How is everyone doing??

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 11th, 2010, 06:17 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So we haven't had an update thread in a while....How is everyone doing with their diet and exercise routines? any weight loss.....

I am down 2 lbs, I continue to lift weights and walk most days and I have cut out all junkfood and don't eat any snacks after dinner. I am feeling better and leaner however my prepreggo clothes still don't fit right but I feel like I am on the right track.

How is everyone else?
August 11th, 2010, 06:25 AM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
Doing good. I have one bad day a week it seems like....ugh! I am down 4.4 lbs. I walk 30 minutes a day at lunch, do weights and core exercises at least 3 times a week, and I get one jog in on the weekend. I am also doing weight watchers. I think I am doing well though.

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
August 11th, 2010, 07:50 AM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm starting to see some progress. I'm down about 1.5 pounds from my 15 I need to lose. Last week I started running again. The first run was so hard! But the other day I was able to run almost a whole mile with much less pain, and that felt incredible. I am going to keep up with my running 3 times a week. I have also been doing ab exercises and am seeing a huge difference from just those alone. I walk just about everyday from anywhere between 30-60 minutes too. (although its been very short lately due to the intense heat). Diet-wise I am doing better. I am trying not to snack as much and make better choices. This is the hardest part since I am constantly hungry from breastfeeding.

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my siggy!

August 11th, 2010, 11:19 AM
ChoMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Am I the only one that hasn't worked out yet & is eating whatever comes my way? LOL

August 11th, 2010, 12:46 PM
^^ha well my fav jeans make me feel like a stuffed sausage so it was time to get down to business for real LOL
August 11th, 2010, 01:21 PM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am having a bit of a hard time not eating what I want and not getting in the exercise. I have every intention of getting some in every day, but there are always things that prevent it.

I am signing Noelle up for swim lessons that will start in September, so if nothing else the thought/sight of me in a swimsuit should get my rear in gear.
August 11th, 2010, 04:09 PM
ChoMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmiejo View Post
^^ha well my fav jeans make me feel like a stuffed sausage so it was time to get down to business for real LOL
Mine too LOL but I can't seem to get motivated to work out. I am still up 5lbs but seems like my butts/thighs are about 10x's bigger than before! I probably shouldn't be eating crappy but I am

August 11th, 2010, 06:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've lost 3 lbs in the last two weeks. I still have 15 to go to get to pre-pregnancy weight.

I'm not exercising exactly, but James will not let me sit down or relax in any way whatsoever, so I burn my calories just by walking him around the house all day and then playing with DD during my "spare moments". As for my diet, I just cut out junk food and pop.
August 11th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Mom to K, J, and H
My workouts have stopped completely. I set my alarm for 4:45am every morning and sleep right through them. Starting Monday I am switching from the P90X to the 30 Day Shred. I figure I can get that 20 minutes in either before school or after the kids go to bed.

Diet-wise I am doing well. I am on WW and stick really close to my daily points. I have also cut out most fast food.
August 11th, 2010, 09:57 PM
SpydrMnky27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, I've been slackin on the workouts at the gym but I have been trying to do squats and lunges at home. It's not as fun but it better than nothing.

As far as diet goes, I've gone back to my favorite that always brings results. Atkins. I am down 2lbs in 3 days. My energy level is through the roof and I buttoned up a pair of jeans with ease that I couldn't do last week. I love eating low carb. It works. The first 2 weeks are brutal but is not the whole diet. You eventually end up eating whole grains,fruits and veggies. No more sugar or white starches though.
August 12th, 2010, 05:21 AM
^^Basically with the GD diet I was on during pregnancy I was doing the Atkins, little to no carbs, no sugar, high protein. I could tell while preggo that it definately worked because I didn't gain much with either pregnancy. I just have a hard time sticking to it when I don't have the diabetes I just wish my butt and hips would shrink, blah LOL I should try atkins and see what happens.

Good work ladies keep at it! and Anna keep eating LOL, I am sure you are a skinny mini anyway
August 13th, 2010, 08:53 AM
kellysensei's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't weighed myself in 10 days or so but I assume I have about five pounds to go. Just enough to make most of my pants not fit yet. My jeans, anyway. I better try on my work pants this weekend to see if I need to go out and buy a couple new pairs to get my through September.

Workouts are going well. I've been doing the 30-day shred, a kickboxing bootcamp 10-minute solutions DVD, and the treadmill. Jogging for more than a couple minutes is still hard but the cardio workouts have been surprisingly easy. I'm also doing at least 50 sit-ups a day but still feel super flabby.

Diet-wise, I'm doing well but not as well as I could be.

Evan James (2/18/12) and Gabriel Anthony (6/5/10)

August 29th, 2010, 06:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilMonkey80 View Post
Am I the only one that hasn't worked out yet & is eating whatever comes my way? LOL

I try so hard to diet and exercise but I get such little sleep and spend so much time on the go between work and school and the kids. I know its all excuses and everyday I wake up with the intention to do better but I just dont! I know if I ate better I'd feel better and have more energy but by the time I am eating I am so hungry I grab whatevers fast! UGH!! I have not lost a pound all month and actually gained a couple back. 17 to go before my pre-preggo weight, 30 total till my "goal" but I dont see it in my near future. I guess its always taken me a while to lose all the weight, i was just starting to get back into shape when I got preggo...
My BMI now falls well into the overweight catagory

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search