How do you ladies on best rest do it?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2010, 11:46 AM
*Ava's Mommy*'s Avatar Naomi
I'm going stir crazy!!! and it's only day one.. *sigh* luckily i'm not on bed rest, per say i jus thave to take it easy as i can't walk very far so i can still do a few thing around the house a little at a time but i'm a person tha tneeds to be on the go and doing something at all times... this is going to be a verrrrry long 9.5 weeks!

July 27th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I hear you there....
First two days were a shock for me...day three I felt bad for myself and cried from having a horrible back pain... day four I started getting used to the idea for not being able to do anything for the next 3.5 ( hopefully ) weeks.
I have created a routine for myself. I cannot help to wake up early. I am up between 6 - 7 am. I eat my breakfast and go back to sleep. I try to sleep till 10 and then spend a couple of hours searching the web. And so on.. all day long... TV series are saving me, some reading, planning things in my head and counting down days. My next highlight is Friday. It is pretty pathetic to be looking forward to the cervix check.. but I can't help it ..lol
At first I was very careful and tried to do exactly what my doctor said - rest on my left side. Now I realize that it is simply impossible.. so I rotate my sides and back with giving more preference to the left side of course.
I just understood that feeling bad for myself is not going to help. It is a different type of life. Today I was kinda happy that I don't have to go to work anymore. It took me almost a week to get to this point. I love my job!!!
I have my ups and downs. Right now I am on an up moment... My responses will be completely different when I hit the bottom..
22 days to go...

Hang in there mama! You are at 30 weeks right now, it means that you might be kept off yoiur feet until you hit 36. It is this way for me... I hope you doctor has the same set of mind!

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.

Last edited by Kumii; July 27th, 2010 at 12:05 PM.
July 27th, 2010, 12:12 PM
emmiejack0810's Avatar MELANIE
I know exactly how you feel; unfortunately I ended up in the hospital --- at least I have nurses and docs to keep me company when friends and family aren't visiting...

I watch a lot of tv, do a lot of find a word puzzles, FB, baby blog, and webcam...

Hope you aren't too bored for too long....

Thank you BAM for this INCREDIBLE Siggy

July 27th, 2010, 01:46 PM
lovely_serendipity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It has been very annoying for me. I am just the type of person who likes to do things myself. I feel guilty asking someone to wait on me and do things for me, sooo bed rest has been hard on me.
July 27th, 2010, 01:49 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
lots of netflix, TV, JM, FB....lol, and luckily i've been able to work a little from home so that helps. I know the stir crazy feeling! Hang in there!
July 27th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Veteran
Creating a routine is the best thing I've found. It makes you feel like you've still got some structure to your day. I've been on bed rest for 12 weeks now and I've got another about another 5 weeks to go (if I make it that far).

Internet, word searches, tv, sleep... and I try not to think about it. I just live in the moment and take each day as it comes. If I were to really think about the time and how much bedrest i've done or have left, I would go insane. LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search