Rayne Alexandra's birth story

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 7th, 2010, 11:09 AM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Around 5:15, I started having some contractions that woke me up. But it wasn't the first time so I wasn't getting my hopes up. I kept sleeping until 8:45. I continued having contractions but sent my dh off to help his parents move. Around 9:30 I started timing them and they seemed to be 6-8 minutes apart. They were pretty strong, too, so I started thinking maybe it was the real thing. My dh called me later in the morning and asked how I was doing. I told him that it could maybe be labor but there was no real rush. I was still waiting for some bloody show before I considered it to be labor. I made the kids lunch and my dh got home around 12:30, I think. We sat down to watch TV but I was very uncomfortable and soon later had to get up to use the bathroom. I had a tiny bit of bloody show so that pretty much convinced me. I got in the shower and told my dh to call the babysitter and the hospital. At 2:30, we started heading to the hospital and I was in a lot more pain. Got there and got checked in and they wanted to monitor me for a while in triage. Contractions were 5 minutes apart and I told them I really wanted an epidural. But the on call midwife was busy so I had to sit there and wait for her to come check me to see if they were going to admit me. Finally around 3:40 she came to check me and I was 5 cm dilated. After that, they got the okay to start an IV and begin admitting me. Still, I wasn't able to have the epidural until they got an entire bag of fluid in me. I was in so much pain and by the time I got to the room, contractions were coming every 3 minutes and EXTREMELY painful. I was really scared that they weren't going to get the epidural in before I had to push. But they showed up at 4:30 to place the epidural. By 5:00, I was feeling tons better and the midwife checked me again and I was at 8 cm. Around 7:00, I started feeling some pressure with the contractions but I was only at 8 cm still. They decided to break my water then to see if that would help speed things along and it really did. Only about 15 minutes later I was feeling like I had to push. The midwife was back to check me and said I had a small lip left on one side. She tried to hold it back while I pushed with the next contraction but it wouldn't budge. She told me to wait until I felt like I couldn't not push so I did. I told the nurse about 7:45 that I really had to push. She called the midwife but I guess she got tied up with another birth. The nurse checked me and said she couldn't feel any cervix so she called the midwife back. In the mean time, I had the hardest time not pushing. Another midwife came in about 8:00 and got all suited up. I pushed for less than 10 minutes and at 8:13 pm, Rayne Alexandra was born, weighing in at 8 lbs, 1 oz and 21.5 inches long. My dd was there from the time I had the epidural until a few hours after Rayne was born. She was so happy that she was crying, which of course, made me cry too. She said "I'll never forget this day." I was so happy she got to be there to see her sister being born.

September 7th, 2010, 11:45 AM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
that is an amazing story! I really liked that your daughter was so touched by being there!

Congrates!
September 7th, 2010, 01:11 PM
sassysarah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww how sweet that big sister got to see Rayne being born. Congrats!

September 7th, 2010, 04:12 PM
amymgem's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great story. So glad everything went well and you have your new healthy babes!
September 7th, 2010, 06:49 PM
scunch's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a wonderful experience for your daughter

September 8th, 2010, 02:07 PM
MariaL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a great story! Congratulations!
September 8th, 2010, 03:10 PM
~Constance~
That is so awesome that your daughter was there for the birth!! Congrats Kim! Our girls are birthday buddies.
September 9th, 2010, 12:48 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
SO sweet that Krysta was able to see Raynes arrival!! Congrats on your little girl!

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]
forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
September 9th, 2010, 01:14 PM
C&J's Mom's Avatar Stacy
What a great story! So glad your daughter could be there! Congrats!!

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!
September 10th, 2010, 10:42 PM
lovely_serendipity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww congrats!! How sweet that ur d d was so blown away by it all!!!
September 11th, 2010, 08:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so jealous of the 10 minutes of pushing!!! What a beautiful experience you got to have with BOTH of your daughters!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search