Olivia Xiamara's Birth Story

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 9th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Kenya's Avatar Expecting #2
So, my Labor Day weekend started off pretty uneventful! DH had a 4 day weekend because of the holiday so Friday we went to a little cook out at his boss's house with a few of his co workers. Saturday and Sunday, we hung around the house while DH worked on a co worker's A/C in his car and I just did some cleaning and messing with the doggies while he was busy. Sunday night was DH's last night of "freedom" since he had to go back to work Tuesday and only had one more morning to sleep in (little did he know his daughter had plans of her own! ). I had been prescribed Ambien since week 38 due to lack of sleep and not being able to get comfortable. My belly wasn't huge which cramped every inch of my torso!

Monday morning, I woke up at 6:30am to change the channel on the tv (I can't sleep if the tv isn't on a channel I can bare watching... weird.. I know). So I got up on my hands and knees to turn on my left side after laying on my right all night. When I had myself up and supported, I felt a pop!! All I could think was, "Is this my water?!". And I didn't want to leak on the bed at all so I squeezed my thighs together just in case. I shook DH and told him I thought my water had broken. He was in a daze, half asleep, not really paying attention, and told me to go to the bathroom and check. When I got to the bathroom and spread my legs, it splashed all over the floor! It looked like what you see in the movies! lol The only thing that scared me was that it had greenish/brownish "stuff" in it and I knew she had a bowl movement in utero.. At that point, I wanted to get to the hospital as fast as we could! I woke DH up and showed him the bathroom floor and we packed my bag (nope, hadn't even had it packed yet!) and left!

After that, everything went by so fast! By the time we left, it was easily 7-7:30 and my contractions were 2-3 minutes apart. OMG did they ever hurt!!! I don't remember driving there because the pain was sooo bad! We didn't get to the hospital until almost 8.. I don't remember how we got upstairs but when we did, he told Triage that my water had broken because I couldn't talk at all and I was in a squatting position trying to breathe below the triage counter. After about 15 minutes, they took me back to "check" to see if I was in true labor. When she checked my cervix, I was 5cm and they admitted me. I was pretty much screaming at that point because it hurt beyond belief!!

In the L&D room, they hooked me up to the monitors, got me in my bed, and started doing blood work. I never got my epidural until 10:30 because they were waiting on the results of my blood work. After I got it, it really only kicked in on the right side. I was moderately numb on my left, but I could swing my left leg around like I never got the epi. After my epidural was put in, she checked me and I was 7cm. I had to wait until I was 10 to start pushing and I didn't hit 9 1/2 until 11:45 so I slept until then. At a little after 12, I got to start pushing but she wasn't moving down yet and the midwife didn't want me pushing for hours and hours just to tire myself out and actually get no where. They put me up in a sitting position to get her to "fall" down a bit more. I was screaming again cuz I could feel the extreme pressure of her moving down through my pelvis. *The Worst Pain Of My Labor* Poor DH was trying to help me calm down and telling me to breathe slowly. He was a trooper! Somehow through the chaos, pain, screaming, I managed to fall asleep again until about 2:20-2:25. I remember looking at the clock because they woke me up and I didn't want to start yet. lol But the nurse checked me again and I was 10, so it was just a matter of waiting for strong contractions. I got one or two by the time I started pushing and my labor stalled. The midwife apparently wanted her out right then and there because she hooked me up to a small drip of pitocin to get my contractions going again. After my contractions started up, the delivery went by ssooo fast! I had absolutely no pain while I was pushing and I was joking in between pushes.. lol Looking back on it, it was hilarious. I seriously only pushed for about 30 minutes because at 2:55, Olivia Xiamara was born! 6lbs, 10.7oz and 20 1/4 long.

The hospital stay wasn't bad but I was so anxious to come home. She's 3 days old now and my milk just came in this morning. IT HURTS! My boobs feel like they're going to fall off!! And I'm back down to pre-pregnancy weight already. I had only gained 10bs during my whole pregnancy, so I'm pretty sure it was gone soon after I delivered.

Anyway... Without further ado! Here she is! My precious baby girl!

@ 2:55pm

6lbs - 10.7oz, 20 1/4 in long

Team Blue for Baby 2! Due in April

September 9th, 2010, 06:26 PM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
she is adorable!!! sounds like it was an adventure getting to the hospital!!
September 9th, 2010, 10:21 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
It DOES sound like something out of a movie!!! Olivia is beautiful!! Congrats!

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
September 10th, 2010, 04:13 AM
Super Mommy
She is so cute! Love those big eyes!

September 10th, 2010, 05:08 AM
~Constance~
Awwwwwwww! She is so adorable!!! Bummer about the bad epi. But you did a great job!!
September 10th, 2010, 10:59 PM
lovely_serendipity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How lovely she is!!! And so tiny!!! Congrats!!!
September 11th, 2010, 08:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! She's adorable! I'm glad she didn't have any problems with having a bowel movement (my oldest ingested some of the meconium and had to stay in the NICU for about 8 hours).
September 11th, 2010, 11:42 AM
MariaL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She is beautiful! Congratulations!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search