Has anyone developed....

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2010, 02:40 PM
lovely_serendipity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
any pregnancy induced carpel tunnel????

I noticed that the three fingers on my right hand were starting to be tingly and numb during the day... then all of the sudden i would wake up in the middle of the night with the worst burning pain going from my fingers...down my hand...all the way up to my elbow.

I thought that maybe my arm just got up under me and cut off circulation. so I tried making sure my arm stayed straight and not under me but i would still wake up with the pain. My mom said it sounded like carpel tunnel...so i started wearing her wrist brace and sure enough it has fixed it.

When i spoke with my doctor about it he said its common. He told me that the swelling causes pressure on the nerve and either gives the person carpel tunnel or makes a light care of it way worse.

Sooo I was wondering if its so common if anyone else has had something similar happening to them???
July 27th, 2010, 02:50 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I havent - but i've read that it's pretty common esp in the 3rd trimester!
July 27th, 2010, 02:56 PM
klsfl10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've had it for about a month...the nighttime braces I got just made it worse so I just wear a light brace only on my right wrist when I'm working (all computer work). I have to have DBF open sodas for me, lol, since I can't grasp things very well some days but the light brace seems to help alot.

July 27th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Dreamsinpink2010's Avatar expecting princess #2!!!
Send a message via AIM to Dreamsinpink2010 Send a message via MSN to Dreamsinpink2010
i do! i actually got it at 25 weeks. i felt like my arm and the three fingers were numb and tingly and they stayed that way for a week
then it switched arms. i never had it with my other kids either

4 wonderful and handsome princes's, 1 princess and 1 more princess on her way! Due September 9th 2010!!!
Lacey Faith Margaret Leilani- September 13th 2010 9:19am 6 pounds. 3 oz
TTC our 3rd pink bundle

July 27th, 2010, 03:02 PM
~SavedbyGrace~'s Avatar ~Nichole~
I don't have it this pregnancy, but I did last one. I think it's fairly common. Luckily, my went away fairly quick after delivery. It's no fun, thats for sure! Hope yours goes away quickly too!
July 27th, 2010, 03:09 PM
ginnkneephur's Avatar Rainbows and Sunshine
I have barely been able to feel two of my fingers and the side of my left hand for about 7 weeks. I can't stand it. Seriously it's super annoying.

July 27th, 2010, 03:37 PM
The Heather's Avatar Jedi Master of Piffleness
Thankfully I haven't gotten that with either of my pregnancies. I have read that it is very common. I'm glad the brace helps you!

July 27th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Pupcake74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ya I have noticed it at night about a week or so ago. Now I think its running into my days... It's really annoying!

July 27th, 2010, 03:49 PM
lovely_serendipity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes its super annnoying and the brace helps at night but it annoys me to wear it all day lol ok I was just seeing if I was a weirdo or not. Glad to know it goes away pretty soon after delivery!!!
July 27th, 2010, 04:47 PM
sassysarah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had it badly with my son and it was so annoying and painful. This time around I've only had a little bit of numbness when I spend too much time using the mouse at my computer. It does go away pretty quickly after you have the baby.

July 27th, 2010, 10:52 PM
Wifey2Jordan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't had it this time, but I did have it last time. It was annoying, but mine went away pretty quick after my DS was born.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search