Mia's Birth Story

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 5th, 2010, 10:41 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well after having very irregular contractions for almost 1wk with no real cervical changes and three trips to the l&d, our induction finally began at 2:15pm on Thursday 9/2/10.

I got checked as soon as we started, was dialated to 3/4, 50% efaced, 0 station. (nurses agreed it was more like 80% efaced, but doc said 50). My dr. ok'd me getting the epidoral before the petocin drip started........I was scared, but it went in smoothly. A little uncomfortable at first, but once I laid down, and it went into effect, I was doing great. We started at a drip of 2ml and I got checked every half hour. My contractions at first were 5min apart, but they wanted them at 2-3min apart, so up we went to 4ml. I would contract great for about 30min with them 2-3min apart, but then they would space back out to 5-10min apart. Up again to 6ml, 8ml, 10, 12, and finally 14.

At around 6:30pm, I felt a gush. Put my hand down there to see if it were wet, and it was bright red blood. I freaked. Called the nurse, she said it was alot of bloody show, not to worry. about 5min later, another gush, longer this time. Called the nurse again, and were unable to determine if it were my water or not, due to the blood coming out. About 7pm through 9pm I had considerable blood loss with every contraction. At 9pm, got checked and was still about 4/5cm and not much more effaced. Dr. was concerned about all the blood and ordered an emergency u/s. The nurse came in and started and freaked us out without telling us a thing. She said she had to have another u/s tech look, because she was concerned. Waited for 5min for the next one to come, and it felt like hours.....I was a wreck...I was shaking uncontrollably and crying hystarically. The second tech told us right away, all looked fine with the placenta, no abrubtion. The nurse came back in and said my water was almost gone, so we must of lost the water with the second gush around 6;30pm.

Starting to contract harder at 9:30, and then the blood really came. Starting to clot the size of baseballs, I felt them come out. Dr. came in and said it might be a slow abrubtion, that they could not confirm on u/s. Said I might need an emergency c-section soo if things did not progess. Baby Mia was doing fabulous through all of this, so they let me go longer. At 11:15, I got a new nurse who started rotating me on each side for 1/2 hour at a time. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! From 11:15pm to midnight, I went from 4/5 to 6/7. By 1am, I was 8 and 100% effaced, and 0 station still. Dr. came in and said I would have baby very soon. Said about an hour......I knew better though. He left the room, I had another contraction (which I started to feel at this point, not painful, just started to feel them in my vagina now.) I felt her head move down, she was coming and fast. Called the nurse and said it was time. They came in and I was 10 and she was +3 station. This was all less than 5min after dr. had checked me. Got me ready, I pushed once, she crowned. Pushed again, she was coming. Pushed the third time, her head was out. No pushing, her body just slid out once the dr. suctioned her. So I pushed 3 times, for a total of 30seconds. I did not break between pushes, 3 full counts of 10, and she was here........

Cord around her neck twice and once around her body.......Thats all I had to hear to completely loose it.......She was a miracle. Said she had to of been like that for quite some time. My biggest fear. I cant describe my anxiety the last several weeks of this pregnancy, but this had been my nightmaire.......the last three days prior to delivery she moved very little, but her NST's were great. Her heart rate was great through delivery as well........no one knows where all the blood came from, placenta was delivered whole and great condition. Her cord was extremely long and they sent if off to pathology for reveiw. This is why she was so tangled. I pray to god with thanks and gratefullness for bringing her into this world alive and healthy.

Her apgar was 9/9, she did not cry much, but they were not concerned at all, her breathing was immediate as soon as her head was out. She was so perfect, so healthy.

And OMG, ALL THAT BLACK HAIR!!!!!!!!!! I now know all that heartburn had a purpose......And she was born with the sac still around her head...a cowl they call it. Rare, nurses and my grandmother say she will have a 6th. sense. Her sac was completely removed by DH, and the dr. 7lbs, 9oz, 20.5inches long.

I had a moment of silence about 10min after she was born, for all of our losses in this ddc. I cried for each and every mom who diid not get to hear their baby cry, who did not get to see their first breath. It was a very emotional moment for me. Mia was a miracle herself, after three losses and being told I would never have another baby to term. She made it against all odds, and I pray for all the women who have not held their little ones yet, that their day will come soon too.

I will post pics soon, the camera is in the car. Thank you to everyone for your support, your kindness through this journey and for all the welcomes to little Mia, it is so appreciated.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

September 5th, 2010, 03:22 PM
amymgem's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, what a story. I am so happy for you and Mia and that despite what sounds like a stressful situation, she is fine, you are fine, and everybody is more than healthy. Must have been very scary, but you are a trooper-having given birth now myself- I feel that every woman who does it is super woman!!!

I felt the same way while staying in the hospital with Wren-this immense sadness for mothers who have lost their babies-something I honestly did not fully empathize with until having my own daughter. I too feel more grateful than I have in my entire life and I pray that those ladies who have suffered losses see their hopes and dreams come true.

Anyway, great job and welcome baby Mia!!
September 5th, 2010, 04:15 PM
mt23hc's Avatar Melissa
Send a message via AIM to mt23hc
Wow! What an amazing birth! The blood sounds SO scary! So glad she was okay! I have never heard of a cowl! I googled it and didn't find much. So interesting!! Welcome to the world Mia! She is precious!
September 5th, 2010, 05:13 PM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
What a beautiful story Congratulations and welcome to the world Mia!

September 5th, 2010, 07:50 PM
sassysarah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awww what a great story. I'm so glad Mia arrived safely; she really is your miracle.

September 5th, 2010, 07:53 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I am so glad that Mia is here and doing so well! I am so happy for you. Can't wait to see pictures of your miracle. Congratulations Mamma!

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

September 5th, 2010, 08:19 PM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
Lori, that was beautifully written. Thanks for sharing. Mia is a very lucky little girl.

September 6th, 2010, 11:04 AM
C&J's Mom's Avatar Stacy
What a beautiful story, Lori. So glad that baby Mia is here safe and sound. You did great, mama! Congrats!

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!
September 6th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
Oh yes, I need to see pics!

Your story made me cry, I remember you from TTCAL and your whole story is a miracle! Congrats, I'm so happy for you!!!
September 6th, 2010, 05:33 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Thank you for sharing your miracle baby story. So glad to see that you and Mia are alright. I think your moment of silence for our DDC angels was a beautiful gesture.
September 8th, 2010, 06:23 AM
.:Stace:.'s Avatar .:Stace:.
Send a message via MSN to .:Stace:.
What a beautiful birth story and what a PERFECT little girl you have!!
You are a very kind woman Lori ... thank you for thinking of our babies that did not survive! Truly means so much!!
September 8th, 2010, 02:16 PM
MariaL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a beautiful story! Mia is a miracle indeed! Congratulations!
September 8th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Super Mommy
Congratulations and thank you for sharing your story, God bless!
Joyfully expecting #2 in January!

September 8th, 2010, 03:15 PM
~Constance~
Wow, the clots would have scared me too! So glad Mia is here safe and sound. Hope you have a quick recovery Lori!
September 8th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
What an awesome birth story! Mia is definitely a miracle baby. I am so happy for you!!!!! You really have had a lot of odds against you and look at that precious miracle you are now holding in your arms. CONGRATS on that gorgeous baby girl!!!!!!!

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

September 9th, 2010, 12:42 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
What a beautiful birth story Lori!! I would have been so terrified after seeing her all wrapped up in her cord! So glad that she arrived safely into this world and what a beautiful sentiment to have a moment of silence in that time after her arrival Congrats mama!

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
September 10th, 2010, 08:21 AM
lovely_serendipity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww u just had to make me cry didn't u!!! Beautiful story and I agree that is my fear too. After all the loses I have had I feel like this baby is almost too good to be truue...I won't let go of that fear until I'm holding her but I do try to push it to the back of my mind!!
September 12th, 2010, 07:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It sounds like Mia is detitned to do great things in her lifetime! I am so glad everything turned out okay. Congrats!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search