Need your opinions ladies! *Update in first post*

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok so I've been sick for well I'm guessing about a week now? I know I was sick a few days before we left..Well I thought it went away after we went on vacation..but it came back while we were gone..and now I'm still sick TMI warning! I've had a lot of diarrhea..and honestly I am trying to keep plenty of fluids down but I keep getting sick and now until the point I can't drink/eat. I have actually had a few times when DH had to help me from the bathroom to our bed because I was just too sick (and he has the stomach bug too!) Well it's the same today..Honestly I don't know what to do anymore! I have a dr's appointment tomorrow morning..but I am wondering if I should call them today..I am really concerned about the weakness I've been getting due to dehydration (or at least I'm assuming thats what is causing it)..even though I am still trying to keep fluids down..

Should I wait till I see her tomorrow or call today before her office closes?

So I'm finally home 7 hrs later..well needless to say I was dehydrated like I thought so they started giving me IV fluids..well not a second after she got my IV in i got horrible chest pains..(really unbearable..worse than heartburn has been) and my head started to hurt..and to top it off I started to throw up..well they gave me medicine right away..And Iris HB was normal and she started moving when the monitors were put on her. I did have contractions when I had the episode..Those went away..and honestly I don't remember much about some of my visit because the medicine they gave me for my chest. It was like a dream. They talked to my dr and she wanted me to stay overnight..but agreed to let me go home if someone else picked me up ( I drove myself to the hospital..) well at first I couldn't find anyone..well DH found a way to get to me and 7 hours later I was able to leave.

My dr repeated numerous times to the nurse that she wanted to see me tomorrow. I already have an appointment so I will see her at 10. Ugh I hope she doesn't try to put me on bedrest. Though the episode I had was scary and I thought I was going to be in real trouble

Last edited by cadencesmommy07; July 27th, 2010 at 06:16 PM.
July 27th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
If you can go into L&D and make sure that you are not having contractions. They would also be about to set you up with and IV.

Good luck i hope you feel better soon.
July 27th, 2010, 10:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Going to L&D Ladies. Iris doesn't seem to be moving as much lately plus I am having hard time keeping myself hydrated. Will update later
July 27th, 2010, 10:46 AM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
Thinking of you!!! I hope everything is ok with you and baby! Keep us posted!!

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]
forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
July 27th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Good idea about going to L&D. You have been sick for way too long. Keep us posted... all the best!
July 27th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Go today!!!! Dehydration is nothin to play with!!!
July 27th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Momma-J's Avatar Teach Empathy!
You can never be too careful! let us know!

Blessed Beyond Measure!
Hailey 17, Hollyn 15, Harper 12
Hudson 6, Holden 4 & Haddyn 2
July 27th, 2010, 01:50 PM
MonkeyBugMommy's Avatar Brooke
Send a message via Yahoo to MonkeyBugMommy
I had the same thing a couple months ago. I went to L&D and got an IV of fluids and nausea meds and felt much better. I hope everything goes well for you at L&D and that you're feeling better soon!
July 27th, 2010, 01:58 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'd give them a call. What they say is after 24 hours of not being able to keep fluids in you need to go in and get some, so you don't get too dehydrated. Feel better!!
July 27th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Dreamsinpink2010's Avatar expecting princess #2!!!
Send a message via AIM to Dreamsinpink2010 Send a message via MSN to Dreamsinpink2010
i had a stomach bug when i was about 12 weeks and it was awful! then i got another one a few weeks ago from my nephew. my kids ped said there is a nasty stomach bug going around now too.
i hope you feel better fast and can get some meds to help with that

4 wonderful and handsome princes's, 1 princess and 1 more princess on her way! Due September 9th 2010!!!
Lacey Faith Margaret Leilani- September 13th 2010 9:19am 6 pounds. 3 oz
TTC our 3rd pink bundle

July 27th, 2010, 02:09 PM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
hope you are ok!
July 27th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Updated ladies
July 27th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry about the bad experience at the hospital. I am glad you get to sleep at home. Fingers crossed for no bed rest. KUP.
July 27th, 2010, 06:33 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
I hope you can get some sleep tonight -- at least you'll be at home. I hope you don't have to go back on bed rest!
July 27th, 2010, 08:46 PM
ginnkneephur's Avatar Rainbows and Sunshine
I'm glad you got to go home but you better take it easy. We will all be looking for an update tmw. I hope you get to feeling much better very fast.
July 27th, 2010, 09:49 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I'm glad that you got to go home, keep us posted after your apt. tomorrow! I hope that you can avoid bed rest!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search