Don't have time to exercise :(

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2010, 01:26 AM
tasheroo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Between taking care of the baby, cleaning the house, working, sleeping, and going to college, I have no time to exercise. One the days I work I wake up, get what homework I can done and then get ready and head to work. When I get home I help take care of Thor, finish my class work for the day and then go to bed. On the days I don't work I spend most of the time taking care of Thor, catching up on much needed sleep, housework and class work. Since I don't have time to actually exercise I have started cutting back on what I eat. Well to be honest I am just not hungry at all. Maybe once a day I am hungry enough to eat something and it usually isn't much. Monday I had a salad, yesterday I had a junior burger at work, today I ate 1/3 of a KFC bowl. That is all I can eat. I have no appetite at all. I am feeling so weak and tired but I just can't fit any more than that in my belly. I am hoping having the next couple days off and being out of town visiting my family I can eat some and exercise with my sister when she does her workout in the mornings.

July 29th, 2010, 06:16 AM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
You need to have a well-balanced diet (WW is a great program that teaches healthy habits).
If you are spending time with Thor, take him on a stroll...even if it is for 10 minutes. Getting you BOTH out of the house is good and you are getting some cardio and strength training in by pushing the stroller. Over time, just build up your pace if you can. At work, walk on your lunch break. I get an hour lunch, so I walk 30 minutes and pump/eat the other 30 minutes. When I get home, I take care of what I need to and give Lilyan attention, then I lift weights while she hangs out (yesterday she watched me some and even smiled at me). It takes about 10-15 minutes for weights. Its nothing hard core, but I am trying to tone and just do what I can for now.
I realize its hard and I can imagine with going to school on top of it all. Oh, you could park your car far from the building and walk. Just some suggestions...I know its tough! I wish I had more time to jog, but I really only get a chance on the weekends until we get in a better routine.

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
July 29th, 2010, 06:22 AM
momtothe3rdpower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree, if you can't achieve what you want with exercise, you need a better diet. Even if you don't feel hungry, I think choosing more whole fresh foods would up your energy level. I would strongly suggest you somehow find at least 23 minutes in your hectic schedule most days to exercise (think about your longevity, you need to be healthy for Thor in the future)
July 29th, 2010, 02:47 PM
SpydrMnky27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Can you find 10 minutes 3x through out the day? Maybe do some lunges and squats while holding Thor? Do you have stairs in your house? Dance around while doing housework? It all adds up, I swear! I definitely agree with the diet. Even if you aren't hungry, try to put something in your stomach, like a handful of nuts or string cheese. My mood and energy levels are affected mostly by what I'm eating. I know we are tired and drained but we only make it worse when we don't take care of ourselves. You can do it Mama!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search