Losing weight and hypothyroidism

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 3rd, 2010, 10:30 AM
Super Mommy
I'm going to start posting here and get serious about loosing weight. I just feel like its kind of pointless right now because I have hashimotos disease and I just had my appt with the endo canceled and don't know when I will get another one. I feel like I can exercise all I want but until I'm on some medication this weight isn't going anywhere. Right now I'm gaining about a lb a week for no reason other than my thyroid. But I'm sick of sitting around and getting fatter so I'm going to join and see what I can do. Any one have experience with trying to lose weight with hypothyroidism?

Thank you so much Meganpixel for my beautiful sigie!

September 3rd, 2010, 11:50 AM
sandpaper06's Avatar Mom of 3 darlings
I don't have Hashimotos disease, but I do have hypothyroidism. I've been stuck in a rut as well. I'm not truly *trying* to lose weight right now, but I probably should. I've been pregnant or nursing since May 2008, so I'm just finishing out nursing Lauren til the end of this year and will then try to do the "take care of me" thing.

Luckily for me though, the best Endo in the area has several (6 or7) nurse practioners that can see people. So I made my appointment and got in 3 days later. Did your OB ever get any levels on you for your TSH? Mine was willing to give me a prescription for the time that I was still deciding on doctors. Can you see if yours would do something like that for you?

Also, I just recently found out that my new doctor is willing to do twice a week dosing instead of daily, which means I'll probably remember to take my pill, since that had been a problem the entire time I was pregnant with Lauren.
Caroline - November '12

September 10th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've had hypothyroidism since I was 16. I'm now 30 I currently take Synthroid and I take .175 mcg daily.

You really should get on some meds ASAP even if it's something from your family doctor. I went without meds for 6 months and it was bad. I swelled up all over, I gained 35 pounds, I would fall asleep any time I sat still including in school, I had no motivation or energy at all. My pulse was very low and my skin was all dry, itchy and flaky.

September 21st, 2010, 10:35 AM
Super Mommy
Sounds just like me. Glad to report though that I have started synthroid and cytomel thank goodness.

Thank you so much Meganpixel for my beautiful sigie!

September 22nd, 2010, 05:50 AM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't have any thyroid issues, but I just wanted to give you some hugs! It's tough enough trying to lose weight with everything going on with our babies and families, but with medical issues on top of that...I feel for you! Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search