Jennas Birthstory (finally)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 5th, 2010, 09:28 PM
MamaMcGaw3's Avatar Veteran
Friday Morning (37.2wks) I woke up having mild contractions, about 12 mins apart. (because I was having a repeat c-section and I lived an hour away from hospital, I was told contractions 8 mins apart I needed to come in).
So later that day about 3pm My hubby got home from work, contractions about 10 mins apart. So I told him I was going to clean the house just incase this was it. So I did the floors, and 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Then made dinner and got the kids ready for our nightly walk. Just about as soon as we started walking Contractions were about 6-7 mins apart and stronger then before. So I went home got in the shower. Once I got out I called my Dr and found out he was at the hospital that night (perfect).
So got the kids to my Uncles, called my parents and headed to the hospital. Once we got there, contractions were 5 mins apart but not any stronger.
They hooked me up and checked me I was 2cm and 80%. My Dr then said I want to wait an hour then check you again before we go ahead with a c-section. So an hour later I was 3cm. Dr said ok, we will get ready to have a baby. But it was such a busy night i ended up waiting 4 hours for my c-section. (not a big deal)
Once I got back to the o.r. i found out my friend was working from the baby team. (perfect)
Spinal went great other then me shacking from it being so darn cold and my nerves. Anyways, lay down and my heartrate was in the 140s-150s. They were very concerned but continued with the section. Next thing I know I heard my baby Jenna crying and heard all the drs say wow shes a big girl for 37wks.
While I was being put back together, I guess they give pitocin to help with the placinta...so next thing i heard was the dr yelling stop the pitocin now. and then alot of craziness. I guess my placinta had flipped inside out and they had to wait for it to relax. After that things went perfect.
Jenna had a hard time breathing at first they had a c-pap on her for about an hour, then kept an eye on her for 3 more hours in the regular nursery. She was 8lbs 3oz and 17.5in. Full head of dark brown hair.
Once I got out of recovery and into my room Jenna was able to join me.
I was about to recove so well that I only stay alittle under 48 hours. It felt so good to go home and finish recovering at home with all my babies!

September 6th, 2010, 06:35 AM
amymgem's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations, mama!!! So happy for you and your family!
September 6th, 2010, 10:23 AM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
Congrates!! glad that she is happly in your arms now!
September 6th, 2010, 10:59 AM
C&J's Mom's Avatar Stacy
Congratulations! Scary about the placenta, but glad that everything is ok and you are home with your new babe!

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!
September 8th, 2010, 02:01 PM
MariaL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!
September 8th, 2010, 03:07 PM
~Constance~
She was a big girl! WTG mama!
September 9th, 2010, 12:49 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
Congrats!!

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
September 10th, 2010, 10:14 PM
lovely_serendipity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!!
September 12th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!
September 13th, 2010, 05:22 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Wow! You got to go home 48 hours after having a c-section -- I'm jealous! So glad to see that you and Baby Jenna are home and doing well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search