Walk this baby out challenge!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 14th, 2010, 04:50 PM
~Constance~
I'm such an idiot ladies. I've been in so much pain the last few days. I couldn't even roll over in bed or get out of the bed last night without my entire left leg freezing up in agony. So I spent the early morning hours out on the couch trying not to cry as I felt the baby punch, squirm and twist in my pelvis for hours.
And then I realized that I'd been feeling kicks all over my front the last few days, not just the right side. Duh, the baby moved to posterior for a few days! Thank God after all that agony this morning I got to go to my pedicure. Perfect day for the massage chair! The baby is definitely back to vertex because my walk was just wonderful. Just a little pressure but no pain. Oh thank you God!
So 16 minutes done each walking and the ball!
I ran into my neighbor on my walk and she was quick to guess girl and then changed her mind to boy. Girl is apparently carrying high, which I am, but boy is carrying all in the front, which I am. Tricky! The girls at the pedicure place all guessed boy.
I'm starting to get really excited about the surprise again!
August 15th, 2010, 08:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry about the pain, but I'm glad it's better now Constance.

I had some lower abdmen pain the other day too when I was waling so I slowed down to a snail's pace (2.8)

I skip walking on the weekends, but plan to walk tomorrow. Our temps are supposed to be lower, so I hope to walk outside with the boys.
August 15th, 2010, 05:02 PM
~Constance~
Just got in my 18 minutes each. Had to fit the walk in between rain storms. I don't mind just rain but they called for thunderstorms so I waited it out. We ended up with no "storm", just rain. Oh well. Still a nice walk.
Some tightness and pressure low but holding under my belly seemed to help that. I think I'll pull out my belly band for some additional support tomorrow.
5 days in a row and I'm already feeling more confident and fit for labor!
August 15th, 2010, 07:50 PM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
So after an 8 day hiatus from walking...I'M BACK and joining you ladies.

I was getting over a sinus infection, but feel much better after 4 days on a zpac.

Walking partner and I did 3 miles in 45 minutes tonight and I felt like one great big giant braxton hicks contraction for most of it. Not uncomfortable, just tight. Sweat my booty off though. When we got done at 9pm, it was still 96 degrees. YUK!

My goal is to walk 8-9 a week. I can do two 3 milers with walking partner, but when I am here by myself on the treadmill on the weekends, I usually just do 2. Maybe starting at 37 weeks (which is just 2 weeks away), I'll start doing 2 miles a day regardless.

NICE TO BE WITH YA LADIES!

August 16th, 2010, 05:36 AM
~Constance~
WTG Amanda! Glad you're feeling better.
August 16th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Gosh Amanda, I don't know how you walk at that pace! That's normal pace for me NOT pregnant!
August 16th, 2010, 12:19 PM
~Constance~
Have you noticed that your stride is shorter? I usually do a 15 minute mile but now I'm doing a 17-19 minute mile. My stride is so much shorter now. I'm taking a lot more steps for the distance than my usual. My belly swings from side to side causing me to waddle ridiculously at any faster speed or longer stride.
August 16th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
If I'm outside, I'm pushing the stroller with at least 55 lbs of kids in it if it's the 2 little boys or else 70 lbs if it's my boys. I think my stride is shorter and I just can't move my legs as quickly as before. But I figure any walking is better than none. I think not being able to pump my arms because of pushing the stroller makes a difference.

I just took my boys for a 4 mile walk. I was only planning to walk 2 miles, but they both fell asleep within the first mile, so I took advantage and went farther. I should sleep well tonight.
August 16th, 2010, 05:08 PM
~Constance~
Whoa, that's awesome, Kris! Pushing a stroller must make the walk so much more intense.
Got in my 20 minutes each today. It was hot walking but I really enjoyed being out by myself in the evening air.
August 17th, 2010, 09:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Just got back from a 2 mile walk outside.
August 17th, 2010, 05:14 PM
~Constance~
22 minute walk and ball time done. I must have walked at a fantastic pace because it was almost 1.5 miles.
It's getting darker earlier and my walks are getting longer so I need to leave earlier each night.
I just looked at the calender and my goal of adding two minutes each day. If I make it to my due date I'll be walking 48 minutes that night. Wow.
Hopefully all this walking is doing something!
August 17th, 2010, 06:04 PM
So I am supposed to be walking tonight with my walking partner. Two text, one phonecall and I can get a hold of her. I hope everything is okay, because this is really not like her. Now I sit in my workout clothes and tennis shoes just waiting.
Can't go out by myself b/c it is so dark. Can't get on the treadmill b/c it will keep my 2 year old awake. So...I guess I'll give it 10 more minutes and then change into jammies.

August 17th, 2010, 08:46 PM
Wifey2Jordan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Walked 1.5 miles tonight.
August 18th, 2010, 05:08 AM
~Constance~
I hope she's ok, Amanda!
August 18th, 2010, 10:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Did you ever hear anything Amanda?

Got in 2 miles this morning. It is so much more enjoyable to walk outside!
August 18th, 2010, 04:55 PM
~Constance~
Tonight's walk was not fun. It was way too much effort after my hard day. Oh well. I did the 24 minutes anyway and I am now completely spent. I need something sweet as a reward.
August 18th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry you had a hard day, but WTG on getting the walk done.
August 18th, 2010, 10:12 PM
Wifey2Jordan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabbagepatch View Post
Tonight's walk was not fun. It was way too much effort after my hard day. Oh well. I did the 24 minutes anyway and I am now completely spent. I need something sweet as a reward.
Sorry it was tough on you!

I walked 2 miles tonight, then came home and had a peanut butter cookie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Kris~ View Post

Got in 2 miles this morning. It is so much more enjoyable to walk outside!
Ugh, its miserable outside here right now. I would much rather be on the treadmill where its only 73 degrees inside instead of 100.
August 19th, 2010, 04:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, I wouldn't be walking outside in that either. We're back in the 80s here this week. Even though it's warmer than inside, it's nice to get out and get some fresh air, get the kids out, etc
August 19th, 2010, 05:35 AM
Kris and Constance - yes, finally at 9 she text me. Her son's birthday is this weekend and her and her mom were making the treats for the party. She saw me at work that morning and knew I had only gotten 2 hours of sleep the night before, so she just assumed I was too tired to go because she hadn't heard from me. Well, come to find out her phone was on silent.

No worries, because we made up for it last night. Walked 3 miles, but went a little slower. 50 minutes total.
Walking another 3 tonight.

I sleep so much better when I walk.

Constance - what was your sweet treat???

Kris - i walk longer if I go outside. I don't know what it is about the stupid treadmill, but I only last 30-40 minutes before I am just done. Hamster on a wheel, I think. We don't have a TV in that room either. I think if I had a TV it would help the time go faster.

Goal for this week:
Thursday - 3 miles with partner
Friday - off
Saturday - 2 miles on treadmill
Sunday - 3 miles with partner

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search