Help!! Need work out advice.

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 7th, 2010, 06:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok ladies, help me out. I want to exercise but feel like i can't find time. I have a 4 year and 2 year old that are quite crazy, The younger has no fear and doesnt listen at all, the older feeds off this and antaganizes his brother to be bad. So outings with me and the 3 kids is not really an option. I don't have anyone to watch them while I exercise either cause I use "babysitter" time to shower, grocery shop, balance the check book, ect. I have 17 lbs left to lose before I'm pre-baylee wieght, and another 13 to 18 before I'm at my goal weight. Any advice on exercises I can do?

August 7th, 2010, 08:16 AM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When I have days like that I kinda tweak the routine. Like when I wash clothes I will go down in the basement get the clean clothes out of the dryer and put the wet in the dryer, I go back up stairs and get the dirty and back down to the basement. It makes for and extra trip for every load. I also have a 15minute work out that I "try" to do a couple of times a week.
Also try to get out and go for walks. Your kids will love it and it does get easier the more you do it. If you don't have a double stroller just do it the way I did, wear the baby, put the 2 year old in the stroller, and the 4 year old can walk. It seems hard but in practice it is truly easy. Also start taking all of the kids to the grocery store. That will free up some babysitter time to maybe go to the gym. Because Mommy remember you are still important too! Think about if you trade the hassle of taking the kids to the store (believe me I get it I have 7, 5, 2 and the baby) for some time just for you, YOU ARE WORTH IT!

August 7th, 2010, 09:45 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would say walks, if you could put the 2 older ones in a double stroller and wear Baylee? I usually take one or both kids with me when I go for walks or a jog. also how about just running around the yard with the older kids while the little one sleeps? play tag or something LOL.... I also always do abs or lift weights after the kids are in bed and I am watching tv. it is definately hard to balance working out and everything else so I definately understand! just find a plan and stick to it! you can do it!
August 7th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies those are great idea! I guess my real issue is excuses!! Its great to know I have support here! I have a wii fit too and i do sometimes just put the baby in her swing, the 2 year old in the high chair and let my 4 year old just play, I tell them mommys exercising and i dont want any interuptions! Ha it never works though :/
Ok goal for the week... get the kiddos out and get a walk in. Plus start doing some type of crunches when the kids go to bed.

August 7th, 2010, 02:12 PM
SpydrMnky27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If I can't get to the gym, I try to get 10 minute spurts of exercise 3x during the day and it will be just like a 30 minute workout. I just turn the music on and dance around silly with my son. I'll add some jumping jacks, squats, burpees etc. My 4 year old LOVES it! Maybe something like that could work for you along with taking walks with your kids.
August 7th, 2010, 04:22 PM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I highly recommend the 10-Minute Solutions DVD series. I've been using the Target Toning for Beginners and the Cardio one for several years now. Its great cause you can get a quick workout in 10 minutes at a time, which is all I really have sometimes. Or if you have more time, you can stack different segments together. They are the only workout DVDs I've been able to stick with since I have a really short attention span.

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my siggy!

August 11th, 2010, 06:12 AM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
walks are a good way to get some exercise in, especially if you bring the stroller....that hads some upper body strength training. Plus, it will get you all some fresh air.

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search