Drake's arrival

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 6th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Mom2#1Drakester's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
In a nutshell-I went into the hospital on Aug 31st. They started me on cytotec(may be spelling wrong) and then they gave me an ambien. I will never take ambien again b/c i swear i felt like i was hallucinating!! The babies heartbeat would drop low during the night and i did not even know it was happening i was so out of it. They thought it was the cytotec so they quit giving me that after the first dose. It actually happened a few times the next day though so it may not have even been that medication that was causing it. Well anyway in the morning after several annoying cervical checks they started me on pitocin. When the doctor showed up to try to break my water around 10AM I reacted so badly to the pain that she ended up having them go ahead and start me on my epidural close to noon so that she could go ahead and break it more easily. The epidural was no big deal (not like i had feared) and the doctor was able to break my water once it set in. I dialted very slowly and felt like it would just never happen. I feared a c section since each time they checked I had never gotten more than 2cm. I started panicking everytime the babies heartbeat would drop and shook uncontrolably a few times. All of a sudden at about 8PM the doctor said that I was 10cm and that Drake was ready to come out. He was going to present with his hand above his head though which she said she had seen before but was not common. My husband did not want to watch the actual birth but when the doc said "well that is something you don't see everyday" he just had to look down to see Drake's hand reaching out!! After the fact the experience was kind of miserable at the hospital. A nurse came in the next day to take Drake's temp and it was like just very slightly below the avg and she wisked him off to the NICU and the pediatrician on staff scared me about all these awful infection possibilities. Then she told me it would take days to run a CBC and find out what was happening. Anyway CBC came back that night and all was good and the nurses in the NICU really did not know why he was brought there. Then they made us stay an extra night even though i was technically discharged from the hospital b/c they stated we had to stay 24 hours after a NICU visit. They actually had us there like an extra 40 hours b/c we had to wait for the NICU doctor on rotation to show up at the hospital and sign us out. We were sooooooooooo tired and just anxious to be home and we felt like the hospital was messing around w/ us at this point But we were so happy to be home and so excited to start our life w/ Drake He is a great little baby and so cute and I have never been happier and would do it all over again.

Funny story from the hospital: once i was on the epidural My DH said he heard something come from my vajayjay area and i said well that is weird i felt a little rumble. So he immediately hits the Nurse call button and i get upset and say "what am i supposed to tell her?? You heard a noise and i felt a rumble...do i tell her i probably farted??!!" I was so embarrased...it was just my water etc continuing to rush out hehe.

thank you tasha_mae for the great siggy!
September 7th, 2010, 12:13 PM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
congrates on your little boy!
September 7th, 2010, 01:05 PM
sassysarah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats. Sorry your hospital stay wasn't great but at least Drake is doing well.

September 7th, 2010, 04:10 PM
amymgem's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Many congrats! So glad you're feeling the "baby high!" Isn't it incredible? I am having the time of my life with my new little girl.

Enjoy and glad you and baby are safe!
September 7th, 2010, 06:52 PM
scunch's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! Sounds like the on call staff was horrible to you. I am sure you are happy to be home.

September 8th, 2010, 02:10 PM
MariaL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations on your little guy!
September 10th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats onur lil boy!!! I'm sorry the hospital stay was miserable and too funny that he hit the call button so fast...he was probably on edge thinking the babys gonna shoot out any min!! Lol
September 12th, 2010, 07:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! I hope things are going well.
September 13th, 2010, 05:17 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Congrats! Glad to see little Drake is doing well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search