Pity Party table for 1!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Lauraubie's Avatar Super Mommy
So I "passed" my 1 hour glucose test a month or so ago. Well, I considered it passing. The doctor calls it borderline. I was a 139. 140 is the cutoff. But he went on and on about how in other parts of the world 130 is the cutoff. So if I would have gone to a different doctor I would have failed. So they said I had to retake the 1 hour test later in pregnancy. Well, I did yesterday and this time I freakin failed. 148. Are you kidding me?!! So now I have to do the 3 hour.

I know, I know, not a huge deal. Certainly not the end of the world. But man am I pissy about it. I am tired of drinking that crappy surgary drink and sitting in a lab waiting to get stabbed (poked, lol) with a needle.

I guess now I need to find a doctor that says 150 is the cutoff. Just kidding

I feel better now that I got that out.

Custom Photo Cards & Invitations ~ Peek at my Website ~ Like me on Facebook
July 27th, 2010, 12:33 PM
SSgt_Wifey_USMC
lol i don't get if you are borderline why they'd even make you take it again. my vote is they wanna torture you. Hopefully the retake is your last and final time esp. drinking that nasty stuff. Although i admit that orange color one isn't to bad when its ice cold. with this pregnancy i had the red one(YUCK times a million), i assume its fruit punch
July 27th, 2010, 12:35 PM
ameriguat
That 3 hour one is a LOT sweeter than the 1 hour!!! The after taste is NASTY and I had the fruit punch both times. The orange makes me sick.
July 27th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am sooo sorry, look at the bright side we are so close to the end!!!
July 27th, 2010, 12:56 PM
uvatigger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
GOod luck
and just remember you only have a few more weeks!!!

July 27th, 2010, 02:02 PM
MonkeyBugMommy's Avatar Brooke
Send a message via Yahoo to MonkeyBugMommy
Ugh! How annoying! I had to take the one hour twice AND the three hour twice. The first time I failed the 1 hour by one number, so he had me take the 3 hour. I passed the 3 hour, but my fasting number was one over the cutoff. So, 1 hour test again and I passed but was one number under the cutoff... SO, he made me take the three hour again and I finally, officially passed with flying colors! I think he was trying to get me to fail!

I hope you pass the three hour test!
July 27th, 2010, 02:04 PM
Veteran
I guess I got lucky. My OB's cut off is 140 and I squeaked by with 138 and didn't have to retake. UGH.. .that sucks...
July 27th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Shawnda's Avatar Mommy of four
I feel your pain!
I got a 136 for the one hour and my doc's. consider anything below 135 passing. I threw a fit about taking the 3 hour, when I did take it my sugars were completely normal
Glad this is my last baby as I would refuse the test completely if it weren't.
July 27th, 2010, 03:43 PM
sassysarah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's frustrating. Hopefully you will pass the 3 hr test no problem.

July 27th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
I hope you pass!!! I wonder, how many people here failed the 3 hour? I know there were a few =(
July 27th, 2010, 07:32 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Hopefully you pass with no issues! How frustrating! Or just keep postponing the test until you go into labor

July 27th, 2010, 07:52 PM
ginnkneephur's Avatar Rainbows and Sunshine
Good luck on the 3 hr. It made me so sick with Zakkary. Luckily I passed my 1 hour this time around. Yay!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search