Can I just scream for a minute??

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2010, 12:31 PM
Carebear102103's Avatar Mom of Many
Ok so people are so so stupid!!! We were at my grandmothers today by the pool and I look over to find my 1 1/2 year old eating pb I nicely ask my aunt who is holding her if that is pb and she looks at me like a have 5 heads and says yes. I didnt freak out like I wanted to and cause I big fuss but I wanted to rip her head off!! (pregnancy hormones much?) They all act like I'm crazy for avoiding pb till age 2 and that they have never heard of that before. I have only told them a gazillion times this year and atleast once a week...Everytime we are swimming at my grandparents I'm reminding them. Gosh! I'm at home now and she is napping it has been over an hour and a half some I'm assuming she will be fine. Non of her older brother/sisters have had any problems but its the whole idea. The aunt didnt even apologize or anything just acts like i'm an overprotective freak(so what if I am ) But everything I'm looking up says top avoid untill age 3 even because she has such bad eczema...never heard of that before the Pedi has always told me age 2. So I keep going in to check on her every 10 min or so cause I'm such a worry wort She has me so mad!

More ranting....This lady thinks she is better than most of my family and comes up from Florida to visit every summer and now we are all counting down the days untill she leaves like we do every year. She was screaming at my grandmother today to over something so silly. I have just about had it. I bite my tongue and dont say much cause I dont want to cause a fuss and upset my grandparents but these hormones and the heat are not a good combination and one of these days she is gonna hear it! She says stupid things about "poor Kiera"(my oldest) and how hard it is on her to have so many sibling and she(the aunt) knows how she feels...blah blah blah Trying to make my daughter feel bad or like she needs to get away from them for "alone time" If anyone knows what my daughter is feeling its me and my husband and she has her own space and she loves being a big sister and is thrilled we are having another. My family just has issues with the amount of kids we have because its not normal I guess She is the same lady who says in front of my kids to there cousin whos little brother was having a fit " Just be glad you only have one brother" Why say that?? And today she said to my kids...have fun now only one more month till the baby is here...hide all your toys. This lady is nuts!

Ok I think I got everything of my chest and feel a bit better Thanks for letting me vent girls
July 27th, 2010, 01:03 PM
lovely_serendipity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
lol Oh No!!!! I would def be mad about the pb...i mean ok so she is fine BUT what if she wasn't???? What is she had a bad reaction and had to go to the hospital or worse happened. Would ur aunt think u were over protective then?????? U are right who cares if u are over protective because HEY GUESS WHAT?!?!?! They are ur kids...u gave birth to them and its ur right to raise them how u see fit and be as over protective as u want!!!!

How dare she try to make ur oldest feel like that!!! I mean it is true that someday she may decide she wants some alone time but I have no doubts that if she expresses that to u and ur husband will help her in any way u can to have that time. Since when is coming from a big family such a bad thing. I think it teaches one more responsibility...not to mention it gives them more patience and more of a nurturing side.... however that's just how I see it maybe.

I can see why u needed to vent those things would annoy me too. I feel sorry for the person who ever tries to tell me how i should be raising my child lol because i know I can have a bad attitude!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search