI belt and crutches for the remainder of my pregnancy. Because I wasn't I now have degenration of my pubic bone and may never run again (a HUGE deal to me since I'm a runner). So talk to your doctor about getting you physical therapy that will show you exercises and fit you with an SI belt and if need be crutches.

Good luck! It's been almost a year and I still have major issues and I only wish my doctor would have been more interested in my pain and not brush it off as a normal pregnancy isssue.
July 26th, 2010, 10:56 PM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i have it, i had it with my son also. sadly my doctor said there isnt a physical therapist around here that can help me with that. It is very very painful. I have had to go out and buy a cane to help me walk when the pain gets to bad and to help me get out of bed. Doctors do seem to like to bush it off as 'normal' pain. I know my doctor I had with my son did that and it wasnt until after i had him that i realized that it was not normal pregnancy pain. sorry your having pain, if it is something you have then no it wont go away until delivery and sometimes can take awhile to get back to normal after that. I would talk to your doctor and see what he/she says about it.

since you said its your left side i am wondering at night do you sleep on your left side? I can no longer sleep laying down because of the hip pain, i have to sleep sitting up.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
July 26th, 2010, 11:00 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i get hip pain but it comes and goes. My sister had what you have for her last pregnancy. I hope it goes away for you!!
July 27th, 2010, 06:58 AM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had it last pregnancy and I can tell it's starting to happen again. Last time at the end, it was so painful that I couldn't even walk. It got better after I delivered. I'm hoping it doesn't get as bad this time.

July 27th, 2010, 07:49 AM
~Constance~
Yes but I didn't realize there was a name for it. My left leg will just give out from the pain. I often can't roll over in bed or sit up because my hip will lock up from the seizing pain and pressure. Hurts so bad I get teary. But it comes and goes so I know it has to do with the baby's position. Mine started early in the second trimester and affects me 2-4 days and nights a week.
I had it with both my other pregnancies and I did recover from it. I'm a runner too but it did take longer than a year to get back to easy movement in the pelvic region.
I think it is "normal" just kinda rare. None of my SIL's had it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search