Jackson's birth story!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 30th, 2010, 10:35 AM
C&J's Mom's Avatar Stacy
I had my 38 week appt on Tuesday the 24th. I was dilated to 3 and 80% effaced. She thought I would have been dilated further, but a band from a LEEP procedure I had done was stopping it from going further. She said she thought it could be anytime.

Tuesday evening I went for a walk. I had a few contractions, but nothing painful or regular and then they stopped. Throughout the night I started losing my mucous plug. Wednesday I went to work and was fine. Came home and went for another long walk. That evening while watching tv I had about 5 contractions that were fairly strong and about 8 minutes apart, but then, like before, they stopped. DH and I went to bed and I put a piece of paper by the bed so I could write down what time I had contractions if I had any. While I was sleeping I was having contractions, but I was also dreaming about having contractions, so when I woke up I wasn't sure if I was really having them or just dreaming! LOL! I went to the bathroom and had the bloody show. I went back to bed and continued to have contractions while I slept. I woke up about 2 and realized that my contractions were real and they were about 6 minutes apart. I woke DH and told him that I thought we might be going in. He showered and I casually woke Carter up to get him ready. He really wasn't sure what to think, but I had talked to him about what could happen when I had to go to hospital to prepare him for the possibility of being woke up at night. I called my parents to let them know because they were going to meet us at the hospital and take Carter home with them. We left the house at 3 a.m. We live about 20 minutes away. By the time we got about 5 miles away, the contractions were 2-3 minutes apart and getting stronger. I told DH to maybe pick up the speed a little because I really didn't want to have Jack in the car! We got there and left Carter with my parents and I walked up to L&D.

They put me in triage and hooked me up to the monitors. I was still only dilated to 3. The contractions were getting stronger each time. They came in and put a "noisy thing" on my belly to try to wake Jack up because he wasn't really moving at all while I was hooked up to the monitors. After about an hour, the conractions were getting further apart. I was getting really nervous that they were going to send me home. They called my doctor and she decided to admit me and get me walking or in the tub to see if things picked up again. About 5 a.m. I was admitted and DH and I started walking up and down the halls. I was having mild contractions. I had to go to the bathroom so we went back to the room. After I was done we went back out in the hall and I started having trickling down my leg. I wasn't sure if it was urine or if my water broke. I called the nurse and she tested it was my water. They told me that I could get the epidural when my doc came in at 8. The contractions started picking up again and were very painful and about every 3 minutes. At 7:20 my nurse could see how uncomfortable I was and said she would get the CRNA to administer the epi. While she was putting the epi in, I had a whopping contraction. It was horrible. But after it was finally in and the test dose was done I felt WONDERFUL!! I could have kissed her! Ha ha!! DH and I were able to catch a short 20 minute nap.

From there, I kind of lost track of time. The nurse checked me and I was at dilated to 9 so she called my doc. The nurse had me push a couple times and commented on how much hair he had! I couldn't believe that he was coming! The doctor came in rush and I continued to push. After about 3 round of pushing I can tell that something is wrong by the way everyone in the room started say "oh" and acting strange. They told me to stop pushing. Then it was time to push again and he was out. I could feel the pressure relief so I knew he was out, but I didn't hear him cry. He had the cord wrapped around his neck twice and he came so fast that he kept tightening it. She had to immediately clamp and cut the cord and handed him off. He was blue, but they got him squawking very quickly. They gave him a little bit of oxygen and he perked right up. They were surprised at how quickly he recovered. My DH looked at me and told me that he looked identical to Carter when he was born. They gave him to me briefly and then took him to be measured and weighed.

Jackson Cooper was born at 10:58 a.m. weighing 7 lbs. 9 oz and 20 inches long. He does look a lot like Carter only over a pound smaller and more hair!

Sorry if this is kind of jumbled! I don't have much time so haven't had time to go back and edit! LOL!

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!
August 30th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad they were able to get him to respond so quickly! Congrats!
September 3rd, 2010, 02:06 PM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
I am so glad they got him yelling soon after his birth!!
What an amazing story.

September 4th, 2010, 07:29 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Wow! I'm so glad to see that he responded so quickly. Congrats on your baby boy!
September 4th, 2010, 09:35 AM
MariaL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What an amazing story! So glad they got him to respond so quick! Congratulations!
September 4th, 2010, 12:10 PM
lovely_serendipity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh Im glad they got a quick reaction out of him!!!!! Congrats!!!
September 5th, 2010, 04:19 PM
mt23hc's Avatar Melissa
Send a message via AIM to mt23hc
Congrats! Sounds like he did wonderful!
September 5th, 2010, 05:07 PM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
How scary! So glad he recovered from it quickly though, what a trooper

September 6th, 2010, 11:21 AM
amymgem's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It is so great to read these stories now that everyone is having their babies pretty quickly. Great job and congratulations! Glad everything turned out well and that your baby boy is perfect!
September 6th, 2010, 04:11 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
Man, you were calm, cool, and collected! As I was reading I was thinking "Yeah...I'd have been there when the contractions were 10 minutes apart." But I'm an alarmist.
September 9th, 2010, 01:01 PM
wild&free's Avatar My name is Kelli :)
Thats funny about you not being able to tell if your contractions were just a dream!! Sounds like a wonderful birth and I am so glad that Jackson is healthy!

.fearfully and wonderfully made.
eli grey // jude lawrence
forever loving Finley

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search