33 week appointment

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2010, 09:46 PM
aurora94's Avatar Veteran
(I accidentally wrote "333 week appointment" as the title of this message because that's what it feels like!)

The appointment went well. Baby is doing good, I've gained 3kg since the beginning of the pregnancy (about 6lbs) and blood pressure is nice and low. Had to have blood test for anemia and liver/kidney function (routine) and that was fine.

Doc is still concerned about the size of the baby. He says the baby is about 2400g already (about 5.2lbs) and wants me to have the three-hour GTT at my next appointment on the 10th. They do this test in the U.S., but it's not routine in Japan. They only do the fasting test here at 24 weeks, which I passed.

I suggested taking the 3-hour GTT at the last appointment because the doctor expressed his concern at that time, but he wanted to wait until this appointment to determine if I should take it. Unfortunately, I'll already be 35 weeks when they do the test so there's not much I can do to modify diet/exercise before the baby's born, which means that the doctor may recommend a c-section if I don't pass the test.

C-sections are not routinely done here, only for emergencies, so I'm a bit freaked. I shouldn't be thinking of things yet (I haven't even taken the test yet to see if I even have GD!) but I can't help it. Am nervous and the nurse who took my blood at yesterday's appointment was crap so if she's there again, I'm going to have to request someone else since I'll have to have blood taken 4x for the test.

July 26th, 2010, 09:54 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry about the concerns. I hope you pass the 3 hour!! I'll keep all my crossables crossed for you! I know C sections aren't super routine like there are here - but they are trained the same way and they still do have to do several a year - you'll be ok. I know you probably know that logically - and i know it's still hard to be a little freaked out by something that isn't the norm - but you'll be ok!! Glad to hear your pressures were great! Wahooo!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search