Walk this baby out challenge!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 11th, 2010, 06:11 PM
~Constance~
Ok so I'm full term now and have less than 3 weeks until my due date. I decided that pain or not, heat or not I'm starting walking again. I'm used to the contractions and pelvic pain at this point and there's no stopping labor if it starts.
So today I started with an easy 10 minute walk followed by 10 minutes of stretching and yoga on my fitness ball. The walk was very painful but the ball was great!
My plan is to add 2 minutes each day to my walk and to my ball time until the baby comes.
I'm trying hard not to remember the days when I could walk 6 miles or I'll lose motivation. I'm baby stepping!
Anyone wanna join me?
August 11th, 2010, 06:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Cool idea! I've got ~6 weeks left.

I walked 2 miles today on the treadmill. It took just under 40 minutes....I'm getting slow!
August 11th, 2010, 06:58 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
OH, this sounds like fun! I'm not walking until I'm sure he's flipped (walking helps lock these guys into place and if he's still breech I do NOT want that!) so hopefully, I can join you on Monday after the u/s!!!

I'll shoot for minutes and see how far that gets me... I'll start off with 20 min on the treadmill, and will also incorporate squats throughout the day. I've read that also locks them into position and helps them drop into place.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
August 11th, 2010, 09:22 PM
Wifey2Jordan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm in! I've been meaning to get started with this, i'll get serious about it next week. I'm only 36 today.
August 12th, 2010, 05:51 AM
~Constance~
Yey! I'm so glad you gals are joining me!
Just that little walk and my hips hurt this morning. So out of tone down there! Normally I walk a 15 minute mile so I actually seemed to keep a decent pace, a 17 minute mile. I was having intense tailbone pressure during the walk but it's all for a good cause and I'm excited to go out again today. I'll be in a whole lot more pain soon enough with labor, right?!
August 12th, 2010, 08:32 AM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do your kids walk with you or do you go out without them? And what do you do on rainy days? I think I will start when I hit 37 weeks on Monday.

August 12th, 2010, 09:08 AM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
i want to start walking more... it is just so hot and humid here right now (or atleast if feels like it with no AC anywhere.. broke in house, broke in van, never had it at work)

with you girls as motivation maybe i get going this week!
August 12th, 2010, 10:38 AM
~Constance~
I walk alone, after dinner when DH is home for the kids. I've taken ds a few times because he keeps pace with me. Dd(5) still likes to run ahead and that's not cool when I can only waddle.
I actually love walking in the rain. It doesn't bother me a bit. I just won't go out in high winds or lightening storms.
It was about 88* when I walked last night but should only be around 78* tonight.
It totally stinks that you don't have AC, Irish Luck. Ugh! We have a window unit and it doesn't always do the greatest job but it's way better than nothing. How are you dealing with the heat?
August 12th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
maybe this will help me, get going. I usually walk 2 miles, the last time I did that I was around 7 months. I don't think I will get that far but we will see.

August 12th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
2 miles on the treadmill=40 minutes....slow, but better than nothin'!
August 12th, 2010, 01:34 PM
~Constance~
WTG Kris!
August 12th, 2010, 09:39 PM
Walked around the neighborhood tonight for 30 minutes.
August 13th, 2010, 05:53 AM
~Constance~
After all these months I'm totally blanking on your name Wifey. Should I just stab at Amy or Jen? WTG regardless!
I got in my 12 minutes each walking and on the ball. I just want to stay on the ball all the time. Oh the relief! Why didn't I get one of those sooner?

Ah-Ha! Good old Due Date list gave me your name.
WTG Carrie!!!!
August 13th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Veteran
I will join in! Its crazy hot here, but at this point.....yeah i could really care less! I'll just make sure I have water and don't get to overheated.

August 13th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabbagepatch View Post
After all these months I'm totally blanking on your name Wifey. Should I just stab at Amy or Jen? WTG regardless!
I got in my 12 minutes each walking and on the ball. I just want to stay on the ball all the time. Oh the relief! Why didn't I get one of those sooner?

Ah-Ha! Good old Due Date list gave me your name.
WTG Carrie!!!!
Lol, no worries. Yep, hi i'm Carrie!
August 13th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Another 2 miles on the treadmill (40 minutes).

That's 12 miles for this week, I haven't walked that much in awhile. I want to make sure I'm walking at least 10 a week.
August 13th, 2010, 09:50 PM
Walked tonight, but about 25 minutes into it, I started getting awful cramps in my lower abdomen. More like exercise cramps, not contractions, so I stopped.
August 14th, 2010, 03:06 AM
~Constance~
Could you have been a bit dehydrated Carrie? 25 mins is still great!
I got in my 14 minutes each walking/ball. It nearly killed me in tailbone/sciatic pain. All the more reason to evict this kid!
August 14th, 2010, 03:22 AM
kemper2.0's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't wait to join you ladies!! One week and two days

Kat, mommy to Gideon (9-8-10) and Arie (7-6-12), and Evangeline River (3-27-14)

August 14th, 2010, 11:02 AM
lexicon's Avatar formerly SarahRenee
I'm waiting until I hit full term and I'll be walking! My DH has been running laps around our track every day so I'll just walk while he runs. Baby is low and I know it's going to hurt!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search