Interesting doctor's appointment today

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2010, 08:40 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
1. Despite my panic, the NP told me that my weight gain was good.

2. According to her, the baby has dropped. Cervix is closed (she did check), but the baby has dropped. I had noticed it's been easier to breathe and so that makes sense.

3. Acorn is apparently transverse as well. I've noticed some new and stronger movements on my left side lately and that explains it. It also explains why I'm still not feeling any kicks up by my ribs.

Sooooo......what do you think all this means (or does it mean anything at all)?? I'll be 33 weeks on Wednesday!

Last edited by mrsdaiwa24; July 26th, 2010 at 08:50 PM.
July 26th, 2010, 08:48 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I'm glad that she was reassuring about the weight gain! I have no idea at all on what baby dropping means (I mean, I know what it means, but I don't know if it's good or bad or indifferent...did your doctor seem concerned at all?). Also, I'm not sure about the transverse baby either, what did your doctor say about that? I'd assume she would have to flip one way at some point, right? Hopefully someone else has way better info for you...sorry, Amy!

July 26th, 2010, 08:57 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
We both have our bi-weekly appointments on the same day!!!
I think is sounds like a GREAT appointment Amy!!

Weight gain: I know how it feels to be disappointed in the scale, but as long as she thinks its good I guess you don't have to worry!

Baby dropping: IDK about this, but I thought that was normal for around this GA. As long as your cervix is locked up tight, I think it's fine.

Transverse baby: I actually asked my OB about this today. She said at this GA they look at the position, but at this point its not TOO important that the baby must be head down. She said they start to look at this more when you hit about 36 weeks. So I guess at that point your NP will bring it up and discuss what it means with you.

Hooray for a GREAT appointment!!

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]
forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
July 26th, 2010, 10:18 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Great appointment!!! I bet baby is just making room and will flip a bit in just a couple weeks. I can feel him moving around and changing positions, so I know they are still making themselves comfortable.

Looks like everything is going great, Amy! Woo hoo!!!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
July 26th, 2010, 10:47 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
wahoooooo! Sounds like a great appointment! That's nice that baby Acorn is giving you some breathing room!!! Ditto that as long as your cervix is locked it's fine that baby is "dropping" She's just making more room for growing and trying to get comfy. She should still be able to flip and wiggle around a bit to change into the head down position closer to the due date.
July 27th, 2010, 08:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I thought when they said dropping that the baby is heading into your pelvis, so how does that work with baby being transverse?

Glad you didn't get any grief about the weight gain.
July 27th, 2010, 08:15 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Kris~ View Post
I thought when they said dropping that the baby is heading into your pelvis, so how does that work with baby being transverse?

Glad you didn't get any grief about the weight gain.
I wondered about that too but the NP specifically used those two words. I can definitely tell Acorn is lower as it is much easier to breathe but there is more pressure on the lower half of my abdomen. It does explain why I'm not feeling kicks up by my ribs and these weird sensations along my left side. Maybe she just meant that the baby has dropped down lower? Without an u/s, I guess I won't know for sure. I'll get it at 36 weeks and then we'll know for certain. (And by that point, she'll hopefully be head down so it won't matter!)
July 27th, 2010, 11:38 AM
*MomofO&Nat*'s Avatar Kelly, Massachusetts Mama
Congrats on a good appt!! I don't know a lot about dropping, except with Owen it happened a bit later on (I think 35 weeks). I did notice the same thing you did, easier to breathe but a heavier feeling down lower. As long as you stay closed up, i it probably is a good thing with all this humidity that you can breathe easier The only bad thing about transverse is that at some point hopefully, Acorn would flip head down and I find that when a baby is this far along and makes a bigger flipping movement, it tends to hurt a lot (or I am just a wimp) cause well, there is less space to flip. My baby flipped the other day from one side of my uterus to the other and it hurt a lot! It was all humped up on one side with the other side deflated. I hope Acorn just slowly eases her way down so it is not uncomfortable for you!
Natalie Laura (9/14/10)
Harrison Dean (2/22/13)
Proud Member of the September 2010 Playroom

July 27th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Everything sounds great!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search