Does anyone remember....

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2010, 02:03 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
...what it was like having a flat(ter) stomach??!

Yesterday I was looking at DH's pics on his iPhone and I was like "WOW! My tummy was small!" (BTW if you would have asked me if I thought I had a small tummy BEFORE I was pregnant... I would have said "No Way!")

Looking at before pictures mystifies me! I can't remember what it was like NOT having a HUGE belly!

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]
forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
July 27th, 2010, 02:09 PM
lovely_serendipity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
haha well im not quite used to the bump...im still confused when i find spaces that i cant squeeze through anymore...i have bumped my belly(lightly not hard lol) when i try to reach for things on the desk...or on the counter when reaching for something in cabinets...or so on. I'm just not used to how far i stick out yet. I figures by the time i get used to it I will have the baby.
July 27th, 2010, 03:00 PM
~SavedbyGrace~'s Avatar ~Nichole~
I just had dream last night that I had a flat tummy again! I had just had the baby and my stomach was flat again right away! AHAHAHAHA, wouldn't that be nice!!
July 27th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Dreamsinpink2010's Avatar expecting princess #2!!!
Send a message via AIM to Dreamsinpink2010 Send a message via MSN to Dreamsinpink2010
its been awhile for me since i had a flat tummy! last time it was totally flat was in 2006 and i just kept having babies! but i think i will take a bigger break this go round!

4 wonderful and handsome princes's, 1 princess and 1 more princess on her way! Due September 9th 2010!!!
Lacey Faith Margaret Leilani- September 13th 2010 9:19am 6 pounds. 3 oz
TTC our 3rd pink bundle

July 27th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Pupcake74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LOL....DH and I don't take showers together so much these days. There's no room for us to switch places.

July 27th, 2010, 03:59 PM
amymgem's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think about this a lot actually! I see pictures and miss my flatter stomach, but more so just feeling comfortable! I look forward to getting back in shape-but I'm with you-I never would have said I had a flat stomach before, it's just that it feels so big now!
July 27th, 2010, 04:03 PM
~Constance~
Every time I see my pics in my my bump thread it feels surreal. It was so much easier making the mental adjustment to a big ole tummy this time around. Maybe I'm just in a better mood with this one and I have been enjoying the whole process more.
I miss my cute flat tummy though. I know DH does too and knowing he does makes me miss it more so I try not to think about it.
July 27th, 2010, 04:11 PM
Gemum
I sooooooooooooo miss my figure. I love being like this too and knowing i'm nurturing my little boy but man, I don't feel anywhere near as cute. DEFFO not sexy!! I went off on one tonight, because Steven and I were watching dating in the dark and this thin gorgeous woman comes out in her bikini, and I was like ARGH STOP PERVING ON HER!!!! Went in a total huff with him

I WANT IT BACK
July 27th, 2010, 04:35 PM
lovely_serendipity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupcake74 View Post
LOL....DH and I don't take showers together so much these days. There's no room for us to switch places.
This made me laugh because I know what u mean. FOB and I only take showers together at his house now days because he has one of those huge...glass walls...u could fit like almost 4 people in it showers. I can't believe my bump could prevent me from taking a shower with him in a normal shower. The bump takes some getting used to and I'm still not used to it but I do kinda love it... I will miss it and all the lil kicks and stuff!!!
July 27th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
I know somewhere in the last year I had a decent belly...easily wore a two piece and I was 35 years old...

And I know I'll do it again, there are skinny moms with babies at the pool all over the place...

But for right now I'm the one they're aiming their harpoons at. Keith says they do stare, in wonderment. (I know when I'm not pregnant I stare in wonderment, too.)

When he sees a hot woman (even if she weighs 300 pounds, as long as she IS NOT PREGNANT) and he says they are attractive I want to tell him I hate him for making me ugly and fat.

I'll miss the belly when it's gone...I always do...but OMG I know I was skinny...and I can't really remember it though.
July 27th, 2010, 05:53 PM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelli4188 View Post
(BTW if you would have asked me if I thought I had a small tummy BEFORE I was pregnant... I would have said "No Way!")
Ditto!!! After being this huge I'm going to feel super skinny when I walk out of the hospital

July 27th, 2010, 07:47 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
I look at pictures from last summer and am amazed at the change! I do love my baby belly, but I definitely miss sleeping on a flat tummy at night!
July 27th, 2010, 07:53 PM
J9+J+C=Complete's Avatar Charlotte & Jacob's Mommy
I totally miss sleeping on my belly
July 27th, 2010, 08:19 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
it's hard to remember - but boy do i miss it - and ditto on missing sleeping on my tummy!
July 27th, 2010, 08:24 PM
ardisbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
YES! I was looking at my eight week belly pic the other day and remembering how I felt a little embarrassed thinking I was chubby. What was I thinking? I can't wait to look like that again!

July 27th, 2010, 09:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I do not remember my tight pre-preggo belly, but I know I will get it back!! How easily we forget nice things!

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
July 27th, 2010, 10:47 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I can't actually remember having a flat tummy, but I was at a BBQ Saturday night dancing with my friend and feeling like a manatee and thinking this is so dumb...there is no point in even moving my body because I'm not even remotely sexy. And I miss being able to feel cute and sexy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search